Electro , e-pop, industrial -  Snog- Rich Kuntz (22 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: The Michael (2524MICHAEL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-15 11:55 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

Snog - Rich Kuntz EP (Metropolis)

A very simplistic song punctuated by a word that usually comes at the end of a fierce argument between a man and a woman.  Generally aimed at the woman. 

Although I must admit I was a bit offended by the term, disguised by its spelling, what disappointed me the most was the utter simplicity of the song. Even the two “Compliance” songs were highly simplistic, and electronica is usually identified by its complexity.  That, to me, is what makes the songs so interesting.

Is it any wonder then that the two remixes that appealed to me, the “Crazy Kuntz Rmx” and the “Hi Frequency Dionysian Rmx” appealed tome the most. Totally disconnected from the original song, they were experimental sound experiments that appealed to my predilection for the strange. 

The versions that will probably get the most attention is the original and the two Ross Healey mixes, mainly because they are able to be played in underground clubs with their characteristic beats. In this locale, the simplicity of the songs are not of any problem; it is the beat that defines the use of the song.

I generally like Thrussell’s work, since he first burst on the scene with “Corporate Slave” over two decades ago.  This one just didn’t work for me.

(1.5 stars out of 5)

MC Mahan

-The Michael, Host of :

Record Reviews
People with Tourette
Movie and Video/DVD Reviews
The Forum for Progressive Christianity
Poetry and Creative Writing

A Book of Poetry

!

available through amazon

• Edited July 15, 2017 11:58 am  by  The Michael (2524MICHAEL)

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.