Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free! Click here.
Current Event News -  Breaking News - Israel (103297 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Dunggate  (4153 of 4202) 
 9959.4153 in reply to 9959.4152 

Elaine:

What I have done in the past in my area is to ask the Produce Manager if corn sold there was GMO.  I was not given an answer at the time because they did not know.  However, most of the vegetables today here in this same grocery store are labeled where they are from.

So, it is good to ask questions.  I also asked one Butcher if they put additives and tenderizers in their meat.  I was given a demonstration of how to tell.  Animal meat bruises the same as humans.

All imported food should be labeled.  Actually, all food should be labeled.  Many days on the road of travel is not so good and causes food to spoil much faster.   I have been finding lately, after a few days for shipped in cucumbers, they tend to grow mold. 

Do you have a local Farmer's Market?    Most foods grown locally are obviously better and fresher!     

I admire you for having your own little garden!!!

sparrow

Reply   Options 

To: sparrow153  (4154 of 4202) 
 9959.4154 in reply to 9959.4153 

sparrow153 said...

Do you have a local Farmer's Market?    Most foods grown locally are obviously better and fresher!     

sparrow,

Things have got harder for me these past years due to the road traffic accident the limbs painful and not as strong, not just because of the lockdown I now have to rely on store delivery Tesco mostly, unless my Son fetch what I need.

There was a local Butcher Shop where my daughter used to take me but need to travel, as you probably remember I do not drive. 
Due to the lockdown I do not know what has happened my Son get my meat for me and it is Welsh Lamb and Beef so we buy local produce.

Elaine

To: Dunggate  (4155 of 4202) 
 9959.4155 in reply to 9959.4154 

Elaine:

We all do the best we can with what we are able to do.  Thank goodness you have children who help in looking after your needs.

We also have grocery delivery here, very helpful for shut-ins and seniors.

Blessings,

sparrow

To: sparrow153  (4156 of 4202) 
 9959.4156 in reply to 9959.4155 

sparrow153 said...

Elaine:

We all do the best we can with what we are able to do.  Thank goodness you have children who help in looking after your needs.

We also have grocery delivery here, very helpful for shut-ins and seniors.

Blessings,

sparrow

Good morning sparrow,

And the miracle of having my Son is doubled when the whole story of how they wanted me to have an abortion saying because of age could be of down syndrome.

He was a miracle of answered prayer, well actually not a prayer but a chat with God of my thoughts and feelings. Being 10 years between my last child and 20 from my eldest, besides my circumstances which you could hardly call it a marriage.

Elaine

To: Dunggate  (4157 of 4202) 
 9959.4157 in reply to 9959.4156 

Dunggate said...

He was a miracle of answered prayer,

Elaine:

God sees far into the future, and blessed you with a loving child!

sparrow

To: sparrow153  (4158 of 4202) 
 9959.4158 in reply to 9959.4157 

sparrow153 said...

Dunggate said...

He was a miracle of answered prayer,

Elaine:

God sees far into the future, and blessed you with a loving child!

sparrow

sparrow,

Blessed indeed.

Elaine

To: All  (4159 of 4202) 
 9959.4159 in reply to 9959.4158 
Israel activist wins first stage of Corbyn libel case
High Court judge rules statements made by former Labour leader could be held to be defamatory of the pro-Israel activist Richard Millett, allowing a full libel trial to go ahead
By JENNI FRAZER 
July 10, 2020, 1:13 pm  8
Jeremy Corbyn speaking at the 2013 meeting, where he made the English irony remarks. Picture courtesy of the Daily Mail
A High Court judge, Mr Justice Saini, has ruled that statements made by former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn on the Andrew Marr programme in September 2018 could be held to be defamatory of the pro-Israel activist Richard Millett. The ruling means that the case can proceed to a full libel trial.
The case refers to comments made by Mr Corbyn when Andrew Marr asked him about previous remarks he had made about “Zionists” who, he believed, “do not understand English irony”.
At a preliminary hearing on June 23, Mr Justice Saini was asked to determine whether the meaning of Mr Corbyn’s remarks on the show justified a libel action.
Get The Jewish News Daily Edition by email and never miss our top storiesFREE SIGN UP
Andrew Marr had asked Mr Corbyn about a 2013 speech he had made at a meeting convened by the Palestinian Return Centre. There he had commented on an event in Parliament days earlier, where the guest speaker was the Palestinian ambassador to the UK, Manuel Hassassian.
At the PRC event Mr Corbyn complained that some present at the meeting in Parliament were “thankfully silent Zionists” who had behaved in a “very, very abusive manner” towards Mr Hassassian.
He added that not only did they “not understand history”, but that “they did not understand English irony, either”, despite having lived in Britain for a long time.
In his nine-part judgement, delivered on Friday morning, the judge said: “I find that the words complained of referred to Mr Millett; that they bore a meaning defamatory of Mr Millett as identified above; and I find that the allegations were factual”. He said it was reasonable to conclude that Mr Corbyn’s comments referred to Mr Millett, even though he was not identified by name.
Richard Millet
But he refused permission to Mr Millett to amend his claim against Mr Corbyn, by submitting an additional five articles in which the “English irony” speech was discussed.
In his judgement, Mr Justice Saini said, the original five articles referring to Mr Corbyn’s speech, all of which had appeared just a month before the Andrew Marr broadcast, would allow “a reasonable reader when watching the programme to conclude that Mr Millett was one of the ‘two people’ accused by Mr Corbyn. I do not consider memories would have faded. Overall I conclude that Mr Millett’s case has been made out on the basis of the original articles before me”.
Richard Millett’s lawyer, Mark Lewis, said: “The judge rejected the argument that Jeremy Corbyn was not referring to Richard Millett when he defended his ‘irony statement’ on the Andrew Marr programme. The case can now proceed to trial.

To: All  (4160 of 4202) 
 9959.4160 in reply to 9959.4159 
How Der Spiegel Covered the Terrorist Car-Ramming In Jerusalem
By Hugh Fitzgerald - on July 17, 2020
"PALESTINIAN": JIHAD AGAINST JEWS
The German magazine Der Spiegel, which has a history of anti-Israel bias, in late June was at it again, publishing an article that appeared at first to blame the Israeli police for shooting an inoffensive Palestinian.
The story is here. The title of the Spiegel article read: “Israeli soldiers shoot Palestinian at border crossing.”
The title first fixes the meaning in the reader’s mind. In this case, we have Israeli soldiers inexplicably shooting at an inoffensive Palestinian, who appears to have done nothing. Indeed, he was, we assume, likely stopped at the border crossing. That is not what happened. But the title insidiously has done damage to our apprehension of the story.
But then comes more detail in the first two sentences of the story:

A video showed the alleged Palestinian terrorist Ahmad Mustafa Erekat ramming his car into Israeli soldiers. Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said Erekat “drove his vehicle quickly towards the direction of a female border police officer who was injured lightly.”

An “alleged Palestinian terrorist”? Apparently aiming his speeding vehicle toward a group of police is not enough to make you a “terrorist.” For Der Spiegel, you are still only “alleged.”

Let’s try a rewrite. First, here’s a much better title: “Palestinian attempting to run down Israeli police is shot.” Isn’t that what happened? And doesn’t it leave a different impression in the reader’s mind than “Israeli soldiers shoot Palestinian at border crossing”? Then comes the first sentence: “A video showed the Palestinian terrorist Ahmad Mustafa Erekat ramming his car into Israeli soldiers.” Use of the word “alleged” is flatly wrong, and the word has been removed. Erekat did drive his car at the Israeli police. It’s on video. There’s no denying it. Der Spiegel is here no different from a reporter who writes that “George Floyd died from an alleged neck-on-knee hold.” There is nothing “alleged” about that, or about what Erekat did. He committed an obvious act of vehicular terrorism, like so many Palestinian terrorists before him.

…When pressed by the Post if Spiegel plans to correct the headline, [Anja zum Hingst, a Spiegel spokeswoman] said “the first sentence of the lead says that the Palestinian quickly approached an official.” She added that “the report is based on official Israeli information. Of course we don’t see anything anti-Israel or antisemitic in this.”

So Erekat “quickly approached an official”? Oh, that’s okay then. But what about the speeding car he was driving?

The report is “based on official Israeli information,” so according to Anja zum Hingst, it can’t be anti-Israel or antisemitic. Of course it can. The report in Der Spiegel is quite different from the “official Israeli information” in what it conveys, beginning with that title – “Israeli soldiers shoot Palestinian at border crossing” and that mention of an “alleged terrorist.”

A sample of other media outlets shows the role of the alleged Palestinian terrorist in the attack on Israeli soldiers. The AP titled its article “Palestinian Driver Killed In Alleged Attack On Israeli Guard,” and an Israeli media outlet used the headline “Driver tries to ram cops near Jerusalem, is shot and killed — police.”…

Though the AP title retains the word “alleged” — the attack was not “alleged” — it does supply the information, as do all the other headlines, about an attempted car-ramming: “Driver…attack on Israeli guard,” “Driver tries to ram cops,” “Palestinian driver who attempted car-ramming”

The Der Spiegel title (we only have that, and the first two sentences of the report) does suggest that for no reason at all Israeli police decided to open fire on an innocent Palestinian driver. “Kind of randomly killed.”

…In an article on the Mena-Watch website, the German journalist, Alex Feuerherdt, accused the Spiegel of “double standards” against the Jewish state. He wrote that “an editorially edited agency announcement appears on the Spiegel website with the headline: ‘Man is said to have stabbed police officers in Glasgow.”’

In reporting on that attack, in Scotland, Der Spiegel described the attack clearly in the headline. Had it taken place in Israel, one suspects the magazine would have written “Israeli police shoot man walking on road” leaving it for the reader to later on discover that the “man on road” had stabbed Israeli police officers.

…He [Feuerhdert] noted that necessity [required] providing context to the readers “about the terrorist means of the Palestinian car-ramming attacks,” adding “that shouldn’t be too much to ask.”

The report should have had this “accurate sequence of events” and information: 1. Palestinian drives car at top speed toward group of police officers, in car-ramming attack.
Driver hits a female police officer.
Driver is shot and killed by police.
...[Message truncated]

To: All  (4161 of 4202) 
 9959.4161 in reply to 9959.4160 

Dear Elaine,

Update on extension of sovereignty/annexation

The much talked about 1 July date for Israel to extend sovereignty to/annex parts of the West Bank has now come and gone, and there is a sense that perhaps other events in Israel such as the second wave of Coronavirus, combined with pressure not to proceed from within the Israeli security and diplomatic establishment may mean that the controversial move does not go ahead.

We know that our network includes supporters of Israel with strong views on both sides of the debate about the Israeli proposals so we don’t take a collective position.

Here is some useful background information to help you understand the debate.

Our new podcast features BICOM CEO Richard Pater updating on the debate, me explaining why WBII opposes targeted sanctions as a response, and Natasha Hausdorff of UK Lawyers for Israel making the case that the move would not be illegal: https://soundcloud.com/user-202364896/episode-13-annexation

Here are two contrasting viewpoints from senior Israeli security figures:

Fathom and BICOM’s webinar with Maj.-Gen. (Res.) Amos Gilead, who vigorously opposes the proposals:

https://youtu.be/pVkdORAudZc

Brig.-Gen.Yossi Kuperwasser’s Open Letter to Boris Johnson “The unilateral application of Israeli sovereignty is necessary to move the peace process forward”:

https://fathomjournal.org/the-unilateral-application-of-israeli-sovereignty-is-necessary-to-move-the-peace-process-forward-an-open-letter-to-boris-johnson-from-yossi-kuperwasser/

A general overview of the issues is in this BICOM briefing: https://www.bicom.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Annexation-Briefing-June-2020-FINAL.pdf

And Calev Ben-Dor offers a comprehensive review of the Israeli debate and likely international reactions: https://fathomjournal.org/israels-dangerous-annexation-policy-why-now-and-what-next/?highlight=annexation

Whatever your views on whether Israel is right to consider doing this, we hope you will agree that sanctions are the wrong response, and sign our petition against them if you are not one of the nearly 5,000 people who have already signed it:
https://www.webelieveinisrael.org.uk/no_sanctions

Best wishes,

Luke Akehurst,
Director, We Believe in Israel

To: All  (4162 of 4202) 
 9959.4162 in reply to 9959.4161 

corbyn-858916-1361065-640x400.jpg
‘Labour publicly apologises for the distress and embarrassment it has caused’
BY JEWISH NEWS REPORTER
Party issues momentous High Court apology to ex-staffers after they sued over the fallout from a BBC Panorama investigation into the handling of antisemitism claims.

PANO_JOHN-WARE-200x200.jpg
Panorama journalist John Ware planning to sue Jeremy Corbyn
BY JEWISH NEWS REPORTER

22513487-1-200x200.jpg
Corbyn: Labour whistleblowers’ payout a ‘political decision, not a legal one’
BY JEWISH NEWS REPORTER

Navigate this discussion: 1-2 3-12 13-22 ... 4133-4142 4143-4152 4153-4162 4163-4172 4173-4182 4183-4192 4193-4202
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.