Living it! -  A message for Non-Pagans (276 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe
Message 51 of 71 was Deleted  

What part of MEOW do you not understand?

To: Guest  (52 of 71) 
 2332.52 in reply to 2332.51 
Enough said.

Click HEREee CJ!

Reply   Options 

Messages 53 through 54 of 71 were Deleted  

To: Guest  (55 of 71) 
 2332.55 in reply to 2332.53 
I'm gonna say this, and this will be my last posting on the subject. I dont intend it to offend or hurt anyone, but for once in my life, I feel the need to speak out. I personally don't think the non-Pagan community are idiots. They are not stupid, they have the capability of reading a post and understanding it. The SAME comments you find offensive were also posted in a Non-Pagan forum, and guess what? They thought it was funny, they got the joke. So not only do they realize that pagans don't sacrifice people, but they are also fun-loving caring people. Astarte's post and was accurate and well written. Anyone finding offense at it and posts following chooses to be offended, and there are some people who love stirring things up. Those who read this thread, and still think Pagans sacrifice people, and are hideous devil worshipping individuals, will not change their mind just because we claim not to do such things. Those who read this thread with the express intention of learning will get the point, and later if they choose to read further, will get the joke. Makes us a little more human, instead of fanatical devil-worshippers.

Edited 10/4/2000 7:56:09 PM ET by MAGIKCAT

To: Guest  (56 of 71) 
 2332.56 in reply to 2332.54 
I believe he was referring to Ellen Reed who had a different opinion than his, not you -- a difference they discussed and agreed to disagree, and actually learned something from it. I feel I know CZ better than anyone here, and I can honestly say that I've never heard him say anything out of anger, even when he had the right to do so. The same cannot be said for myself.

Click HEREee CJ!

To: Guest  (57 of 71) 
 2332.57 in reply to 2332.54 
It seems that your cut-and-paste opperation may be losing information, I'm sure what you had intended to quote was the following statement that I had made...

" . . . As I see it, if I and the one person who's opinion differs most (sorry, I forgot your name), can debate definitions, and leave saying "ohhh, ok, I hadn't thought of that definition before, or it's common use, thanks for the insight" . . . "

I could not recall the name of the person I was talking to in reference of that statement due to being in middle of composing a reply, but after looking back through the thread I see that the name I forgot at the time was Ellen Reed...

Me, speaking in anger? That's a novel concept, honestly, I've been avoiding ever speaking in anger for so long that I'm not certain that I recall how to do so... Sarcasm on occassion, perhaps, but never anger. Anger is a weakness, lack of control in reguards to the self... Not to suggest that I am infallable, far from it (especialy spelling and grammar), but I do have control over my own emotions in the same genre as "anger"...

I suppose what I least realize, was that some believe all non pagans to be incapable of having enough intellect to figure out such simple things as the uses of a word such as "sacrifice", whether it is used in reference to "sacrifice" such as "sacrifices for love, family, etc", or "Live Sacrifice" such as to kill (usualy occuring from psychopathic tendancies who claim a religious title as scapegoat for their own behaviour... (So when does this constitute "Advanced metaphysics"? )

Not angry, just currious...

Love to all,
CZ

The Forum About Forums
Click Here
& tell me about your favorite forums!

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (58 of 71) 
 2332.58 in reply to 2332.1 
Hi,

--Most of us are former Christians--

Really, I find that interesting that most are former Christians. Might I ask what the main reason is that you left the church and sought out this?
Galeed,the Kneeling Knight

To: Galeed unread  (59 of 71) 
 2332.59 in reply to 2332.58 
Really, I find that interesting that most are former Christians. Might I ask what the main reason is that you left the church and sought out this?

Speaking stricly for myself, christianity was all that was "there" so to speak. My granparents were ministers so I went to church as a child, attended catholic school, and even in public school it was part of the curriculum, prayers and whatnot.

I never felt right. I left the church very young and by 14 I'd just stopped trying to fit in.

It was painless, my mother knew, my grandmothers knew, hell they *should* have known, it came from them.

I've been out of the broomcloset forever,(if I was ever really *in), so it's no big deal.

There is always room for one more on the Love Seat...
Original art: "Loveless" by Brom
Come join us on Love Seat where love thrives.
There's *always* room for one more.
-->Add To The Love In Power List<--
ChocoVampWitchySisters
Mixed Bag
*Wizard's* Help
Netiquette Boot Camp
-->Promote Your Forum Here!<--

To: Galeed  (60 of 71) 
 2332.60 in reply to 2332.58 
We grew up...

It seems that those who find the books that were "edited out" of the KJV, studied what was going on in the world in the days of J.C. and before then, had discovered what most Christians are afraid of discovering, such things as J.C.'s stint with Gnosticism and Kabballah, about how "The forbidden fruit" was realy the knowledge that could be learned of "The Tree of Life"...

Quite simply, you could say that many "Pagans" have tasted the forbidden fruit, and have learned what the authors of "The bible" were trying to hide with "blind faith"... (It's not called "blind" faith without reason...

To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS)  (61 of 71) 
 2332.61 in reply to 2332.60 
--edited out" of the KJV,studied what was going on in the world in the days of J.C. and before then, had discovered what most Christians are afraid of discovering, such things as J.C.'s stint with Gnosticism and Kabballah, about how "The forbidden fruit" was realy the knowledge that could be learned of "The Tree of Life"---

What books are you refering to that were edited out from the Bible? I have seen the Gnostic gospels and their origin is questionable. Ive seen the dead sea scrolls and some of these others. Somes are very questionable, as to their origin or who write them, others say nothing interesting.

No idea what you mean by what was going on in the days of Jesus. As to wether the forbidden fruit was a literal apple, we dont know. Does it matter? As to Blind faith. I dont know who came up with that phrase. Its not in the Bible. Granted that Faith is the substance of things not seen, but that doesnt mean you have to believe things blindly

Galeed, The Kneeling Knight

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51-60 61-70 71
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.