US Politics -  Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI (180 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: B-17 Girl (Collinwood11) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (11 of 15) 
 4889.11 in reply to 4889.10 

How much jail time is usually administered for pleading guilty to a process crime?

At the end of the day, this remains a process crime. He lied to FBI agents. And if there were collusion, if Flynn were promising to spill the beans on collusion, then he would not just be pleading guilty to a process crime.

If you’re trying to entice Flynn to flip and really deliver the goods then you hit him as hard as you can and dangle the lesser penalty and charges down the road after he flips and cooperates. What we have here is the Drive-By Media and ABC so damned eager for what they’ve been lying about for a year to actually be true that they cannot restrain themselves. They can’t contain themselves, and they’re seeing what isn’t there.

They are reporting their hopes. They are reporting their dreams. Here is Flynn’s statement:

“After over 33 years of military service to our country — including nearly five years in combat away from my family — and then my decision to continue to serve the United States, it has been extraordinarily painful to endure these many months of false accusations of treason and other outrageous acts.” Well, that takes us to the Logan Act, which has never been prosecuted and will not be in this case.

Flynn continues: “Such false accusations of treason…” Colluding with the Russians for the purposes of affecting an election would be treason. He is denying it here in his plea deal. “Such false accusations of treason are contrary to everything I’ve ever done and stood for. But I recognize that the actions I acknowledge in court today were wrong and through my faith in God I’m working to set things right. My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the special counsel’s office reflect a decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country.

Reply   Options 

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (12 of 15) 
 4889.12 in reply to 4889.3 

Rush Limbaugh's take on this:

Brian Ross of ABC News is the only source to report this. Who is Brian Ross? Brian Ross is the investigative reporters for ABC News who — during a mass shooting in Colorado at a movie theater — immediately began looking to see if the shooter could be a member of the Tea Party. So they found membership rosters of Tea Party members, and, lo and behold, they found of a name in the Tea Party roster that was the same name as the shooter.

So Brian Ross, without knowing, heads to the nearest camera and alludes to the possibility the shooter could be a member of the Tea Party. It turned out not to be true. ABC News is reporting that “Flynn is prepared to testify that Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians,” and this is why: “to lay the groundwork for mutual efforts against ISIS in Syria.” That’s the big breaking news from ABC.

Ladies and gentlemen, that is exactly the sort of thing an incoming national security adviser is supposed to do in a transition between administrations. Flynn is supposed “to make contact with the Russians … to lay the groundwork for mutual efforts against ISIS in Syria.” There’s nothing here about undermining current Obama policy, which is what ABC and CNN and the others are trying to make you think is that Flynn was talking to the Russians to try to undermine Obama and his newly placed sanctions on Russian delegates and ambassadors and aides and so forth in the United States.

But the incoming national security adviser making “contact with the Russians … to lay the groundwork for mutual efforts against ISIS in Syria” is exactly what happens during every transition. It is exactly the sort of thing the incoming national security adviser is supposed to do. Now, if this… And this is the key thing about it. If this were part of the basis for a collusion case arising out of Russia’s election meddling, then Flynn would not be pleading guilty to a process crime today.

He would be pleading to an espionage conspiracy. At the end of the day, this remains a process crime. He lied to FBI agents. And if there were collusion, if Flynn were promising to spill the beans on collusion, then he would not just be pleading guilty to a process crime.

From: B-17 Girl (Collinwood11) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-2 6:13 PM 
To: danedon (danedon2)  (13 of 15) 
 4889.13 in reply to 4889.11 
I dunno, I'm not a lawyer or a judge.  I'm just guessing by what we've seen other public figures do in regards to serving time, which often isn't very much.  I mean Hell, look at that Bergdhal guy that deserted in Afghanistan.  He didn't do a lick of time and he fucking DESERTED. 

To: B-17 Girl (Collinwood11) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (14 of 15) 
 4889.14 in reply to 4889.13 

Really.  Good point!

From: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-3 11:51 AM 
To: danedon (danedon2)  (15 of 15) 
 4889.15 in reply to 4889.12 

I lost interest after you mentioned the name of that radical windbag Limbaugh.

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-15
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.