Congress & the Courts -  Senate GOP vows to quash impeachment (911 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: B-17 Girl (Collinwood11) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-26 11:04 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (21 of 86) 
 118146.21 in reply to 118146.1 

Though it would delight me to see trump impeached simply because it would cause his head to explode, other than that small satisfaction, what's the point of impeachment?  The senate will not oust him the same way they didn't oust Clinton.  End result, we're still stuck with the POS.

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-26 12:42 PM 
To: Black_Beard  (22 of 86) 
 118146.22 in reply to 118146.18 

This is not a deflection although Trump wants to treat it like one.  As I said yesterday, the three previous impeachment cases were all about ugly personal behavior - this is treason and is the greatest political crisis in our history.  Just because Trump treats it the same as all the other scandals doesn't change the facts.

Reply   Options 

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-26 12:46 PM 
To: Black_Beard  (23 of 86) 
 118146.23 in reply to 118146.19 

Yes.  They have done work for Trump under a contract.  The work was completed and they asked for payment.  Trump said he'd pay 30 cents on the dollar.  The businesses told him to pay up the agreed-upon amount.  Trump said to sue him and then tied up the case in court forever.

He's done it over and over and over again.

In this case, Trump cut off aid to the Ukraine - just to show that he could.  Then he made a phone call and asked for a favor.  If you can't draw a line between those two events, you are so deep in denial that he could literally shoot someone in Times Square and get away with it because nothing would ever rise to the level of proof to you.

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-26 12:50 PM 
To: B-17 Girl (Collinwood11) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (24 of 86) 
 118146.24 in reply to 118146.21 

I'm not as sure about that as I used to be.  This is not the he said/she said we had before - there is solid evidence, some of it straight out of Trump's mouth.  His feet of clay are cracking and nobody wants to be around when he falls.  

I expect that the usual people will say the usual things in public, but they're saying vastly different things to each other in private.  There is a point where a politician will throw even Trump under the bus to avoid being dragged down with him.  A few will stay to the very end, but enough will not to reach the magic two-thirds.

From: B-17 Girl (Collinwood11) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-26 1:54 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (25 of 86) 
 118146.25 in reply to 118146.24 

I hear ya, but I'm still skeptical.  There was concrete proof that he was a POS who boasted about sexually assaulting women BEFORE he was elected yet the sheeple elected him anyways. 

I hope I'm wrong on this one and that even the leaders of the sheeple will indeed throw him under the bus if there is proof of what he's currently being accused of.

To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (26 of 86) 
 118146.26 in reply to 118146.22 

Ugly personal behavior is not is not tantamount to High Crimes and Misdemeanors. It shows a poor upbringing and in DT's case excessive narcissistic ego. But not useable for ousting a leader. Sorry. It is just reality.

To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (27 of 86) 
 118146.27 in reply to 118146.23 

"Yes.  They have done work for Trump under a contract.  The work was completed and they asked for payment.  Trump said he'd pay 30 cents on the dollar.  The businesses told him to pay up the agreed-upon amount.  Trump said to sue him and then tied up the case in court forever. He's done it over and over and over again."

That is not the same is inferring bad things will happen if you do not cooperate. That is simply contract violation and should be limited to the private businesses doing business, not involving congress.

"In this case, Trump cut off aid to the Ukraine - just to show that he could." < Quite possibly. but again an assumption with no proof as to intent.

"Then he made a phone call and asked for a favor. < Nothing illegal about that.

"If you can't draw a line between those two events, you are so deep in denial that he could literally shoot someone in Times Square and get away with it because nothing would ever rise to the level of proof to you."

I can draw a line. Tha though does not mean it is actually part of the picture. To see the picture in all of iust reality you need enough pieces of the puzzle falling into position such that there is no doubt a s to what the picture looks like. You have half a puzzle with withheld Aid on it and another half asking a favor. You have nothing that joins the two halves together. Just a belief.

I require real proof. Not desired results based on conjecture.

To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (28 of 86) 
 118146.28 in reply to 118146.6 
Black Cat (NYTSHADE) said...

He's no Senator Sam, that's for sure...

He doesn't try to be. 

Margaret Chase Smith

Joseph N. Welch

Everett M. Dirksen

John Dean

who will it be this time?

--Leslie-- Currently in New York City: Click for New York, New York Forecast

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-27 12:50 PM 
To: LB136 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (29 of 86) 
 118146.29 in reply to 118146.28 

I would love for Mittens to finally stop just being deeply offended, or whatever it is, and finally come out and say that the scoundrel must go.  He's a big enough name that the public knows him and has enough respect among his peers to be a resistance leader should he choose to do so.

It will only take one...

To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (30 of 86) 
 118146.30 in reply to 118146.29 
Black Cat (NYTSHADE) said...

I would love for Mittens to finally stop just being deeply offended, or whatever it is, and finally come out and say that the scoundrel must go.  He's a big enough name that the public knows him and has enough respect among his peers to be a resistance leader should he choose to do so.

It will only take one...

Wait for it. As does Pelosi, Mitt knows it's all in the timing.

--Leslie-- Currently in New York City: Click for New York, New York Forecast

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 ... 61-70 71-80 81-86
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.