Symptoms -  Hip trouble, falls (309 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Bigcrusher DelphiPlus Member Icon  (31 of 41) 
 1256.31 in reply to 1256.29 
Dave, I doubt there are any statistics like that. I haven't seen any. I was in such pain for so long that I didn't care. Nothing else worked, not even powerful narcotics. I was willing to try anything and did try a number of alternative things for pain. All I know is that this procedure, also called the Bowen method, worked extremely well. I was in intolerable pain and immediately after the 2 hr procedure, I was relatively free of pain. As far as I know, it is only called NST or Bowen therapy. If you find another name, let me know. I doubt though that it is the same thing as NST. Just MHO, based on my researching this. If you google, you will get the NST site which has a listing of practioners. That's how I found my therapist. Verleen

Reply   Options 

From: Bigcrusher DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/2/08 6:22 PM 
To: VerleenS  (32 of 41) 
 1256.32 in reply to 1256.31 

Hello Verleen,
Thank you for trying to help me out. I think this other woman that knows how to perform this method. But she live's in the middle, upper part of the U.S. I have been on medicines for many years now, they do keep me comfortable but it is me that over does it and then I am in pain for days. I have to learn my limits of when I should break off and finish tomorrow. I won't have this problem up Maine at all. I am just going to enjoy the wilderness and my dog's and almost forgot, Linda. I thank you for your caring, we need as much caring we can get.

Dave......................................

From: Sally (SARABOWLDEN) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/3/08 2:02 AM 
To: Bigcrusher DelphiPlus Member Icon  (33 of 41) 
 1256.33 in reply to 1256.32 
Dave, we had a couple of practioners at the hospital of something they called "The Healing Touch" http://www.healingtouchprogram.com/ I can't speak from my own experience, but I had many seriously and painfilly ill patients benefit greatly from it. It might be a variation of the Bowen technique.

To: Sally (SARABOWLDEN) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (34 of 41) 
 1256.34 in reply to 1256.33 
Sally, I had the Healing Touch done too. It didn't help me at all, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't help someone else. It is NOTHING like NST in any way. Verleen

From: Bigcrusher DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/3/08 6:35 PM 
To: Sally (SARABOWLDEN) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (35 of 41) 
 1256.35 in reply to 1256.33 

Hi Sally,
Faith used to know this certain way to get rid of the pain, not for a long-long time. Just enough to get a break from the pain that I have. It starts with the letter L' I will write to her and ask what the treatment word is, I now it is to do with the movement of a person's hand's over your body. At the time it worked but slowly the pain came back. I will let you know when I find out.

Dave.....................................

To: Bigcrusher DelphiPlus Member Icon  (36 of 41) 
 1256.36 in reply to 1256.35 
Gosh, I am confused here. It seems that you all are focusing on a short term pain relief. Maybe I am misunderstanding all this. I found a long term pain relief method with NST, but it seems to be met with resistance. I don't understand why. ???? Perhaps I don't understand the culture and group dynamics of this forum. I am someone who likes to help people. I also like to help myself and I am not content bitching and moaning over all that's wrong. I try to find solutions that work and keep me functional, happy and pain free. Verleen

From: Bigcrusher DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/27/08 6:52 PM 
To: Barb62064  (37 of 41) 
 1256.37 in reply to 1256.30 
Hi Barb,
Have a question for you, because my instruments on the forum might be different than a member's. When you click on a name that is in the box for you to talk to, is there a little box, inside the name box with another little box on the right hand side with a triangle on it? If it is, you can click on the triangle box and all the member's name's come up and you can change the name you want the message to go to to keep everything in a thread. I can't come in and do it because like I stated I might have different tool's than the member's do. Thanks..........................Dave.........................

To: Bigcrusher DelphiPlus Member Icon  (38 of 41) 
 1256.38 in reply to 1256.37 

Hi Dave,

When I click on your name, I get your personal information only. However, after clicking on reply, there is a down arrow next to your name which has a dropdown list of members who have posted, and any of those names can be substituted in the "TO:" box. Is that what you mean?

Barb

From: Bigcrusher DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/29/08 2:07 PM 
To: Barb62064  (39 of 41) 
 1256.39 in reply to 1256.38 

Hi Barb,
Yup-Yup You got it now, you can start another thread anytime you want to a different member.

Dave.................................................

To: Sally (SARABOWLDEN) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (40 of 41) 
 1256.40 in reply to 1256.1 

Sally,

Wow, I know it has been a while now, but I hope the THA went well!! More and more surgeons are embracing the "minimally invasive" hip replacement, which, not to be too sardonic, doesn't quite exist yet but you know what I mean. In this technique they tend to move around muscle and other structures as through, as it was hopefully communicated to you in the pre-op "briefing."

Aaanyway, it's not so much for you in this exact case, as I'm sure you've progressed beyond the need for an assistive device (at least for this reason :p), but if you happen to return here or for anyone else paying attention, there are plenty of resources for post-op weight bearing tips and tricks. As a veteran of the PT field I have always found aftercare resources to be left wanting - patients would come to us saying "uhhh, can I walk now, with what device, and how?"

Anyway anyway, my favorite resource so far as it regards the proper selection and use of assistive devices, i.e. walking with a walker, crutches, or cane, etc, is https://www.straightgaitsupply.com/walker-guide/ (this URL points to their walker guide). I hope it helps you or anyone else who finds this as it has helped me.

Best wishes,

Timo

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.