Black Native Americans -  Jimi Hendrix (87 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: AMAIGEYA1  (6 of 22) 
 593.6 in reply to 593.5 
Oh she's Lumbee allright, she just isn't advertising it. The name Locklear is an old Lumbee name and her family is Southern. Someone just put the pieces together. She's doing the same thing the actress from Flashdance did, not acknowledgeing her "colored" side. From the Lumbee's i've talked to, she's only Lumbee in name alone, and that it is pretty much it.

Reply   Options 

To: wanbli529  (7 of 22) 
 593.7 in reply to 593.3 
Hello All, Long time no post been very busy with school.

I didnt know Jimi Hendrix was Indian either until I heard something about it on T.V. a while back. I believe they said that he was half or part Cherokee. I am not completely sure though.

Love*Peace*Happiness
Angela

To: nikkimo910  (8 of 22) 
 593.8 in reply to 593.4 
You wrote: "Tupac was not of Indian descent. There's actually some website about every and any actor/performer that claimed they were Indian like Tina Turner, Heather Locklear and Burt Reynolds. If I find it i'll post it..."

I don't know about the website, but I would bet money that Tupac Shakur was of African and Indian descent. He definetly had Black Indian facial features, and he had a look like the male members of my family. One way that I've always been able to identify Black Indians is by the eyes, and Tupac had those eyes. Alot of people think that Black Indians are supposed to be light in complexion and look like Pocohantes or somebody, but many are dark in complexion. Of course I'm not 100% sure, but Tupac definetly looked like a person of Indian descent.

Tariq

To: wanbli529  (9 of 22) 
 593.9 in reply to 593.3 
You wrote: "I think Tupac Shakur was. (The name Tupac, if nothing else, is of South American origin. [Tupac Ypanki])"

It's funny that you would notice this because I've always thought the exact same thing. It reminds me of a time when my sister walked into a furniture store and a Black Indian brother who worked there told his white co-worker "She has Indian blood in her". And the man's co-worker asked him "How do you know?" And the brother told him "I know my people". I think all of us as Black Indians know what the brother was talking about. But as far as Tupac, I'm not 100% sure but I do believe that there's something to it.

Tariq

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon9/26/02 3:04 PM 
To: nikkimo910  (10 of 22) 
 593.10 in reply to 593.6 
Yes, I just recently found out about the Lumbees and the Melungeons and Locklear is, indeed, an old Lumbee name. Biography, the TV program on A&E did a program about her and I watched, hoping that some mention of would be made However, as you already know, none was made.

If I had a backgroond like that, I'd be happy about it and find out all I could.

Jeanne

To: AMAIGEYA1 unread  (11 of 22) 
 593.11 in reply to 593.1 
  • I just found out that Jimi Hendrix was inducted into the Native American Music Hall of Fame.

I also just found out that the white Hank Williams was also inducted into the NA Music Hall ... on plain "his say so" ...  Williams appear to be no more of Native American ancestry than is the king of Norway.... who is likewise of [cosmetic] white Scandinavian ancestry.

So I have to wonder just when did Jimmy Hendrix claim to be on Native American ancesty? Or was Hendrix inducted because of the following statement about him on the NAMH webiste:

His second album "Axis, Bold As Love," featured another native inspired song entitled, 'Castles In The Sand.' Unlike what he was taught in high school, Jimi would now speak freely and openly about the plight of Native Americans in interviews. .... http://www.nammys.com/jimi.html

Wasn't Hendrix from the Islands?  Could he have been on Caribbean Native American origins or just cosmetically made over like so many high-profile immigrant blacks?  We shouldn't forget that Hendrix attempted to bridge the gap between our indigneous Black Indian Native American Blues music and white Rock music ... sandwiching white Rock in between our indigenous Blues music -- which we the indigneous Black Indians are not allowed to play professionally.  White who control the music industry  allow immigrant blacks or Negroes who have been cosmetically altered to look like our indigneous Black Indian race.

To: nikkimo910  (12 of 22) 
 593.12 in reply to 593.4 
  • Heather Locklear and Burt Reynolds.

Heather Locklear and Burt Reynolds appears to be both of white Scandinavian ancestry. 

It seems to me that there are those who covertly go around under various user names posting these same phoney claims about white celebrities all over these messageboards just to pretend that  fake whites are real indigenous Shemite and Kus-iteAmericans.  You will find the same claim about Locklear being of alleged African American ancestry on black oriented messageboards.  It is biologically imposible for any real white Scandinavian female (whom no one has ever seen) to give birth by a nonwhite man.  And I have yet to hear that Locklear or Reynolds are claiming to be mulattoes by a nonwhite mother.

• Edited 9/30/2006 9:42 pm ET by Rosetta321

To: nikkimo910  (13 of 22) 
 593.13 in reply to 593.6 
  • Oh she's Lumbee allright, she just isn't advertising it. The name Locklear is an old Lumbee name and her family is Southern.

Locklear appears to be of 100% Scandinavian white ancestry ... There is nothing about Locklear that even remotely matches with any claim of her being of real Shemite or Kus-ite Native American ancestry. She's about as real as an indignenous American as is Mariah Carey with her white Mom.

On the other hand Jennifer Beals is real(?) ... and must not be of black or Negro or African American european Yaphetite ancestry either.  Which explains why her promising Hollywood acting career didn't ended so fast with just one hit movie ... as did Dorothy Dandridge after she made the movie Carmen Jones.  BTW, hae you ever see any close-ups of Beals?  after all when the camera gets too close, one can see the signs of cosmetic surgical make-overs.

• Edited 9/30/2006 9:47 pm ET by Rosetta321

To: ROSETTA321  (14 of 22) 
 593.14 in reply to 593.1 

Yes...

We may well have our individual and collective complaints about some of the hypocrisy and deceit certain individuals we share indigenous ancestry with exibit via their words and deeds:

But even though I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt you posted this latest b. s.!

So later for you and your self serving crap too!

To: ctj527  (15 of 22) 
 593.15 in reply to 593.14 
  • So later for you and your self serving crap too!

This must be your board .... because I don't see any way that you could have replied to #593.1 which is 

who started this thread and end up posting a message to me.  My replies are at 593.12 and 593.13.

So ... LATER to YA!

Navigate this discussion: 1-5 6-15 16-22
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.