Polls -  Who will Joe Biden choose as his VP r... (406 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-30 7:36 PM 
To: Lana (KHOURIYA) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (18 of 22) 
 56422.18 in reply to 56422.16 

Keisha Bottoms is Atlanta’s mayor and Karen Bass is a longtime CA rep. Both have received a lot of attention lately

Click Below for my Forums:

• Edited August 2, 2020 11:24 pm  by  Marci (marcinmin)

Reply   Options 

To: Breaktrack (breaktrack1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (19 of 22) 
 56422.19 in reply to 56422.17 

Here are a couple of those more conservative Democrats I am incredibly proud have been left behind by today's Democratic Party. Notice that I used the correct name of the party, which most conservatives don't seem to be able to.

1. David Duke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Duke#:~:text=In%20December%201988%2C%20Duke%20changed%20his%20political%20affiliation,called%20early%20in%201989%20to%20select%20a%20successor

Duke unsuccessfully stood as Democratic candidate for state legislature during the 1970s and 1980s, culminating in his campaign for the 1988 Democratic presidential nomination. After failing to gain any traction within the Democratic Party, Duke left and successfully gained the presidential nomination of the minor Populist Party.

2. George Wallace

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace

George Corley Wallace Jr. (August 25, 1919 – September 13, 1998)[1] was an American Democratic politician who served as the 45th Governor of Alabama for four terms. He is best remembered for his staunch segregationist and populist views

Can you please provide any support to your claim that Joe Biden is apparently too far left from the core Democratic past historical position in this country. Can you please show me how far left of FDR, JFK, and LBJ Joe Biden is? Those last 3 mentioned Democrats all led this country to a fairer, more equal, and more compassionate way than the Republican Party has thought of since prior to Nixon's Southern strategy of 1968. It is my personal observation that it is the Republican Party that has veered off of its path to the very far  right of what it used to be. Many if not most conservative Democrats left the party to join the Republican Party which now should be renamed the Fascist Party of Trump.

To: TIGGERME1 Poll  (20 of 22) 
 56422.20 in reply to 56422.3 

I could not agree more!  My sentiments exactly!

Brad.

From: Lana (KHOURIYA) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-2 7:19 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (21 of 22) 
 56422.21 in reply to 56422.18 

Thank you, Marci!

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-5 12:39 AM 
To: Jazzy720 DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (22 of 22) 
 56422.22 in reply to 56422.11 

Jazzy720 said...

Doesn't the governor have to pick someone from the same party as the one leaving? Or hold a special election or something? I can't remember. 

I think it depends on state laws, which differ.

Click Below for my Forums:

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-7 8-17 18-22
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.