Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Jewish Living & Holidays -  Anti-Semitism 2021 - Alive & Thriving (679 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 64) 

This is a perfect (terrible) piece to start off the new year in anti-Semitism.

December 24, 2020

"The Hungarian Deputy Prime Minister on Friday blasted a European Court of Justice ruling that permits countries to effectively ban Kosher slaughter as “a disgrace”."

Over 500,000 Jews, almost the entire Jewish population of Hungary were murdered during the Holocaust. It's good to see the Hungarian people may be feel a haunting pain over what happened in their country.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/293353

Hungarian Deputy PM blasts kosher slaughter ruling as 'disgrace'

European Jewish Association Chair: 'Hungary has consistently shown action to match its words, we hope other countries will follow.'

The Hungarian Deputy Prime Minister on Friday blasted a European Court of Justice ruling that permits countries to effectively ban Kosher slaughter as “a disgrace”.

In a statement on Saturday night, Rabbi Menachem Margolin said: “We welcome the strong and firm words of the Hungarian government on the Court of Justice decision.

"The Hungarian government has consistently shown action to match its words and has long sustained and supported Jewish life and practice.

“The same sadly cannot be said for many countries and institutions who profess freedom of religion, and who claim to be bastions of democracy, but legislate against Jewish life, tradition and practice.

"We hope and indeed pray that some of these same countries will change and adopt a similar attitude and approach to Jews and Judaism that Hungary has shown.”

Reply   Options 

Message 2 of 64 was Deleted  

To: All  (3 of 64) 
 10934.3 in reply to 10934.2 

January 6, 2021

"Iran’s parliament voted to mandate that among the Islamic Republic's official foreign policy goals is the destruction of the state of Israel...Eliminating the Zionist regime doesn’t mean eliminating Jews. We aren’t against Jews."

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/iranian-parliament-passes-law-requiring-destruction-israel

Iranian Parliament Passes Law Requiring 'Destruction Of Israel'

Iran already raised alarm bells in Tel Aviv with it's recent declaration that it will enrich uranium to 20%, causing Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to again vow that "Israel will not allow Iran to produce nuclear weapons" - as he said on Monday. There are now fears Israel could mount a preemptive strike on the Fordow enrichment complex. 

At the same time, Iran’s parliament voted to mandate that among the Islamic Republic's official foreign policy goals is the destruction of the state of Israel. The mandate was passed on the anniversary of Qassem Soleimani’s assassination, which was Sunday.

The new mandate aims "to destroy the usurping Zionist regime" as well as "[break] the siege of Gaza by sending basic goods from official naval bases to Gaza in exchange for money or free of charge," according to Foreign Policy.

Israel has long condemned Iranian covert support to Hamas and other Islamist factions in Gaza. Hezbollah in Lebanon is also a major thorn in Israel's side which receives even more Iranian funding, weapons, and support. 

The new law further means Iran must fight for the "Right of return of Palestinian refugees" and the "Liberation of the Golan Heights" through establishing “welfare-economic-security and infrastructures."

These measures are in response to the "terrorist act" of the January 3, 2020 assassination of IRGC Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani.

In past statements calling for Israel's destruction, Iran has sought to distinguish between targeting Israel and targeting Jews.

The following morning after the anti-Israel legislation, government spokesman Ali Rabeie announced via state media: "A few minutes ago, the process of producing 20% enriched uranium has started in Fordow enrichment complex."

To: All  (4 of 64) 
 10934.4 in reply to 10934.3 

January 17, 2021

"Iran's "Supreme Leader," Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, makes regular use of his account, for example, to threaten Israel, the US, and other Western states."

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/294573

No to incitement on Twitter? Not when it comes to Israel

The social media network permanently blocked Trump, but Ayatollah Khamenei's account calling for the destruction of Israel is up and well.

While Twitter announced a permanent ban of President Trump out of "fear of continued incitement to violence" it turns out the accounts of individuals using the social media network to hatemonger against people or groups they deem "inferior", including ones calling for the destruction of the State Israel and Jewish people, continue to spread their message with little or no restraint.

Iran's "Supreme Leader," Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, makes regular use of his account, for example, to threaten Israel, the US, and other Western states.

In a tweet from 2018 that still appears on his account, the "Supreme Leader" threatened to destroy the Israel, writing, "Our position against Israel is the same we have always taken. Israel is a malignant cancerous growth in the West Asian region that must be removed and eradicated. It is possible and it will happen."

Last July, Khamenei published a post vowing to retaliate for the American assassination of Quds Force General Qassem Suleimani in January of that year.

In May of last year, Khamenei reiterated his call to destroy the Jewish state.

In 2014, Iran's "Supreme Leader" tweeted a nine-point plan explicitly detailing means of eliminating Israel.

Venezuelan dictator Nicolas Maduro, accused of committing systematic human rights violations, is another leader of a rogue regime with an active Twitter account, conveying messages in support of communism and hatred of the US.

Media outlets representing the Chinese Communist Party are also known for spreading their message via Twitter. For example, People's Daily, considered the Chinese government's main propaganda apparatus, tweeted last November that "all available evidence suggests that the coronavirus did not originate in Wuhan, but could have reached China through imported frozen food products and their packaging."

Other highly controversial figures such as including former NFL star O.J. Simpson, charged with the 2008 murder of his ex-wife and her partner and sentenced to a lengthy prison term on charges of robbery and attempted kidnapping continue to run uninterrupted Twitter accounts.

Even radical Nation of Islam preacher Louis Farrakhan, widely considered amongst the most vicious anti-Semites in the world, as well as renowned neo-Nazi Richard Spencer continue to make good use of the platform to spread their message.

To: All  (5 of 64) 
 10934.5 in reply to 10934.4 

February 10, 2021

“The international court was established to prevent horrors such as those that were perpetrated by the Nazis against the Jewish people. Instead, it is persecuting the state of the Jewish people...The claim that Jews living in their homeland and their capital of Jerusalem constitutes a war crime is scandalous. Also, the claim that the IDF – there is no more ethical army – is carrying out war crimes even as it protects us from terrorists that launch rockets at our cities – is no less scandalous,”

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/israels-political-security-cabinet-rejects-iccs-decision-658148

Cabinet: ICC standing with antisemites in decision to probe Israel

Netanyahu calls leaders to push back against Israel war crimes probe 

The International Criminal Court is in line with antisemitic organizations in its ruling that Israel may be investigated for war crimes, Israel’s Security Cabinet said on Sunday.

In a rare public statement, the Security Cabinet rejected the ICC’s “outrageous” decision. The cabinet pointed out that Israel is not a member of the court and the Palestinian Authority, which did join the Rome Statute establishing the court, does not meet the international standard for statehood, and, as such, said the ICC does not have the jurisdiction to investigate Israel.

The ICC’s Pre-Trial Chamber ruled on Friday that it has the jurisdiction to probe war crimes allegations in Gaza, the West Bank and east Jerusalem committed since June 13, 2014, including possible lawsuits against Netanyahu, defense ministers and other high-level officials, as well as soldiers and commanders. The investigation includes Operation Protective Edge and settlement activity.

The cabinet said that the ICC decision “exposes the court as a political body aligned with international organizations that are motivated by antisemitism.

“The international court was established to prevent horrors such as those that were perpetrated by the Nazis against the Jewish people. Instead, it is persecuting the state of the Jewish people. Even as it allows the investigation of Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East that is committed to the rule of law, the court shuts its eyes to the awful war crimes being perpetrated time and again by dark dictatorships such as Iran and Syria.”

The cabinet also took issue with the probe focusing, in part, on Israelis living in Judea and Samaria.

“The claim that Jews living in their homeland and their capital of Jerusalem constitutes a war crime is scandalous. Also, the claim that the IDF – there is no more ethical army – is carrying out war crimes even as it protects us from terrorists that launch rockets at our cities – is no less scandalous,” the statement reads.

To: All  (6 of 64) 
 10934.6 in reply to 10934.5 

February 19, 2021

"I made a decision a long time ago never to wear it in front of a jury because of an incident that happened once in a case in Brooklyn with anti-Semitic jurors. It was a big incident. I'm afraid that it's to the client's detriment. People make a judgment when they see the yarmulke, and sometimes it's not good,"

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/297028

Donald Trump's attorney: This is why I did not wear a kippah

Attorney David Schoen tells i24NEWS in an interview about the reactions he received when he put his hand on his head while drinking water during the impeachment trial.

Attorney David Schoen, who represented former US President in his second impeachment trial this month, reflects on the trial, which ended in Trump's second acquittal, in an interview with i24NEWS.

Schoen discusses 'Yarmulkegate,' in which he, an Orthodox Jew, covered his head while drinking water during a Senate hearing because he was not wearing the traditional head-covering at the time.

"It's always kind of an awkward decision for me to make. When I go to court, just before the judge, I wear my yarmulke. I made a decision a long time ago never to wear it in front of a jury because of an incident that happened once in a case in Brooklyn with anti-Semitic jurors. It was a big incident. I'm afraid that it's to the client's detriment. People make a judgment when they see the yarmulke, and sometimes it's not good," he explains.

"So I made a decision during these proceedings not to wear my yarmulke when I was addressing the Senate. Some days I forgot it was on. I walked in with it and people said: 'why is he wearing it today?' I really didn't think it would be an issue. Then, when I made my presentation, I didn't have the yarmulke on, and for me it's unusual and awkward to be drinking something or eating something without my yarmulke on. I was conscious of it. I first made my bracha, I covered my head, just to say G-d is above us and I'm making this bracha and so on and sanctify the moment. And then, each time I was drinking I didn't have anything else available, so I covered my head with my hand. And then that became sort of a viral story. It was a little embarrassing and awkward, but I understand it's unusual," he added.

To: All  (7 of 64) 
 10934.7 in reply to 10934.6 

March 3, 2021

“All of this could have been avoided if producers had thought to consult members of the Orthodox Jewish community before depicting them in this false and slanderous light.”

https://www.bnaibrith.ca/bnai-brith-demands-action-over-antisemitic-content-on-canadian-tv-show/

B’nai Brith Demands Action over Antisemitic Content on Canadian TV Show

TORONTO – B’nai Brith Canada is calling on the producers of a Canadian medical drama series to apologize and take action for inaccurate and offensive stereotypes against Hasidic Jews in a widely-distributed episode of their show.

In Episode 8, Season 1 of Nurses, produced by Toronto’s ICF Films, Entertainment One and Corus Entertainment, a young Hasidic man and basketball player named Israel suffers a serious leg injury. He is told by hospital staff that a bone graft from a corpse is his only hope for recovery, at which point he refuses. The character’s father then objects to the prospect of receiving a graft from “goyim,” non-Jews, a woman or an Arab.

In actuality, when a Jew receives a graft or organ donation from the dead, under Jewish law, the fact that the donor may be a non-Jew, a woman, an Arab or even a fellow Jew is irrelevant. According to traditional Jewish law, saving a life takes precedence over all other considerations and religious commandments.

B’nai Brith’s view is that this inaccurate plot line perpetuates false and dangerous antisemitic stereotypes about Jews – Hasidic and Orthodox Jews in particular – hating women, Arabs or non-Jews in general. The organization has written to three companies responsible for producing the show, demanding an apology, a factual correction and the removal of the impugned episode until changes can be made.

Nurses has recently received more interest and scrutiny due to being broadcast by NBC in the United States.

“The disturbing stereotypes present in this episode of Nurses are deeply damaging to Jews, especially Orthodox practitioners,” said Michael Mostyn, Chief Executive Officer of B’nai Brith Canada. “We call on the producers to act responsibly and take accountability for this outrage.

“All of this could have been avoided if producers had thought to consult members of the Orthodox Jewish community before depicting them in this false and slanderous light.”

B’nai Brith’s Audit of Antisemitic Incidents for 2019, the latest year with full data, bore witness to 2,207 acts of violence, vandalism and harassment against Canadian Jews in 2019, the highest number on record and an 8% increase over 2018.

To: All  (8 of 64) 
 10934.8 in reply to 10934.7 

March 7, 2021

"Obama’s latest biography “A Promised Land” lies about Israel’s history and incites hatred against the Jewish State, since Amazon is now censoring books it considers “hate speech”, Obama’s “A Promised Land” should certainly be censored."

What nearly always amazes me is how all sides seemingly forget about God, that God owns the land, and that God gave the land to His chosen Priesthood Nation. All the legal arguments about Israel owning the land are fine and true, but they all miss the point.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/03/obamas-promised-land-falsely-portrays-israel-occupiers-aggressors-stole-palestinians-land/

Obama’s “Promised Land” Falsely Portrays Israel as Occupiers and Aggressors Who Stole the Palestinians’ Land

Obama’s latest biography “A Promised Land” lies about Israel’s history and incites hatred against the Jewish State. 

Obama’s latest biography “A Promised Land” lies about Israel’s history and incites hatred against the Jewish State. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

On December 28, 2020, Robert Spencer describes how Obama lied about Israel’s history in his biography to incite against the Jewish State:

Obama portrays Britain and then Israel as occupying powers in Palestine, without ever explaining who actually owned the land they were and are supposedly occupying. He makes no mention of the League of Nations Mandate for Palestine. As The Palestinian Delusion explains in detail, the Mandate directed the British to encourage “close settlement by Jews on the land” for “the establishment of the Jewish national home.” What gave the League the right to do such a thing? The dying Ottoman Empire had ceded Palestine to the League in 1918. Jews had lived in that land from time immemorial, and it was otherwise sparsely populated. It was a perfect place for the Jews who faced discrimination, harassment and worse in Europe and elsewhere to settle.

Thus the common assumption, which Obama fosters, that the Israelis are illegitimate occupiers of a land that belongs rightly to the Palestinians, founders on the facts. There never was a Palestinian state. No Palestinian king, or emperor, or president. There never was a Palestinian nationality or ethnicity distinct from the nationality and ethnicity of the Arabs of the region. Palestine, like Staten Island or Georgetown, was always the name of a region, not a nation-state or ethnonational home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

His description of the birth of the State of Israel is no more fair or accurate: “As Britain withdrew, the two sides quickly fell into war. And with Jewish militias claiming victory in 1948, the state of Israel was officially born.”

The “two sides” were actually tiny Israel against the giant massed forces of Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Transjordan, Lebanon, and Saudi Arabia. They didn’t “fall into war”; the Arab League declared war immediately after Israel declared its independence. Obama’s use of the term “militias” to describe the Israel Defense Forces is doubtless chosen for its resonance with the right-wing, racist, white supremacist militias that American Leftists hysterically imagine to be stalking the land.

Even worse, Obama claims that “for the next three decades, Israel would engage in a succession of conflicts with its Arab neighbors.” One would get no hint from his account of the fact that Israel “would engage” in all these conflicts not out of some imperialist or supremacist impulse, but because each and every time, Arab forces carried out an unprovoked attack against the Jewish state. But Obama appears determined to portray Israel as the aggressor, trusting in the general ignorance of his readership.

Obama’s animus toward Israel is so great that he even calls the Temple Mount “one of Islam’s holiest sites,” without ever mentioning its central importance in Judaism.

A Promised Land thus includes a concise primer for Leftists to remind them of why they must hate Israel…”

Obama’s latest biography “A Promised Land” lies about Israel’s history and incites hatred against the Jewish State, since Amazon is now censoring books it considers “hate speech”, Obama’s “A Promised Land” should certainly be censored.

To: All  (9 of 64) 
 10934.9 in reply to 10934.8 

March 9, 2021

"In September 2020, the Trump administration imposed sanctions on senior ICC officials, including chief prosecutor Bensouda, on charges of “illegitimate attempts to subject Americans to its jurisdiction...The ICC “violated the right of democracies to defend themselves against terrorism..."

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2021/03/03/icc-announces-probe-into-alleged-israeli-war-crimes-possibly-leading-to-several-hundred-arrests/

The International Criminal Court (ICC) prosecutor has announced the Hague will launch a probe into alleged war crimes by Israel in what it termed the “Palestinian territories.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Palestinian Authority welcomed the decision, which it said was in step with “Palestine’s tireless pursuit of justice and accountability.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In February, the ICC ruled it has the jurisdiction to investigate alleged Israeli war crimes in Gaza, the West Bank and east Jerusalem, prompting an outcry from Israel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Israel is convicted of war crimes for the 2014 conflict against the Hamas terror group in Gaza, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, defense ministers and other high-level officials could be subject to international arrest warrants upon travel abroad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The ICC is not a panacea, but only seeks to discharge the responsibility that the international community has entrusted to it, which is to promote accountability for Rome Statute crimes, regardless of the perpetrator, in an effort to deter such crimes,” she wrote.

“In meeting this responsibility, the Office focuses its attention on the most notorious alleged offenders or those alleged to be the most responsible for the commission of the crimes.”

Her main concern, she wrote, “must be for the victims of crimes, both Palestinian and Israeli, arising from the long cycle of violence and insecurity that has caused deep suffering and despair on all sides.”

In September 2020, the Trump administration imposed sanctions on senior ICC officials, including chief prosecutor Bensouda, on charges of “illegitimate attempts to subject Americans to its jurisdiction.”

Netanyahu last month slammed the ICC’s ruling, saying it “proved once again that it is a political body and not a judicial institution.”

He went on to claim that The Hague “ignores the real war crimes and instead pursues the State of Israel, a state with a strong democratic government that sanctifies the rule of law, and is not a member of the ICC.”

The ICC “violated the right of democracies to defend themselves against terrorism, and played into the hands of those who undermine efforts to expand the circle of peace. We will continue to protect our citizens and soldiers in every way from legal persecution.”

To: All  (10 of 64) 
 10934.10 in reply to 10934.9 

March 10, 2021

"Also readily available on the site is the book "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion," an antisemitic conspiracy theory book that purported to reveal a Jewish plot for world domination."

https://justthenews.com/nation/ebay-purges-dr-seuss-books-its-servers-while-still-allowing-nazi-manifestos-pro-slavery

eBay purges Dr. Seuss books while still allowing Nazi manifestos, pro-slavery books

Hitler's "Mein Kampf" can still be purchased, but "And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street" is being wiped.

Ebay this week is working to purge from its servers the listing of six disputed Dr. Seuss books, even as it continues to allow the listing and sale of works such as Hitler's antisemitic Nazi manifesto "Mein Kampf." 

Dr. Seuss Enterprises announced this week that it would cease production of half a dozen Seuss books it claimed contain "hurtful" and "wrong" portrayals, including pictures of Asian men and at least one use of the word "Eskimo." 

Ebay shortly thereafter announced that it would be scrubbing listings of those books from its online marketplace. Copies of the discontinued children's stories were being listed and sold for significantly inflated prices following the books' cancellations. 

The Internet bidding behemoth said this week that it is "currently sweeping [its] marketplace to remove these items," with a spokeswoman reportedly admitting that the total purge of the titles will "take some time."

Yet, even as eBay works hard to remove those books from its servers, multiple books with far more controversial content remain readily available for purchase on the site. 

Among those are Adolf Hitler's infamous "Mein Kampf," a vitriolic autobiography written by the genocidal dictator several years before his rise to power. In that work, Hitler laid out his grievances against what he said was a global Jewish conspiracy and called for "international poisoners" to be "exterminated," a foreshadowing of Hitler's eventual attempt to exterminate the Jewish people in Europe. 

Also readily available on the site is the book "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion," an antisemitic conspiracy theory book that purported to reveal a Jewish plot for world domination. That book was cited favorably by Hitler in "Mein Kampf" and has been promoted by notable anti-semites such as Henry Ford.

Likewise available for purchase are copies of "The Planter's Northern Bride," a U.S. pro-slavery novel written in 1854, as well as "Race Crossing in Jamaica," a book of racist pseudoscience by the eugenicist doctor Charles Davenport. 

Ebay did not return requests for comment on why it is purging the Seuss books while still allowing shoppers to purchase works in support of racism and genocide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ALA's Office for Intellectual Freedom has tracked the 100 most frequently challenged books every decade since 1990, with books on the lists including "Sex" by Madonna, the Harry Potter series, the pro-gay marriage "Heather Has Two Mommies," and "Beloved" by Toni Morrison. 

No Dr. Seuss books appear on the lists of most-challenged books from 1990-2009.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 41-50 51-60 61-64
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.