Bible Topics & Bible Studies -  When Does Life Start? The Pill? (843 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-18 3:21 PM 
To: Len (AryehLeib613)  (21 of 63) 
 41438.21 in reply to 41438.13 

Bwahaha

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

Reply   Options 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (22 of 63) 
 41438.22 in reply to 41438.17 

Bob>Haha. Then happens when the mother in law finally leaves? 

Or passes away.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-19 1:39 PM 
To: Caryn (haleyC987)  (23 of 63) 
 41438.23 in reply to 41438.20 

Bob (Bobbylee7) said...

bob>So, life starts with "breath?" 

In the beginning, life begins and is the breath of God first, the breath of the spirit of life.  Nothing is known to have changed about that.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.  Gen 2:7, (7:22)

bob>So, the child in the womb, who has not taken a breath, is not considered to be a living being, even with a heart beat? Abortion is okay as it has not taken a breath? 

Bob (Bobbylee7) said...

bob>What about the 9 months before birth? 

Life within the womb of life.  Where there is life there is life.

bob>You seemed to say, life starts with breath. 

Bob (Bobbylee7) said...

bob>But, if life starts with "birth" and with "breath" then the baby in the womb is not having life until it's born/birthed.

In my personal understanding, the baby is living alive and well within the womb.  Birth starts with birth and life starts at conception.

bob>How does breath go with that statement ?

Bob (Bobbylee7) said...

So, abortion would not put an end to life. ???

As you know, the result of an abortion can bring an end to life on earth.  I was born through a botched abortion though, and I'm still here.

bob>I am so glad you survived!!  Did you're mother say why she tried the abortion? 

• Edited November 19, 2021 1:41 pm  by  Bob (Bobbylee7)

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-19 1:40 PM 
To: Len (AryehLeib613)  (24 of 63) 
 41438.24 in reply to 41438.22 

Bob>Haha. Then happens when the mother in law finally leaves? 

Or passes away.

bob>We have to clean out her house. 

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-19 2:32 PM 
To: Caryn (haleyC987)  (25 of 63) 
 41438.25 in reply to 41438.20 

As you know, the result of an abortion can bring an end to life on earth.  I was born through a botched abortion though, and I'm still here.

Ginger>Oh, my goodness!  I must have missed that. We are glad you are here. :)

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (26 of 63) 
 41438.26 in reply to 41438.23 

In my personal faith, abortion is never okay.

“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. -Jesus, Jhn 6:63

The ancients say that God is Spirit, His breath of life given man is the everlasting living spark of God within your soul, and your soul is the spirit of your heart (or place of conscience), being within and emanates your character by your words or actons either more good or more not so good at the time.   Can you physically measure by any medical tool of man your own spark of God in your soul, the very life of your being so?

“A bruised reed He will not break
And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish;
He will faithfully bring forth justice.  Isa 42:3

Bob (Bobbylee7) said...

Did you're mother say why she tried the abortion? 

No, I was too shocked to ask.

But I can attest to this at any time in any way:

For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
But the LORD will take me up.  Psa 27:10

+

To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (27 of 63) 
 41438.27 in reply to 41438.25 

Ginger (TGANNON) said...

We are glad you are here. :)

And I'm glad y'all are here. :)

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-22 7:24 AM 
To: Caryn (haleyC987)  (28 of 63) 
 41438.28 in reply to 41438.26 

n my personal faith, abortion is never okay.

bob>That's my/our opinion as well. All Christians should have that stand. 

“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. -Jesus, Jhn 6:63

The ancients say that God is Spirit, His breath of life given man is the everlasting living spark of God within your soul, and your soul is the spirit of your heart (or place of conscience), being within and emanates your character by your words or actons either more good or more not so good at the time.   Can you physically measure by any medical tool of man your own spark of God in your soul, the very life of your being so?

“A bruised reed He will not break
And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish;
He will faithfully bring forth justice.  Isa 42:3

Bob (Bobbylee7) said...

Did you're mother say why she tried the abortion? 

No, I was too shocked to ask.

But I can attest to this at any time in any way:

For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
But the LORD will take me up.  Psa 27:10

bob>You are a miracle! Your mother is gone now or can you ask her at some point? 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (29 of 63) 
 41438.29 in reply to 41438.28 

No, I was a teen when she told me and already waaay too much info for me, but it did explain a lot.  Obviously, she didn't want me then and she didn't like me after, and nothing changed with her brutality in every way about that.

I don't know if dad was aware of how my life was with mother or not, he traveled on business and mostly home only on weekends - and when he home they out and about most of the time, of which was such a great relief for me and I didn't dare disturb that peacefulness - plus I stayed engaged in extra school activities that kept me out of the house longer and as much as possible - that plus a bunch of friends helped with that a lot.  And when I turned of age (18), I was outta there. :)

But mother was good to me in other ways.  She didn't toss me out of the house and make me homeless, and she did buy beautiful clothes for me on a regular seasonal basis, and took me to a beauty stylist regularly, and to school everyday, and to the dentist and doctor appointments,

and she was an over-the-top immaculate housekeeper, home interior designer and regularly designed beautiful flower gardens that looked like all had just stepped out of a magazine; prepared (3) ~scrumptious~ five course meals daily.  She was a foodie and quite a chef she was and artisan bread and pastry chef - my dad's mother taught her how to cook while he was in the army, Battle of the Bulge.

None of that over-the-top immaculate housekeeping stuff rubbed off on me though - I was tired of having to live in a house in such a way that made it look not lived in - not a thing out of place nor even a wrinkle allowed.  I love a comfortable clutter of books stacked around me wherever I am, ... and was delighted to find a way to bond with dust on stuff for awhile, what with God making us from the dust of the earth and all. :)

+

• Edited November 22, 2021 11:46 am  by  Caryn (haleyC987)

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-23 2:20 PM 
To: Caryn (haleyC987)  (30 of 63) 
 41438.30 in reply to 41438.29 

That’s quite a story about your mother.  Do you think your father knew she didn’t want you?  Do you have any insights to why your mother was the way she was?  For instance, my dad said when he was young, his dad caught him smoking a corn cob pipe behind the barn and he took a horse whip to him.  In turn, I suffered my dads wrath with his belt ever since I can remember being little to up to age 17 and that only being because at 18, I left home.  Those belt marks left bruises on my legs for over a month.  My mother is another story: she was one of five children and her dad was an alcoholic.  When he got drunk, he would tell my mother that she wasn’t his.  All you had to do was look at her siblings to know that wasn’t true plus my dear grandmother was a devout Catholic and it just wasn’t in her makeup.  I think her dad saying that to her caused her to seek the attention of other men and it remained that way till she died at the age of 81.  I don’t excuse either of my parents behavior as I think they both had free will choices as we all do.  I only think it explains their behavior.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51-60 61-63
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.