Bible Topics & Bible Studies -  Tongues...Do you? Should You? (916 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: but you may call me (FLIPPERWALDT) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/19/18 5:12 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (11 of 27) 
 37985.11 in reply to 37985.10 
Thank you. What does it mean?

Reply   Options 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/20/18 1:59 PM 
To: but you may call me (FLIPPERWALDT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (12 of 27) 
 37985.12 in reply to 37985.11 
Thank you. What does it mean?
bob>It means "glad your here, send me money" that's the way I interpret it, what do you say?

From: but you may call me (FLIPPERWALDT) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/20/18 2:02 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (13 of 27) 
 37985.13 in reply to 37985.12 

I say of course. Your reward shall be in heaven, so I've sent the check there.

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (14 of 27) 
 37985.14 in reply to 37985.1 

First it shows that the people doing so and their teachers are babes, not mature men, so the pastors are ... not really good teachersteachers.

Hebrews 5:13 - 6:2  13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.  14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. {of full age: or, perfect} {use: or, an habit, or, perfection} KJV Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,  2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/22/18 2:04 PM 
To: but you may call me (FLIPPERWALDT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (15 of 27) 
 37985.15 in reply to 37985.13 

bob>Oh, thanks, perhaps they will forward it on to me, thanks

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/22/18 2:05 PM 
To: anotherpaul DelphiPlus Member Icon  (16 of 27) 
 37985.16 in reply to 37985.14 

First it shows that the people doing so and their teachers are babes, not mature men, so the pastors are ... not really good teachersteachers.

Hebrews 5:13 - 6:2  13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.  14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. {of full age: or, perfect} {use: or, an habit, or, perfection} KJV Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,  2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

bob>Yes, but mild is what many want and we all need that to start with, but we should be wanting to grow at some point. 

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/22/18 2:22 PM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (17 of 27) 
 37985.17 in reply to 37985.15 

Ginger>bwahaha 

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/23/18 10:43 AM 
To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (18 of 27) 
 37985.18 in reply to 37985.17 

Ginger>bwahaha 

bob>It wasn't with the mail today, I'll keep checking. 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (19 of 27) 
 37985.19 in reply to 37985.18 

Speaking in tongues is an ancient practice by historical standards today, but it is likely it occurred as soon as man learned to speak and use the language centers of his brain to escalate feelings of euphoria and happiness that broke the bounds of normal comment.  It is almost always a social phenomenon, as it is useless for those who use the condition to speak alone and to themselves.  The Quakers used it emphatically, and took it such extremes they became ill quite often with constant practice.

Now I could tell you the medical reactions within the body and you would probably be angry at me, but when an incident of tongues arrive, it restructures the stomach and esophagus and places great strain in digestive tracts whenever it is done.  In fact internal bleeding (slightly from the pancreas) can result (hardly fatal but annoying) and the lymphatic systems (the glands that transport chemicals and emotions for body reactions to strong intellectual use of language and priority uses of the brain which must more or less detach from one speaking in tongues.)   The lymphatic system removes any sense to the mind and what it hears is a glossary of parts of words and sentences stored in the sub conscious mind.  That said, there is a distinct disturbance in the human spirit centers which should be retrained to have them speak normally and profess what was learned during the trance-like conditions entered into willingly that results in tongues.  If no human will is open to transcribing tongues it will not happen,

I think we have to re-translate the Greek word they were using that they translated as tongues.  The Bible itself records the act of speaking in tongues as of being two kinds, so one must be careful to know what context the Scripture is speaking to when the translation is using just the word "tongues."

Here is an explanation about tongues from a web site about the Bible:

Speaking in tongues means speaking in a way or in a language that is not normally understood by the speaker or the listeners. The bible mentions two types of speaking in tongues:

On the day of Pentecost Jesus' apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other tongues. Those who heard this speech each heard it in his own language, even though they were from many different countries (Acts 2:1-13). Even though the apostles were speaking in an unknown language, the listeners were able to understand, each in his own language. There is no other mention of this type of speaking in tongues in the Bible.

Speaking in an ecstatic language was common among members of the early Christian churches, but no one could understand this form of speaking in tongues (1 Corinthians 14:2). Sometimes the speaker or another person would interpret the meaning.

Both cases were the work of the Holy Spirit. The apostle Paul classified speaking in tongues as just one of the spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:6-11, Romans 12:6-8). Paul was thankful for his own gift of speaking in tongues (1 Corinthians 14:18-19). But Paul told his churches that it was better practiced in private than in church, unless someone could interpret the ecstatic speech (1 Corinthians 14:23, 27-28). The gift of speaking in tongues was less important than the gifts of prophecy (1 Corinthians 14:2-5) and love (1 Corinthians 13:1). Nevertheless, speaking in tongues should not be forbidden (1 Corinthians 14:39).

Several other New Testament passages point to speaking in tongues as evidence of the working of the Holy Spirit (Mark 16:17, Acts 10:44-46, Acts 19:4-6) -

See: http://www.christianbiblereference.org/faq_tongues.htm

However, when the Apostles came to the experience, Michael of Nebadon indicates that Mother Spirit (the Holy Spirit) used their teachings being spoken aloud to influence the spirit within those listening.  The internal spirit indwelling can bring the mind to listen to the constant communication of the indwelling, and when it plays to the mind, speech is heard in the native language of the person hearing another speak.  To have this make sense, remember your experiences with music that you really like to listen to and how it can transport the mind to a happier time.  The combination of having the capacity to speak tongues and to hear it played back through one;s own speech centers can equate to an euphoria that is not psychologically understood ever today.

And this: I am quite sure to my own mind that Glossolalia is not what the Apostles were speaking on the day of Pentecost..  They spoke through the equivalent of the Harp of God which requires an explanation.  

Let me explain that terms for it is a better term than glossolalia which most people never heard of and can hardly spell.  The Harp of God is a mind mechanism in the speech centers of the brain-mind.  I am quite familiar with this device as I use it to my advantage all the time.  It allows the mind to focus on speech without asking for acknowledgment of who is speaking through the self as a person, for instance, that allows one to speak in tongues, and when found and trained by a quite mind,  the Harp of God can eventuate into channel.  The term channel is so subjective I won’t touch it here, but in general,  I mean a person can obtains capacity to receive a message of God through the human voice organized as making-sense of tongues in good English (or other) syntax, when allowing tongues to be transported through a relaxed mind system that is the Voice of God.  Such a use of the Voice of God is not prophetic but mundane for one’s own growth understanding.  These mind mechanism were known by the Greeks and the Oracles in one case, and in another case, Paul himself tried the capacity after Pentecost he found  seeking Voice of God more than once and spoke prophetically.  It depends greatly on one’s own attitude to the worth of such learning.

Glossolalia is the making of sounds other than by tongues and was used by the Holy Spirit to make the Appostles available to collection students from many countries to learn about Christianity and the person who died so recently on the cross.  Saint Paul could and did speak to many nationalities in their language easily and was understood in the native languages of Latin and Greek and Aramaic as he already knew them by heart.  Insofar as I know, Mother Spirit has not released the Glossolalia  code to anyone after Paul had extreme use for the gift.  Jesus in heaven did not support the use of Glossolalia for the extension of Christianity, and the reason reported to me on this issue from my capacity to use the Harp of God, is that Jesus felt the lay could not handle the pressure of learning what Paul had to learn to handle multiple language tracts to teach the four Gospels to the heathens of Tyre and Jerusalem.**  

(** Note: when Jesus died, his brothers Jude and James inherited the church center, really a C
...[Message truncated]

To: Ron Besser (RonBesser)  (20 of 27) 
 37985.20 in reply to 37985.19 

Glossiala is an excuse to get around that the Biblical gift of tongues that does not exist today. No need for it.

It was not evidence for believers, but for them to teach unbelievers who did not speak their native language.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-27
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.