Living it! -  A message for Non-Pagans (282 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Chaos Zen&#174 (KYCHAOS)  (61 of 71) 
 2332.61 in reply to 2332.60 
--edited out" of the KJV,studied what was going on in the world in the days of J.C. and before then, had discovered what most Christians are afraid of discovering, such things as J.C.'s stint with Gnosticism and Kabballah, about how "The forbidden fruit" was realy the knowledge that could be learned of "The Tree of Life"---

What books are you refering to that were edited out from the Bible? I have seen the Gnostic gospels and their origin is questionable. Ive seen the dead sea scrolls and some of these others. Somes are very questionable, as to their origin or who write them, others say nothing interesting.

No idea what you mean by what was going on in the days of Jesus. As to wether the forbidden fruit was a literal apple, we dont know. Does it matter? As to Blind faith. I dont know who came up with that phrase. Its not in the Bible. Granted that Faith is the substance of things not seen, but that doesnt mean you have to believe things blindly

Galeed, The Kneeling Knight

Reply   Options 

From: Tree in NC (CAROLINATREE) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/9/00 10:02 PM 
To: Galeed unread  (62 of 71) 
 2332.62 in reply to 2332.61 
***bites her own tongue till bleeding***wonders if that qualifies as pagan blood sacrifice*****

To: Tree in NC (CAROLINATREE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (63 of 71) 
 2332.63 in reply to 2332.62 
***bites her own tongue till bleeding***wonders if that qualifies as pagan blood sacrifice*****

You should use ice on that. :)
Galeed, The Kneeling Knight

To: Galeed  (64 of 71) 
 2332.64 in reply to 2332.61 
" . . .I have seen the Gnostic gospels and their origin is
questionable. . . . "

The same can be said for the many versions of "The Bible".

" . . . Ive seen the dead sea scrolls and some of these others. . . "

Funny that we both have seen them, yet you refuse to acknowledge what they say... Unless of course you mean that you simple say the crumply parchments called "The Dead Sea Scrolls" but have no real idea what the scribblings on them are...
Can you even read Aramaic? (If so, tell me exactly what the aramaic in my signature says)

" . . . No idea what you mean by what was going on in the days of Jesus. . . "

That is self evident when viewing your messages...

" . . As to Blind faith. I dont know who came up with that phrase. Its not in the Bible. Granted that Faith is the substance of things not seen, but that doesnt mean you have to believe things blindly . . . "

First of all, The Bible and Webster's Dictionary are not to sole sources of modern language... "Blind Faith" means refusing to aknowledge or the avoidance of "fact", evidence and reasoning...

To: Galeed  (65 of 71) 
 2332.65 in reply to 2332.58 
I'm not a former Christian. I was raised a hippy child :)

My grandparents on both sides are Catholic, but my parents are so "non" that when my mom's folks took my 6-year-old brother and I to their church for the first time, as soon as the priest walked out my brother yelled, "Grandma!! Who's that guy in the dress?"

Just my 2 cents...

To: Elizabeth Y (LizaYada)  (66 of 71) 
 2332.66 in reply to 2332.65 
LOL kids gotta love 'em...LOL

To: Elizabeth Y (LizaYada)  (67 of 71) 
 2332.67 in reply to 2332.65 
:)

Yes, many preist and such do wear funny clothes. I have a joke

Myron's mother was very hard to please, but one year he thought hard and finally came up with a truly inspired birthday present: a pricey parrot that spoke six languages. He arranged to have the bird delivered to her apartment a few hours before he was to arrive for the birthday dinner. "So, Mom. Did you get my present?" he asked. "Yes, Myron, I did. And I must say, it cooked up very nicely." "You didn't cook it!" Myron gasped. "That bird cost me $1,500. And it spoke English, Portuguese, Mandarin, Urdu, Arabic and Russian!" "Now Myron," the old woman chided, "if it really spoke all those languages, why didn't it say something?"
Galeed,the Kneeling Knight

From: railman (RAILMAN6) DelphiPlus Member Icon7/5/01 1:03 PM 
To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (68 of 71) 
 2332.68 in reply to 2332.3 
hello astarte---my name is george,44 from ny...just courious,thought i would look around. is that ok??? :) @)---)-----
GEORGE

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon7/5/01 1:56 PM 
To: railman (RAILMAN6) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (69 of 71) 
 2332.69 in reply to 2332.68 
Sure!

Greetings and Welcome George-- look around all you want!

And when you are ready-- post a "hello" in the greetings folder so everyone can say Hi to you!

Edited 4/19/2003 2:05:51 PM ET by Tarty (RAVENGIL)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (70 of 71) 
 2332.70 in reply to 2332.1 
The yahoo site was down and i would like your guidance and teaching. Something pulled me to your site and I trusted the face i saw when I looked at you. It takes me some time before I trust, but something told me you could teach me. Would you send me some intructions for a new beginner who does not know just what she wants but knows it has something to to with your presence.?

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 41-50 51-60 61-70 71
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.