Making A Difference -  Charitable Gifts and Heartfelt Giving (517 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Cstar1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-6 8:36 AM 
To: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (11 of 40) 
 3949.11 in reply to 3949.10 

One of our Live Stories helped me figure out what to give my family for Christmas this year. 

The last few years, we've been giving each other more charitable donations, rather than "stuff". 

So this year, here's mine:

https://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions.aspx

Everyone gets a different animal.

Tell a story. Tell it live. 

What's your passion? Science? Art? Family? Build your own forum in seconds!

From: SA (silentarbor) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-6 12:57 PM 
To: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (12 of 40) 
 3949.12 in reply to 3949.8 

You're very welcome!  I'm so glad none of the reindeer have ended up in shelters!  We love our furkids....

Those elves aren't being naughty, stealing the elf robes, now are they?  They're just cold.  I hope our recipients love the lap robes and afghans...It's my pleasure to make them.  Maybe I need to send a few of these to the North Pole?  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/546765210995081599/  

To: Gladys (GMF) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (13 of 40) 
 3949.13 in reply to 3949.9 

Wounded Warriers had some problems, but they seem to have turned the charity around.  https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12842

Here is a link directly to the charity:   https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

From: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-6 4:23 PM 
To: Gladys (GMF) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (14 of 40) 
 3949.14 in reply to 3949.10 

Ha!  The computer savvy tech elf has already picked up all the tricks from Holly and Snowflake...he's hiding in the kitchen hoping to snatch a cookie from Mrs C instead of working on my computer.  He better get busy, we need our graphics in place for the trip!  Or I might end up parked on top of the Eiffel Tower like Rudolph talked me into one year.

I hope all charities receive the funding they need to complete their missions.  So many needy people, so much work for charities to do!

From: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-6 4:25 PM 
To: Cstar1 DelphiPlus Member Icon  unread  (15 of 40) 
 3949.15 in reply to 3949.11 

What a wonderful link, CStar1...full of new and exciting charities and ideas for gift giving this season.  I must tell Rudolph, Dancer and Blitzen about this, they all would love to adopt a friend!  

From: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-6 4:27 PM 
To: SA (silentarbor) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (16 of 40) 
 3949.16 in reply to 3949.12 

Well, the elves could at least let her make one for me, right?  

You're probably right, they are cold.  

Ho! Ho! Ho!

From: SA (silentarbor) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-6 5:01 PM 
To: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (17 of 40) 
 3949.17 in reply to 3949.16 

I agree.  Maybe Mrs. Claus will have to attach a lump of coal to one of the four corners of your afghan just to warn the wee elves away.

From: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-6 7:24 PM 
To: SA (silentarbor) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (18 of 40) 
 3949.18 in reply to 3949.17 

The elves grind coal down to a powder, mix it with magical things and use it to shine their boots.  But it might work if the coal piece is big enough!

From: SA (silentarbor) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-6 7:33 PM 
To: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (19 of 40) 
 3949.19 in reply to 3949.18 

Those elves are busy little people, aren't they!  I know they must be since they work so hard in the Toyshop.  I wondered how they shined all the boots so well.

To: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (20 of 40) 
 3949.20 in reply to 3949.18 

Santa, I know it's Christmas when I get out of my car at the local Walmart or mall and I hear the Salvation Army bell ringer!  Some of those ringers are paid for that service and many are volunteers and I know they freeze as they ring to collect for the work the group does.

CATS

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.