Polls & Quizzes -  Which Murder Mystery Should You Read Nex (550 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-12 6:05 AM 
To: Gráinne (Altermahn)  (41 of 47) 
 5298.41 in reply to 5298.40 

I have almost the entire series by Val McDermid (Hill and Jordan).  Broken Ground is part of the series featuring Karen Pirie.

You're right .... all her books are good reading  :-)

Reply   Options 

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (42 of 47) 
 5298.42 in reply to 5298.41 

By coincidence, my husband is reading one of Ian Rankin's Rebus novels. So we are both reading books largely set in Edinburgh!

We went on a long weekend to Edinburgh a few years ago, and it was great to get a feel for where these books are set. Edinburgh is an unusual city, a mixture of very old dark alleys, impressive Georgian buildings and modernity. It was strange walking in the footsteps of fictional characters you've been reading

It's the same in Paris. I've read so many novels and short stories set in Paris - in fact, whenever I go there, I always bring a book set in Paris with me - and I love wandering the streets in the footsteps of all those characters in Zola, Maupassant etc...

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-12 4:33 PM 
To: Gráinne (Altermahn)  (43 of 47) 
 5298.43 in reply to 5298.42 

There seems to have been several new books that have been released lately either written by Scottish or Irish authors I've never heard of.  One of these days I'll have to take a closer look.

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (44 of 47) 
 5298.44 in reply to 5298.43 

I've recently discovered a series by Tana French. As far as I know, she's American, but writes crime novels based in Ireland. There was a series on TV recently called Dublin Murders based on two of her books. Very good.

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-12 4:39 PM 
To: Gráinne (Altermahn)  (45 of 47) 
 5298.45 in reply to 5298.44 

I've read the first two books in her series .... I'd like to watch the TV version ... thanks for the reminder!  :-)

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (46 of 47) 
 5298.46 in reply to 5298.45 

The TV series mixed two books, In the Woods, and The Likeness. I haven't read either. 

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-13 7:54 AM 
To: Gráinne (Altermahn)  (47 of 47) 
 5298.47 in reply to 5298.46 

Both those books were well written.  They could each easily stand on their own for the series ... too bad they joined them together.

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-47
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.