Non-Jews- What's On Your Mind? -  The Cancel Culture & Social Credit Score (2438 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (141 of 176) 
 11127.141 in reply to 11127.140 

February 1, 2022

Devin Nunes appears on Fox News with Maria Bartiromo to discuss his new position as CEO of Truth Social and the challenges of building an anti-fragile to Big Tech platform. {Direct Rumble Link}

Having spent the last 14 months deeply organizing and constructing what Nunes is describing, I can appreciate the scale of this effort his team is attempting to create.  Building technology platforms that are anti-fragile to Big Tech is not easy and is extremely expensive.

As Nunes notes, vetting the system partners and providers is a priority.  Each small component must be reviewed as a vector, a window into the larger network of systems that are created.  It’s not just a matter of an independent network of servers, it is also a system of server capacity to handle millions of simultaneous user engagements and billions of Ajax calls per second.  CTH is based on a much smaller scale version, and even at this level it is a very complex undertaking. 

Nunes is hopeful that Truth Social will be live as an independent social media system sometime before the end of the first quarter.  It will be interesting to see how they handle user privacy, user data and access points for user engagement.

They will likely have to build out the majority of their infrastructure from scratch, and they will burn through a great deal of investment capital along the way.  Fortunately, there are people inside Big Tech who will align with the independent objective.

Reply   Options 

To: All  (142 of 176) 
 11127.142 in reply to 11127.137 

February 10, 2022

"Following a 1-week suspension from YouTube for quoting Dr. Fauci saying masks don’t work (one of his countless flip-flops)..."

https://bongino.com/youtube-permanently-bans-dan-bongino-for-going-against-covid-narrative/

YouTube Permanently Bans Dan Bongino for Going Against COVID Narrative

Following a 1-week suspension from YouTube for quoting Dr. Fauci saying masks don’t work (one of his countless flip-flops), Dan Bongino uploaded a video to their platform titled “Why I’m Leaving YouTube” where he announced all future content of his would be posted exclusively to Rumble, the pro-free speech competitor to YouTube that Dan is an investor in.

In response, YouTube attempted a poorly executed “you can’t break up with me if I break up with you first” approach, and decided to ban Dan from the platform he just left and was never going to post to again.

Regardless, all future content related to the Dan Bongino show will be posted to Rumble on the following channels:

The Dan Bongino Show channel already has far more subscribers (2.06 million) than the former YouTube counterpart had.

A YouTube spokesman said that both of Dan’s channels have been removed from their website, and he will not be able to create a new one in the future. The spokesperson also confirmed that any new channels “associated with his name” will also be denied.

To: Impeach Xo Bai Den!! (ducky1988) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (143 of 176) 
 11127.143 in reply to 11127.131 

February 14, 2022

"The big tech social media platforms are ceding effectively half of the world for potential clients...Emerging alternative information ecosystem expected to receive big boost with first-quarter launch of former President Trump's Twitter-like platform, Truth Social."

https://justthenews.com/nation/free-speech/independent-voices-shunned-big-tech-flock-big-tent-alternatives-controlled

Conservatives, independent voices build own platforms to counter Big Tech censorship, managed news

Emerging alternative information ecosystem expected to receive big boost with first-quarter launch of former President Trump's Twitter-like platform, Truth Social. Conservatives took critics to heart when they said, "build your own platforms," in the wake of digital censorship claims.

Twitter competitors like Gab, Parler and now GETTR offer a "safe space" for those frustrated by the former's inconsistent rules. The video platform Rumble, active since 2013 but experiencing a massive boost over the past year, is a haven for voices like conservative talker Dan Bongino recently silenced by Google-owned YouTube. And GiveSendGo.com lets clients denied access to GoFundMe crowdfund without compromising their values.

Bongino, with ties to both Rumble and Parler, launched AlignPay last year as a competitor to PayPal, "free from the threat of Cancel Culture," as its mission statement declares. Bongino is now working with another alternative payment platform called paralleleconomy.com, a competitor with Stripe. 

The wave of alternate platforms, part of an emerging parallel economy, may receive its biggest boost yet with the advent of former President Donald Trump's Truth Social, set to launch in the first quarter of the year, with Feb. 21, Presidents' Day, targeted in an App Store listing. The new, Twitter-like platform will let the banned leader back on social media, likely joined by his considerable base.

Jason Miller, a former Trump aide and CEO of GETTR, calls 2020 the "the worst year for political censorship in U.S. history," citing citizens and news outlets alike punished by social media for sharing the Hunter Biden laptop story and the theory that COVID-19 stemmed from a lab leak in Wuhan, China.

The former proved accurate, while the latter has gained at least equal footing as the most likely explanation for the origin of the pandemic.

"We needed an alternative solution," Miller says of GETTR, which launched last year. ~~~~~~~~~

"The big tech social media platforms are ceding effectively half of the world for potential clients," he says.

Miller sees the issue in play as a global concern. He says world governments are following Big Tech's lead in censoring free speech, witness the attacks on Telegram, a messaging app, in several countries. The Canadian province of Nova Scotia recently instigated hefty fines, up to $100,,000, for anyone publicly voicing support for the "Freedom Convoy," truckers protesting the nation's vaccine mandates. ~~~~~~~

"Our market research shows 20-25 percent of Trump supporters quit social media [following his banishment]. His getting active got them off the sidelines," says Miller, adding that his company is plotting new developments including a GETTR Pay service this summer. ~~~~~~~

Miller says the biggest misconception center-right Americans have about the social media landscape is that Twitter and Facebook will respond to the new competition by easing their current restrictions.

"They're never going back," Miller says, citing a popular quote from his former boss, President Trump.

To: Impeach Xo Bai Den!! (ducky1988) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (144 of 176) 
 11127.144 in reply to 11127.131 

February 17, 2022

https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/10/youtube-bans-lgbt-people-from-finding-effective-treatment-for-trauma/

YouTube Bans LGBT People From Finding Effective Treatment For Trauma

Research demonstrating how trauma treatment changes sexual feelings has just been scrubbed from YouTube’s record.

I’m a clinical psychologist, and I help my clients resolve their traumatic memories. In the process, these clients often report spontaneous changes in their sexual feelings, and these changes may lead them away from LGBT attractions and toward heterosexual ones.

I’m not alone in observing this. A two-year study with a good sample size revealed the same thing. So I talked about this study on my YouTube channel. This turned out to be a mistake. Big Tech, at the behest of left-wing activists, decided to censor information about sexual shifts that move any client on the sexuality spectrum away from “gay” and toward “straight.” These outcomes, which would be celebrated if they moved a client the other direction, which can be life-transforming results for some people. ~~~~~~~~~

My practice has found, through science-based, client-led therapy, that some men can make shifts along the sexual-fluidity spectrum—not just regarding their attraction to people of the same sex, but towards being attracted to women.

Last month, The Hill gave a platform to activists who declared Reintegrative Therapy—the work my practice developed and which we use every day— to be “hateful” and “harmful.” They cited a report by the Global Project Against Hate and Extremism (GPAHE), which is run by people who used to work for the far-left Southern Poverty Law Center. The GPAHE campaign explicitly works to pressure tech media companies to remove content on unwanted same-sex attraction.

In response to these reports, YouTube permanently banned my account of research showing the harm reduction gained through Reintegrative Therapy. In doing so, YouTube has cut off sexual-abuse victims from learning about alternatives for their lives and sexuality. I have reposted the videos on Odysee so the thousands of people who have found these videos helpful can continue to search, find, and use them.

The study I mentioned above was peer-reviewed and published in the Journal of Human Sexuality. Its independent researchers determined that the approach I use, which focuses on resolving traumatic memories, is associated with decreases in psychological distress, such as decreases in depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation.

It will often, but not always, measurably reduce unwanted sexual behaviors as a spontaneous byproduct. In other words, clients often experience a shift in sexual attraction as a byproduct of dealing with their past trauma. Identical methods are used by Reintegrative Therapy in the treatment of binge-eating disorders.

This treatment method is distinct from the much-maligned (and sometimes legally banned) "conversion therapy,” as it does not seek to change a client’s sexuality. Change, when it occurs, is a byproduct of the resolution of trauma. ~~~~~~~~

Objective science doesn’t care about political agendas. Everyone should put those seeking help first, now and always.

To: All  (145 of 176) 
 11127.145 in reply to 11127.144 

February 24, 2022

"Now, because of reports against my YouTube videos, they have decided to restrict viewing to those aged 18 and over, as if it is dangerous for young people in the world to watch evidence that Israel is not apartheid, but that won't stop me," he promises."

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/322136

Israeli-Arab Israel advocate censored by YouTube

Online Israel advocate Yoseph Haddad has been removed from Instagram and now faces age restrictions from YouTube, but refuses to give up.

Yoseph Haddad, an Arab-Israeli propaganda activist and disabled IDF veteran from the Second Lebanon War, has drawn criticism from far-left organizations and pro-Palestinian groups seeking to block his online advocacy for Israel.

Video hosting giant YouTube announced to Haddad today (Friday) that it would restrict viewers under the age of 18 from viewing his content. "After reviewing your content we have determined that it is not suitable for viewers under the age of 18, in accordance with our Community Guidelines," YouTube said.

Haddad has not given up on his cause, and intends to fight the decision. "A war is being waged against me online by all kinds of haters of Israel," he said. "They have been able to block and remove my Instagram account several times in the past. Now, because of reports against my YouTube videos, they have decided to restrict viewing to those aged 18 and over, as if it is dangerous for young people in the world to watch evidence that Israel is not apartheid, but that won't stop me," he promises.

About three weeks ago, on International Holocaust Remembrance Day, Haddad led a "memorial in your living room" event for participants from the Arab world. The event has taken place for four years now, but this is only the second year that the event was attended by participants from Arab countries, including Syria, Iraq, and Lebanon, in addition to Dubai, Bahrain, and other countries.

"We received messages during the ceremony that people are sending wishes for peace and greetings from Lebanon and asking us to continue this work. People from Syria talked about the importance of the event. There is a great thirst to understand what happened in the Holocaust," Haddad told Arutz Sheva.

"There is a lack of information and a serious problem of ignorance regarding this issue - not by the fault of the people but the fault of those countries that want to minimize this event and deny it. This event happened to the Jewish people, and we must remember that it happened to the Jewish people, and learn from it to ensure that it never happens again to any nation."

To: All  (146 of 176) 
 11127.146 in reply to 11127.145 

February 24, 2022

"Millions worldwide are tirelessly waiting to use the platform and ditch big tech!"

I am concerned. What is to stop the Apple store from shutting down the Truth Social app, because of something, anything, that they SAY they do not like or approve of...as they did with Parler? Hopefully Apple fears the potential ramifications of doing so, or sees that Trump has alternative routes should they attempt to do so.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/02/president-trumps-truth-social-launches-hits-number-one-apple-store-within-hours-hundreds-thousands-placed-waiting-list/

President Trump’s TRUTH SOCIAL Launches, Hits Number One On Apple Store WITHIN HOURS, Hundreds Of Thousands Placed On Waiting List

After President Trump’s new highly anticipated social media platform, Truth Social, launched on the App Store last night, it skyrocketed to the top of the charts. It hit number one by early Monday morning.

The Gateway Pundit reported on the mounting anticipation for the free speech platform, and the soaring stock price after the launch date was announced.

Demand for the app was so high that new users were placed on a waiting list.

The app was available shortly before midnight ET and was the top free app available on the App Store early Monday. Truth Social was automatically downloaded to Apple Inc (AAPL.O) devices belonging to users who had pre-ordered the app.

Many users reported either having trouble registering for an account or were added to a waitlist with a message: “Due to massive demand, we have placed you on our waitlist.”

Millions worldwide are tirelessly waiting to use the platform and ditch big tech!

Join the waiting list at TruthSocial.com!

To: All  (147 of 176) 
 11127.147 in reply to 11127.146 

March 1, 2022 - Can Donald Trump's Truth Social Succeed Against The Barbarians At The Gate?

"Deplatforming works. It’s why the big guys do it. There Is No True Free Market In Social Media Apps...It remains to be seen if or for how long Truth Social can remain in the favored category, or if some clearly pretextual enforcement decision arbitrarily removes them from mainstream access."

https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/22/donald-trump-has-to-build-and-protect-truth-social-with-both-hands-tied-behind-his-back/

Donald Trump Has To Build And Protect Truth Social With Both Hands Tied Behind His Back

Former President Donald Trump’s media group released its Truth Social app for download in Apple’s App Store on Sunday night. By Monday, it quickly hit number one in the App Store’s top charts. Devin Nunes, former GOP congressman and CEO of Trump Media and Technology Group, told Fox News on Sunday that the company plans to make the app fully operational by the end of March, at least in the United States. ~~~~~~~~

Parler continued to grow in sustained popularity until, in January 2021, it was collectively kneecapped by Apple, Google, and Amazon Web Service under the pretext that it didn’t do enough to moderate content on its platform in the wake of the January 6, 2021 Capitol riot. ~~~~~~~~

Parler was eventually let back into Apple’s store after Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo., sent a letter to Apple CEO Tim Cook grilling him about the unfair treatment – and after Parler agreed to make changes to its moderation terms. In the meantime, Parler remains banned by Google’s Play store. The app has only regained 4 percent of its user base.

Deplatforming works. It’s why the big guys do it. There Is No True Free Market In Social Media Apps.

So what does all this mean for Truth Social and the social media app environment writ large? Broadly, it reveals Truth Social isn’t simply competing on its merits – it’s up against app market gatekeepers and the terms they impose on entrants to their stores.

What made the de-platforming of Parler so successful was less its removal from hosting by Amazon Web Services than the blackout by Apple and Google, whose app stores represent critical entry points to the mainstream app marketplace. If you’re a social media app and you’re not in these stores, you basically don’t exist. (This is especially true of Apple, which does not allow users to sideload apps onto their phone – that is, directly download apps onto the phone outside of their store.) 

Smartphones account for nearly half of the digital traffic in the United States, a market that is almost completely dominated by Apple and Google. According to at least one study, 88 percent of the time people spend on their phones will be spent in apps, not browsers.

In other words, if you’re a social media company, you live and die by the app. And the only way you can reach users is through the app stores of Apple and Google. Without that access, small businesses cannot survive. This gives Apple and Google tremendous power to set the terms of the small businesses that are effectively forced to use their stores to access the marketplace. ~~~~~~~~

The reality of the app market is that success, for small social media companies, hinges on winning political favor with the gatekeepers. It’s tied to how well the app conforms to the speech standards that Apple and Google set. It remains to be seen if or for how long Truth Social can remain in the favored category, or if some clearly pretextual enforcement decision arbitrarily removes them from mainstream access. 

Either way, the pro-free market groups on the right will be there to justify Truth Social’s demise just as they sniffed condescendingly at its entry. “Build your own,” they say. “Shoulder the risks and put yourself out there. Be the man in the arena. We’ll be here to throw rocks at you when you do.”

To: All  (148 of 176) 
 11127.148 in reply to 11127.147 

March 8, 2022

"Unlike in Parler’s case, Apple is really the only Big Tech company that has the power to remove Truth Social from its app store..."

That is the danger. Someone will open a site on Truth Social that claims that men are not women, and the Apple app store may become so enraged that it "tries" to remove the site for peddling false and injurious information. Maybe Trump should also be building his own functional app store. I realize that is a tough one. Trump has a lot of money behind him, and hopefully people are already developing what would be needed.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/03/04/leftists-demand-big-tech-preemptively-censor-trumps-truth-social/

Leftists Demand Big Tech Preemptively Censor Trump’s Truth Social

‘The campaign by the left and the mainstream media to censor and suppress other viewpoints is a shocking threat to democracy,’ Nunes told The Federalist.

Former President Donald Trump’s Truth Social wants to make itself cancel-proof against leftist demands that Big Tech preemptively deplatform it. So far, the increasingly popular free speech platform has already survived attacks from the corporate media hellbent on smearing anything associated with Trump. Now, leftists are wielding Jan. 6 as an excuse to demand Big Tech companies such as Apple thwart Truth Social before it even becomes fully operational at the end of the month. ~~~~~~~

“Trump clearly wants to use Truth Social to rally his troops again and fire them up for another run at the White House. There’s almost no way that such a mission won’t include inciting violence in some form,” O’Brient wrote this week. “If Truth Social becomes a venue for hate-spewing and further insurrection-plotting, these big tech giants can buy themselves a lot of goodwill by honoring their credos and standing up to protect American democracy.”

While corporate media are still largely focused on downplaying the number of people abandoning propaganda sites run by the political actors in Big Tech, leaders at Truth Social know that a war on their attempt to offer a "family-friendly" social media site is coming and they are prepared to stop it in its tracks. “The campaign by the left and the mainstream media to censor and suppress other viewpoints is a shocking threat to democracy,” Devin Nunes, CEO of Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) in charge of launching Truth Social, told The Federalist. ~~~~~~~

Despite the difficulties presented by a market largely controlled by Big Tech monopolies, Truth Social built most of its platform from the ground up. Parler previously tried a similar strategy but was eventually nuked by dozens of companies who wanted the platform gone for political reasons. Unlike in Parler’s case, Apple is really the only Big Tech company that has the power to remove Truth Social from its app store and the new social media platform is already working to keep the illegal activity that censors use to justify suppression off of the platform.

While some are calling for Truth Social to be wiped off of the web, the leaders of the social media company are confident that their lack of reliance on corrupt, political actors for web services will guard them against sudden deplatforming.

“We’re building as much of our own infrastructure as possible from scratch. We won’t be relying on Big Tech firms to keep our website on the internet, and we’re partnering with companies that are fundamentally committed to free speech, such as Rumble,” Nunes said.

Big Tech is filled with political entities that have used their influence and authority to suppress narratives about Covid-19, biological sex, and political stances they dislike. During the 2020 election alone, social media oligarchs did their best to alter the election outcome in favor of now-President Joe Biden. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg was caught red-handed funneling money into poor election practices that benefit Democrats, and Twitter, aided by the corrupt corporate media, deliberately blacked out any coverage of the Hunter Biden laptop story. After the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, Facebook, Twitter, and others justified wiping Trump off of their platforms for “inciting violence” but have let actual warmongers like Russia's Vladimir Putin stay on.

To: All  (149 of 176) 
 11127.149 in reply to 11127.137 

March 9, 2022

"Rep. Vicky Hartzler, Missouri Republican, was locked out of her Senate campaign...for violating the Twitter Rules,” specifically for violating prohibitions on “hateful conduct.” Her tweet said: “Women’s Sports are for Women, not men pretending to be women.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/feb/28/vicky-hartzler-twitter-account-locked-criticizing-/

Rep. Vicky Hartzler’s account locked for tweet criticizing transgender athletes in women’s sports

Congresswoman Vicky Hartzler | Representing the 4th District of Missouri

Rep. Vicky Hartzler, Missouri Republican, was locked out of her Senate campaign account for a tweet declaring that “men pretending to be women” don’t belong in female sports.

Hartzler campaign manager Michael Hafner posted a shot Monday of the Twitter message saying that his boss’ account had been “locked for violating the Twitter Rules,” specifically for violating prohibitions on “hateful conduct.”

Her tweet said: “Women’s Sports are for Women, not men pretending to be women.”

Mr. Hafner responded by tweeting: “Height of stupidity reached today.”

Ms. Hartzler, a candidate for the Republican nomination for Senate to succeed retiring Sen. Roy Blunt, has been an outspoken critic of policies allowing male-born athletes who identify as female to compete in girls’ and women’s sports.

She used the same phrase that got her banned two weeks ago in a tweet promoting her campaign ad about Lia Thomas, the University of Pennsylvania swimmer who has smashed women’s records after competing for three years on the men’s team.

To: All  (150 of 176) 
 11127.150 in reply to 11127.20 

March 10, 2022

"This is great news for Paxton and I hope his investigation reveals how Twitter was using their platform to benefit the Democrats by silencing Trump. Because we all know that’s exactly what they were doing. Just like when they put the kibosh on the Hunter Biden bombshell."

https://therightscoop.com/breaking-texas-ag-gets-big-win-against-social-media-giant-twitter/

Texas AG gets big win against social media giant Twitter

Twitter sued Texas AG for daring to investigate them for banning President Trump from their platform.

But today the 9th Circuit threw Twitter’s case out:

Here’s more:

A federal appeals court has dismissed Twitter’s lawsuit against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, which accused him of retaliating for the social media platform’s ban of former President Donald Trump. Twitter’s procedural defeat on Wednesday allows Texas’ investigation into Twitter to proceed, though the probe may still get slapped down in the future.

Mr. Paxton launched an investigation into Twitter after it expelled Mr. Trump last year and the Texas Republican issued a civil investigative demand for information about the company’s content moderation policies. Twitter sued in response and said the demand was government retaliation for speech protected by the First Amendment.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said Wednesday that Twitter’s case was not ready for a judicial decision. The three-judge panel affirming a lower court’s ruling to toss the case noted that Mr. Paxton had not yet made an allegation against Twitter.

“While Twitter could suffer hardship from withholding court consideration, adjudicating this case now would require determining whether Twitter has violated Texas’s unfair trade practices law before [Texas’ attorney general] has a chance to complete its investigation,” wrote Judge Ryan D. Nelson in the court’s opinion.

“Any hardship to Twitter from the alleged chill of its First Amendment rights was insufficient to overcome the uncertainty of the legal issue presented in the case in its current posture,” Judge Nelson wrote.

The judges’ ruling against Twitter does not spell victory for Mr. Paxton or mean that his investigation will force Twitter to restore Mr. Trump’s access.

The court made clear that determining whether content moderation is protected speech or political censorship is at the heart of the case, and the court said that misrepresentations about content moderation policies are not constitutionally protected speech.

“If Twitter’s statements are protected commercial speech, then [the Texas attorney general’s] investigation would be unlawful if it would chill a person of ordinary firmness from speaking, and if it was caused in substantial or motivating part by Twitter’s content moderation decisions,” the judge wrote.

“But if Twitter’s statements are misleading commercial speech, and thus unprotected, then Twitter’s content moderation decisions would be a proper cause for the investigation, because they would be the very acts that make its speech misleading,” he said.

This is great news for Paxton and I hope his investigation reveals how Twitter was using their platform to benefit the Democrats by silencing Trump. Because we all know that’s exactly what they were doing. Just like when they put the kibosh on the Hunter Biden bombshell. 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 121-130 131-140 141-150 151-160 161-170 171-176
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.