Other Countries -  St. Vincent To Issue Sexy Stamps (1784 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Lloyd (LLOYDSTAMPS) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 36) 
 15262.8 in reply to 15262.6 
>It's too bad they didn't think of holding an announcement-related ceremony at a major stamp show (we are, after all, dealing with more or less bonifide postage stamps). If you would like, you can either contact the issuers and let them know that CHICAGOPEX would be more than willing to give them some space this weekend for an announcement (after all, St. Vincent & the Grenadines is in the Caribbean, and CHICAGOPEX is hosting the annual convention of the British Caribbean Philatelic Society), or you can always give a call to the office of my Democratic State Central Committeeman, William Marovitz (husband of Playboy publisher Christie Hefner), at 312/595-1400, and ask him about it.

>Best wishes,
>RANDALL SHERMAN
>Publicity Chairman, CHICAGOPEX 2003

Reply   Options 

From: John (coilz) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/19/03 7:12 PM 
To: Lloyd (LLOYDSTAMPS) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 36) 
 15262.9 in reply to 15262.2 

But daddy, there are only girls on the stamps.

You said that there'd be BUNNIES!   ;o)

John Cropper, Owner & Webmaster

C3 Cachets
APS #198371, Member Writers Unit #30
PNC3 #1460, Publicity & Publications Advisory Chairman
HCPS Digital and Print Media Editor
BGCC Digital and Print Media Editor

From: John (coilz) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/19/03 7:15 PM 
To: compexman  (10 of 36) 
 15262.10 in reply to 15262.8 

You're just bucking to get a few playmates for Chicagopex, aren't you.  :o)

Wouldn't you have better luck getting a playmate on such short notice by calling Mayor Daley's office? 

[ducking]

C3 Cachets

To: compexman  (11 of 36) 
 15262.11 in reply to 15262.8 
Playboy was founded in Chicago, and I believe there is a street named "Hugh Hefner Way," right? Seems to me it would be natural to release the stamps at Chicagopex. And your job as publicity chairman would be made much easier, what with all the media attention such an issue would bring.

To: Lloyd (LLOYDSTAMPS) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (12 of 36) 
 15262.12 in reply to 15262.6 
These stamps will be in a sheetlet of 6 stamps and have a face value of $3.42. I will have these sheets available as a stock item for sure. I may even get some covers canceled on the first day.

To: John (coilz) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (13 of 36) 
 15262.13 in reply to 15262.10 
>Calling Mayor Daley wouldn't go much good, given the fact that at this moment he and his wife are on a flight to India to visit their daughter (who there as an exchange student).

From: John (coilz) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/20/03 3:50 PM 
To: compexman  (14 of 36) 
 15262.14 in reply to 15262.13 
What are they exchanging her for?  :o)

C3 Cachets

From: Charles (pcmspsn) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/20/03 5:08 PM 
To: Lloyd (LLOYDSTAMPS) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (15 of 36) 
 15262.15 in reply to 15262.1 
As a commonwealth nation (an exaggeration, indeed, given the size of the islands) St. Vincent should be aware of a very important precedent.

Somehow, it is reputed, a number of very early Bolivian stamps came into the possession of Queen Victoria who was not amused at certain elements on the stamps that she found insulting in the light of British interests in Chile. She summonsed the then prime minister (feasible at the time) and demanded an explanation. He was somewhat speechless at which she snapped. "Bring me my spectacles" He did. Then, "Bring me my globe". He complied. Then, "Bring me my pen." He did so. Then peering at the globe she asked in imperious tones: "Where is Bolivia?" The prime minister dutifully pointed out its location whereupon with two strokes of the pen she crossed out Bolivia thundering: "Bolivia no longer exists!" Indeed, for some twenty years Bolivia was a no go area for the British Empire. (As soon as they had tin in enormous quantities, of course, the dreadful Bolivian lese majeste was forgotten).

So St. Vincent had better watch out and take fright of the pen of her descendant Elizabeth II (of England and Wales and associated islands etc) and Elizabeth I of Scotland.

From: Lloyd (LLOYDSTAMPS) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/20/03 6:43 PM 
To: Charles (pcmspsn) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (16 of 36) 
 15262.16 in reply to 15262.15 
I would think St. Vincent is safe as long as Grandma doesn't catch Harry or Wills with a copy of the magazine, and it's probably too late for that by now anyway. Besides, there's always Page Six in London's tabloids...

From: Charles (pcmspsn) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/20/03 9:40 PM 
To: Lloyd (LLOYDSTAMPS) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (17 of 36) 
 15262.17 in reply to 15262.16 
Lloyd!
Please the St Vinnie girls are not that far back. They are on page two (at least as far as Rupert Murdoch is concerned).
All the best,
Charles

Navigate this discussion: 1-7 8-17 18-27 28-36
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.