Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
CURRENT EVENTS -  How We Create Immorality (22158 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (966 of 1374) 
 588.966 in reply to 588.965 

October 17, 2021

"'My hope is this bill encourages more businesses across California and the US to avoid reinforcing harmful and outdated stereotypes,'"

I think he means "Godly stereotypes," that is, to him, God is outdated. One of the primary ways that God runs his world is called, "middah knegged middah," or, "what goes around, comes around." In this instance, if a person thinks that God is outdated, God in turn may decide that person is outdated. That is NOT a place anyone wants to be when judgment comes, and judgment ALWAYS comes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10076771/California-law-requires-gender-neutral-area-stores.html

Gavin Newsom signs woke law forcing stores to have 'gender neutral' sections where traditional blue and pink toys and toothbrushes are banned

Large department stores must now display products like toys and toothbrushes in gender-neutral ways - a win for LGBT advocates who say the pink and blue hues of traditional marketing methods pressure children to conform to gender stereotypes.

The new law, however, does not completely outlaw traditional boys and girls sections at department stores. Instead it says large stores must also have a gender neutral section to display 'a reasonable selection' of items 'regardless of whether they have been traditionally marketed for either girls or for boys'.

That does not include clothes. The law only applies to toys and 'childcare items,' which include hygiene and teething products. The law also only applies to stores with at least 500 employees, meaning small businesses are exempt.

Author of the bill Evan Low - an assemblyman and Democrat from San Jose - said he was 'incredibly grateful' Newsom signed the bill this year. It was Democrats' third attempt in the state Legislature trying to pass this law, with similar bills failing in 2019 and 2020.

Low said he was inspired by the 10-year-old girl daughter of one of his staffers who asked her mom why certain items in the store were 'off limits' to her because she was a girl.

'We need to stop stigmatizing what's acceptable for certain genders and just let kids be kids,' Low said. 

'My hope is this bill encourages more businesses across California and the US to avoid reinforcing harmful and outdated stereotypes,' he added.

While California is the first state to require this, some large department stores have already changed how they display their products. Target Corp, which has 1,915 stores across the United States, announced in 2015 it would stop using some gender-based signs in its stores.

The law was opposed by some Republicans and some conservative groups, who argued the government should not tell parents how to shop for their children.

Reply   Options 

To: All  (967 of 1374) 
 588.967 in reply to 588.966 

October 18, 2021

"Can a 17-year-old Superman battle giant robots while ignoring the climate crisis? Of course not."

New Superman comes out as bisexual in DC comics

It’s a brand new day for the man of steel.

Continuing a recent trend of comic book characters coming out as LGBTQ, Superman is now confirmed to be bisexual and on the fight for global social issues, according to the DC team behind the character, who spoke to IGN.

This news is not for the traditional iteration of Clark Kent, but instead his 17-year-old son, Jon, who has taken up his father’s mantle.

“It is a pretty big deal doing it with Jon Kent as Superman … I hope this kind of thing will not be seen as a big deal in the future,” artist John Timms told IGN.

“It will be interesting to see him not only trying to find himself as a person but a global superhero in the complex atmosphere of modern life.”

That modern life — one where Jon has entered into a relationship with young “hacktivist” reporter Jay Nakamura in “Superman: Son of Kal-El” — will also be addressing the world’s societal problems along with intergalactic threats, according to writer Tom Taylor.

“The question for Jon (and for our creative team) is, what should a new Superman fight for today? Can a 17-year-old Superman battle giant robots while ignoring the climate crisis? Of course not. Can someone with super sight and super hearing ignore injustices beyond his borders? Can he ignore the plight of asylum seekers?”

To: All  (968 of 1374) 
 588.968 in reply to 588.399 

October 19, 2021

"For instance, the standards require kindergarteners through second graders to learn about ideas related to transgenderism, including “gender” and “gender identity.” Third graders are taught about “the role of hormone blockers” for transgender minors..."

https://www.westernjournal.com/horrifying-new-sex-ed-standards-mean-need-get-kids-public-school-now/

Horrifying New Sex Ed Standards Mean You Need to Get Your Kids Out of Public School Now

School used to be the place where you would send your children to get a proper education.

It was a place where they could learn basic sciences and critical thinking skills. Today, however, public schools are nothing more than propaganda centers indoctrinating children into the latest far-left ideologies.

Nowhere has this been made more evident than in the sexual education standards currently being disseminated to schools nationwide. Developed by a coalition of left-wing nonprofit groups, the second edition of th National Sex Education Standards aspires to teach school children about various ideas many parents would likely object to, according to The Federalist.

For instance, the standards require kindergarteners through second graders to learn about ideas related to transgenderism, including “gender” and “gender identity.”

Third graders are taught about “the role of hormone blockers” for transgender minors, an often irreversible procedure many consider to be tantamount to child abuse.

Starting in sixth grade — an age group of 11 and 12-year-olds — and by the end of eighth grade at age 13, students “should be able to” define oral, anal and vaginal sex.

This age group is also required to learn about the withdrawal method as a form of contraception.

What is quite possibly the worst aspect of these standards is their promotion of killing unborn children.

Starting in sixth grade, students are taught about abortion — not as the horror that it is, but rather as a common option when faced with pregnancy.

Even worse, teachers are forced to provide information about local abortion clinics to students in ninth grade and up.

To: All  (969 of 1374) 
 588.969 in reply to 588.968 

October 21, 2021

"I’m all for inclusiveness and acceptance and tolerance.."

God is NOT for inclusiveness or acceptance or tolerance of anything that HE says is sinful. God is going to judge, and people who are for inclusiveness and acceptance and tolerance of anything that God forbids is going to be in dire trouble.

"There is genuine evil in the world."

Yes, but that includes homosexuality and transgenderism...and as said, God is going to judge. God also says many times in His Hebrew Scriptures that He is to be feared.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/dean-cain-woke-supermans-mission-neither-bold-nor-brave

Dean Cain: "Woke" Superman's Mission Is Neither Bold Nor Brave

What exactly is a “hacktivist”? Isn’t hacking illegal? Is Superman supporting criminal activity? It’s a chore to keep up with all the different iterations of the current superheroes, but DC Comics is calling  it a “bold new direction” for the character. I  see nothing “bold” about it.

I say they’re jumping on the bandwagon, but they’re fighting the wrong issues. There is a clear agenda here. It’s globalist, it’s anti-America, but it’s not bold and it’s not brave.  

Robin, Batman’s famed red-headed sidekick, came out as bisexual recently, and honestly, who is shocked about that one?  The new Captain America is gay. The character of Alex (my daughter in the live-action series “Supergirl”) was lesbian. A gay or bisexual superhero is not groundbreaking in 2021. It’s banal. I have zero issue with that. I’m all for inclusiveness and acceptance and tolerance. It might be more interesting, however, if they created new characters instead of retrofitting the identity of existing ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is genuine evil in the world.  Actual corruption and government tyranny.  Plenty of real-world things to fight against. Like people being put into Chinese concentration camps because of their religion. Or human trafficking — honest-to-God slavery — taking place all over the world today.  It exists. Right now, and in our own hemisphere. Drug cartels trafficking people across the border, sexually molesting young women. Brave and bold would be to tackle those issues and shine a light into that darkness. I’d love to see the character doing that. I’d read that, too.

To: All  (970 of 1374) 
 588.970 in reply to 588.969 

October 22, 2021

"That people are even having this discussion shows how far from Godliness the world has sunk. The only thing interesting about this story is how so much of social media is idiotic and plays with censoring like little girls who play with dolls."

Instagram Silences Biologist for Posting Evidence That Trans "Women" are Stronger Than Women

From the people who constantly tell you to “follow the science” comes another piece of evidence that they aren’t concerned with any kind of scientific thought. This one comes from the folks at Facebook-owned Instagram who have now decided that censoring an actual biologist posting factual findings is acceptable.

His sin? He posted a fact about strength differences between the sexes.

Colin Wright is an evolutionary biologist and managing editor of Quillette. On his Instagram, he posted the results of a study showing the strength advantages of men over women in various activities.

The study, in particular, has to do with measuring the strength of transgender “women” over actual women. Titled "Transgender Women in the Female Category of Sport: Perspectives on Testosterone Suppression and Performance Advantage", the research found that even with hormonal suppressants, men who identify as women see their strength “only minimally reduced when testosterone is suppressed” even after three years.

This study was published before the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

This study was published in the Sports Medicine journal where it was recommended that sports facilitators consider these strength advantages before allowing these “women” to compete.

Wright pointed out that a similar test was carried out in the U.K., and they found the same results. This study was published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine.

Wright pointed out that the first author listed in this study is a transgender individual.

This is what Facebook/Instagram is now considering “hate speech.” As Wright pointed out in his tweet showing his post’s removal, the chart he posted goes against the social media giant’s guidelines on “hate speech or symbols.”

How merely pointing out the results of a scientific study that shows strength differences between men and women is hateful was not elaborated on by Facebook/Instagram and Wright said that the company did not allow him to appeal the removal of his post.

To: Impeach Xo Bai Den!! (ducky1988) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (971 of 1374) 
 588.971 in reply to 588.969 

October 24, 2021

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/10/books_indoctrinating_children_in_lgbtqism_are_everywhere.html

Books indoctrinating children in LGBTQism are everywhere

~~~~~~~~~~~

Homosexuality is not a sudden discovery of the modern age. However, it should be – and is -- a very minority behavior because it has no genetic purpose. The primary purpose behind every living thing is to procreate. That we humans do more is because fire allowed us to maximize our ability to gain nutrients from food, while spending relatively little time eating and digesting, and because of those incredibly useful opposable thumbs we have.

Also, homosexuality is not a healthy lifestyle and that’s true no matter how accepting society is. People on the LGBTQ+ spectrum have more alcoholism, drug abuse, partner abuse, depression, and suicide than boring old heterosexuals. (Suicide is especially high amongst so-called “transgender” people.)

Of course, that doesn’t mean that every person on the LGBTQ+ spectrum has these problems, only that, on average, they’re more likely to have them. Indeed, you only need to look at a few Libs of Tik Tok videos to recognize that so many people who have decided to embrace LGBTQism are not happy.

~~~~~~~

But of course, the point of books nowadays isn’t to broaden minds; it’s to narrow them. Children must be labeled and indoctrinated.

~~~~~~~

Concerned parents had better fight back soon because time is running out.

From: Impeach Xo Bai Den!! (ducky1988) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/24/21 12:42 PM 
To: WEBELIAHU DelphiPlus Member Icon  (972 of 1374) 
 588.972 in reply to 588.971 

I purchased the "Little House" set, and the "Hardy Boys" mysteries for my grandsons.  Thank heaven the WOKE crowd hasn't gotten to them... yet.  

Rescinding the Laura Ingalls Wilder Book Awards was straight out cowardly, IMHO.

To: Impeach Xo Bai Den!! (ducky1988) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (973 of 1374) 
 588.973 in reply to 588.972 

Hardy Boys by OfficerMark on DeviantArt

To: WALTER784 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (974 of 1374) 
 588.974 in reply to 588.792 

October 25, 2021

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/walgreens-close-san-francisco-stores-due-to-retail-crime

'We are not immune': Walgreens closes five more San Francisco stores over rampant theft

Crime doesn't pay — for what it takes from Walgreens pharmacies.

Walgreens announced Tuesday it will close five stores in San Francisco next month, citing "organized retail crime" as an unworkable obstacle.

“Organized retail crime continues to be a challenge facing retailers across San Francisco, and we are not immune to that,” a Walgreens spokesperson told the Washington Examiner. “Retail theft across our San Francisco stores has continued to increase in the past few months to five times our chain average."

Walgreens previously increased its investment in store security measures across San Francisco to 46 times its chain average in order to combat the spike in shoplifting.

San Francisco Board of Supervisors member Ahsha Safai was vocally disappointed in the closures, saying Walgreens's struggles show why retailers need "an expansion of the '10A' program" to reduce retail theft.

Safai proposed the 10A legislation on Sept. 28, which would allow privately owned businesses or commercial business districts to hire sheriff's deputies as security guards. The deputies could only be hired when off-duty and would be paid by the businesses themselves, according to Fox 2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patients with prescriptions at the stores closing will automatically have their information transferred to a nearby Walgreens within a mile radius and can expect to receive additional information through the mail. Store team members are also expected to transfer to other nearby locations.

To: All  (975 of 1374) 
 588.975 in reply to 588.387 

October 25, 2021

Do you have any regrets about having an abortion? 

"I actually have no regrets."

We realize that you do not fear that the law will label you a murderer. Do you fear the Lord however, fear that HE may label you a murderer? Do you fear what that would mean for you when God judges you for your place, or non-place in the Eternal Realm?

Psalms 33:8 - "Let all the Earth fear the Lord..."

CNN Touts Abortion as Vital for Underage Girls, No Reason to Regret

On Saturday night, CNN Newsroom weekend host Pamela Brown devoted a segment to promoting abortion as an important option for underage girls as she spoke with a young woman who had an abortion at age 17, and does not regret doing it. The pro-abortion activist even claimed that it "saved my life" by making it easier to go to college.

The segment also suggested that it was unreasonable to require underage girls to get either the consent of their parents or of a judge before getting an abortion. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually have no regrets. And actually that's a great question because a lot of people assume that, you know, abortion is something to regret or something that is, you know, extremely traumatic. The only -- I would say traumatic part in my case was having to go through this extremely difficult process, you know, going in front of a judge in a setting that most criminals go through. So I felt like I was a criminal. But other than that, my abortion saved my life. It allowed me to go to college and become an engineer and pursue the dreams that I had before I got pregnant and was able to continue after the pregnancy.

Navigate this discussion: 1-5 6-15 16-25 ... 946-955 956-965 966-975 976-985 986-995 ... 1346-1355 1356-1365 1366-1374
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.