Games -  Did you know (2552 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon  (21 of 499) 
 1278.21 in reply to 1278.18 

Indeed it is good news.  All my "troubles" will become a non-entity in my past.  Thank God for that.

To: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon  (22 of 499) 
 1278.22 in reply to 1278.19 

I still think the new PM format is a work in progress.  Did you go to the Members Forum to see if anybody griped about it?

From: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/25/18 11:41 AM 
To: Dave (Newman111107)  (23 of 499) 
 1278.23 in reply to 1278.19 

Here is my post at Member Services . . . http://forums.delphiforums.com/service/messages?msg=53566.1

I didn't spend time to see if anyone else had complained.  I may be the only one, but I don't waste time doing that (LOLOL).  I think it will all work out, but oh my, we need a button to do a "mass" delete instead of having to go to each member and delete from within.  I've got PM's back to 2002 - that's going to be a job if they don't come up with a fix.  My PM's are not coming up as Gunter said they should -- my newest ones are at the bottom of the pile; however, I must first find the person who sent it because almost al my members show NEW POSTS.  Geesh!  None of them are new except from the person sending today!

I hope you found my email addy as I'd like to take it off the boards.

me

From: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/25/18 11:56 AM 
To: Dave (Newman111107)  (24 of 499) 
 1278.24 in reply to 1278.8 

Very interesting Dave.  Thanks for sharing.  Have you seen my story about my refueling mission with the Air National Guard when I worked at the Federal Aviation Administration?  What an experience!  I even got to get down in the boom with the boomer (smile).

To: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon  (25 of 499) 
 1278.25 in reply to 1278.24 

Now THAT'S new.  You worked for the FAA?!  Wow!

From: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/25/18 12:50 PM 
To: Dave (Newman111107)  (26 of 499) 
 1278.26 in reply to 1278.25 

Oh yes -- 15 years.  I began as a secretary at the Air Route Traffic Control in Olathe, KS.  I worked in the Personnel Office then was promoted to secretary for the Center Chief in the Air Traffic end.  Then I went into Administrative Officer, and from there took a promotion to the Regional Office, downtown Kansas City.  I loved my time with the FAA for the most part.  I ended up in an upward mobility program as a technical writer editor for the Aircraft Certification, Small Airplane Directorate.  Worked there for a number of years before taking an early retirement.  My husband, also Dave,  is 10 years older than me and he retired and I did too.  We never looked back wishing we'd stayed working and have enjoyed retirement.  That was 23 years ago - geesh - where does the time go.

My brother was an air traffic controller going in shortly after the 1981 strike by controllers.  Going through the strike was an experience.

As for my refueling mission -- I went on a KC135 Stratotanker and refueled a B-52 bomber down over Tinker AFB in Oklahoma.  It was an experience of a lifetime for me.  About a month after that, members of the Guard Unit (called the Coyotes), came to the Center and had quite a presentation for me.  They made me an honorary member of their unit; gave me a jumpsuit with a leather name patch on the pocket; and a Kansas Coyotes hat to boot.  It was quite a ceremony.  FAA was good to me for the most part -- until sexual harrassment came to light.   Yes, it happened to me and held my back from a promotion for 3 years.  I could have filed a grievance re: it, but never did.  I'm not really a fighter - but I would be for some things now (wink).

The man involved was the best friend of the division manager so naturally things were seen, but nothing done about it.  When he hit on me by coming up behind me at the copy machine and touching my behind, I let him have it.  Well, that prevented my getting a promotion for 3 years.  During a summer, there was a meeting at a resort at Lake of the Ozarks on this subject.  Only higher level supervisors were in attendance.  It was for managers from all agencies, so not only was my husband there because he was with Agriculture, but so was my head boss at FAA.  Dave and Barry knew each other.  Dave said Barry squirmed that entire week and when the instructor said that if a managers is aware of sexual harrassment in their workplace, they are as guilty as the person doing it.  So what -- the following Monday, Barry had a closed door session (all morning, mind you) with the harrasser and my immediate supervisor.  At noon I was called in and told I was being promoted.

It's too bad I did not get that promotion sooner because when retiring in the government, retirement is based on your high 3.  It would have been a GS-12.  I did leave at a GS-11 level, which isn't all too bad.  I've often wondered how the harasser ended up as he had a "dolly" in every port.  It was sickening!   Couldn't resist the sig below.  I don't look like that - yet anyway!

From: Franki 7775 (franki7775) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/29/18 3:39 AM 
To: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon  (27 of 499) 
 1278.27 in reply to 1278.5 

Did You Know.

83% of teens cite their parents as the leading influence in their decisions not to drink. (Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility)

7775 Complete Perfection Through Grace 7775

Teen Matters Believers of the Revealed Word

Twitter: @franki7775 Google Plus  Voice Of God Recordings

Instagram Photos Facebook blog: Ricado Frank being himself  Facebook Profile

1 John 1:5

King James Bible
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all

Reply   Options 

From: Franki 7775 (franki7775) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/29/18 3:40 AM 
To: Dave (Newman111107)  (28 of 499) 
 1278.28 in reply to 1278.6 

Did you know. 

65% of high school students and college students get money to shop from their parents. Compared to 27% who use their own money from a job. (StageofLife.com)

King James Bible
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all

From: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/29/18 10:40 AM 
To: Franki 7775 (franki7775) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (29 of 499) 
 1278.29 in reply to 1278.27 

Did you know that there are seven colors in the rainbow:  red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.  This is the most use number in the Bible too.  Smile -- I do think you did already know that though, about 7!

From: Franki 7775 (franki7775) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/31/18 4:36 AM 
To: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon  (30 of 499) 
 1278.30 in reply to 1278.29 

Did you know that nearly 60 percent of bullying situations end when a peer intervenes?

You can take action by telling the student being bullied they are not alone, inviting them to join you in an activity, or helping them tell someone.

King James Bible

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 ... 471-480 481-490 491-499
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.