Morality, Life & Social Issues -  Boy Scouts Of America Going Away? (339 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (11 of 19) 
 39655.11 in reply to 39655.1 

Odds are the Troops effected were associated with the catholic church.

Reply   Options 

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-11 3:32 PM 
To: Butchking  (12 of 19) 
 39655.12 in reply to 39655.8 

I was never married but if I was and had a son that wanted to become a female, I'd take him out behind the woodshed and we'd have a come to Jesus meeting, before anyone got a chance to lock him up in a looney bin. I had never even heard of such nonsense, until not to  long ago.

Ginger>lol. It is nonsense. It starts when they are little and the mother endorsed it. Have you ever seen the reality TV show "I am Jazz"?  It's about a teen boy who has transgendered into a female. His mother pushed it when he was little and his wimpy father went along with it. All very disgusting and sad to watch. 

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (13 of 19) 
 39655.13 in reply to 39655.12 

I don't watch much on TV, mostly several Christian programs and a few sporting events and that's pretty much it. The news and even Fox have a tendency to want to steal my joy away, since most everything seems to be of a depressing nature. There used to be much more to watch, of a higher and more wholesome caliber, but, little by little those two traits were chipped away at, and the way it is today, I'm probably not to far away from just giving the thing away.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-12 8:56 AM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (14 of 19) 
 39655.14 in reply to 39655.10 

How are we going to handle all the claims and accusations among the religious communities, Protestant and Catholic as well as others?  Are they any less egregious than the Boy Scouts?

bob>Some religion are like the BSA, the Catholics for example. Most Christian religions are not. Both the BSA and the Catholic churches have knowingly allowed gay men in as leaders and had control and power over the boys. You can't put other Christian religions in that group. 

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-12 8:58 AM 
To: Vector (GPL89034) unread  (15 of 19) 
 39655.15 in reply to 39655.11 

Odds are the Troops effected were associated with the catholic church.

bob>Good point, but the BSA knowingly allowed gay scout masters/scouts, so it's no shock what they intended to do. 

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-12 9:03 AM 
To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (16 of 19) 
 39655.16 in reply to 39655.14 

Catholics ARE Christian, just as much so as Baptists and Methodists.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-12 9:07 AM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (17 of 19) 
 39655.17 in reply to 39655.16 

Catholics ARE Christian, just as much so as Baptists and Methodists.

bob>Catholics consider themselves to be Christians, many other Christians do not consider them that way. In any event, you can't put the Catholics in the same circle as other real Christian religions. 

To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (18 of 19) 
 39655.18 in reply to 39655.16 

"Catholics ARE Christian, just as much so as Baptists and Methodists."

The Roman Catholic Church has a lot of false teaching when it comes to salvation, however, just like the Baptists & Methodists, there are members who are saved and members who are not saved.

A true biblical salvation consists of repenting of one's sins(willing to turn completely away from them), and receiving Jesus Christ into one's heart and life as their Savior, then resolving to make Jesus Christ the Lord of every area of their lives, for their rest of their life.

Are you a Catholic Warren or do you know of someone who is and your concerned about their eternal destiny?

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-13 8:59 AM 
To: Butchking  (19 of 19) 
 39655.19 in reply to 39655.18 

I was

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

• Edited August 14, 2019 6:26 pm  by  Bike (URALTOURIST1)

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-19
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.