General Topics -  Free African Americans of Va. N.C., Del. (77 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Semmaster  (8 of 31) 
 686.8 in reply to 686.6 

Did your family continue to live in the same area?

Was she listed Mulatto because she was a Free Person of Color?

Reply   Options 

To: Semmaster  (9 of 31) 
 686.9 in reply to 686.2 

Good morning,  Semmaster!

And do provide us with a direct link...

Thanks in advance...

Later...

Peace...

To: Semmaster  (10 of 31) 
 686.10 in reply to 686.6 

Some just choose to believe what their leaders and mentors need and want us all to believe...

As in:

All cults need new converts in order to maintain and support their old agendas and prop up old dogma(s)...

Some also dare to imply and suggest we were and are no more or little more than lost sheep and self promote themselves as being shepards...

The flip side:

I choose to reach...

And teach...

But not just preach!

People oftentimes fear that which they don't know and understand much about...

Though that is their call...

Not their right to just waste our time...

Or yours...

FYI...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

To: Semmaster  (11 of 31) 
 686.11 in reply to 686.9 

What I needed and wanted to say/write in the first place:

Semmaster,   you also have to keep in mind,   contrary to popularly accepted notions of black unity et al;   some blacks (other than the alleged or real one lurking on this forum)  were and are as closed minded about us 'black indians',    as some other indians are...

We and our white adversaries are very aware of where the other is coming from...

I. e.,   our ancestors--and now us--their descendants--did and does again pose the possibility of red/black unity,    e. g.,    which led to the first planned/organized/mass revolt against white settler expansionism on this continent,   and/or the continued possibility of red/black unity in support of each others efforts to bring about the true re-empowerment of both peoples ala 2006 as well...

Or as the old saying goes:

"United we stand/divided we fall..."

Pencilling out 'black'  looking tribespeople (during the indian removals of the late 1830's)  and relegating documented tribal members to second class status (ala the federally created Dawes Rolls tribal lists during the late 1890's)  were white (not indian)  ploys to keep anybody who had or has african ancestors on the bottom of the larger (and smaller)  nations  socio/economic/political pecking order...

So what we're having to cope and deal with are attitudes and viewpoints which both reflect other folks'  ignorance  (i. e.,    of the facts--how it all works--etc.),    and why some folk of certain backgrounds remain on the top/in power--in spite of our own folks past or present efforts to at least play catch up...

My and the and more to the point?

This isn't merely about some parties self serving viewpoints et al as regards who they choose to believe (or would have us to believe)  is 'inferior'  or 'superior':

These are becoming exposes  why things remain that way!

Therefore this isn't exclusively and solely about how I or anybody else feels or thinks about this person or groups'  chosen faith,   etc.

This is about what I feel and think motivates that person or person otherwise:

As in:

THEIR POLITICS!

A socially and politically reactionary white regime now runs the white settler nation that calls itself the United States:

And some tribal leaders et al are bad reflections of the same mindset...

Anything and everything else is much to do about nothing...

At least that's my take on what it is those of us who come here with kind hearts/open minds are about too...

FYI...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

To: ctj527  (12 of 31) 
 686.12 in reply to 686.11 

>>some blacks (other than the alleged or real one lurking on this forum)  were and are as closed minded about us 'black indians',    as some other indians are...<<

Excellant point! So often Black Indians are portrayed as Black with an 'angle'. But the truth is Black Indians walk in two worlds. And not easily accepted by either Blacks or Indians.

Why would anyone choose to walk this path?.......

This path is not a choice! Its the path chosen for us by our ancestors!

To: Semmaster  (13 of 31) 
 686.13 in reply to 686.6 
  • the picture that I posted IS A PICTURE OF MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER

I was asking for a link to this picture ... But it appears that I have also missed the picture itself being posted on this messageboard.

• SHE WAS BORN A FREE WOMAN OF COLOR (MULATTO).

Mulattoes were not free but were simply enslaved indigenous Shemite Native Americans.  It is only the lies of the europeans which record them as mulattoes and then falsely claim that they were the children of Scandinavian whites and immigrant european Negro women so as to steal their ancestral homelands and not rebel against their foreign rule.  This is the same lie our cousins south of the border have been told for centuries by the Spanish ... that they are mulattoes or a mixture of european whites and immigrant Negroes.  Everyone should know by now that real mulattoes are barren/sterile offsprings of whites and nonwhite women (of any skin tone or race).  And when a Negro woman has a child by a white, it comes out looking like the black-skinned, short, wooly haired Negress, not with brown skin and long straight hair as the lie goes.  When a Shemite Native American woman has a child by a white male, the child will look like the Native American, as the looks of Scandinavian whites (white skinned and straight hair) are cosmetic and cannot be passed on to the mulatto.

If your alleged ancestor was a real mulatto as you say ... the you would not be here today, as real mulattoes are barren/sterile and cannot reproduce. This is why I wanted you post a link to that picture, to see who it was you were referring to.

To: Semmaster  (14 of 31) 
 686.14 in reply to 686.13 

***Troll Alert***

This person cannot present a shread of medical evidence to support these wild accusations.

He/she is a troll/spoiler!

To: stormshaddow  (15 of 31) 
 686.15 in reply to 686.12 

Good morning,   black indian cuz...

But we also must have to view it all in relationship to some undeniable facts:

One...

Just like all human beings,   some blacks fear that which they don't know or understand little about...

Two...

Our african ancestors were and we their present day descendants are a diverse crossection of various peoples...

'Black'  just like 'african/indigenous'  are general labels,   just as there were and are differences between Cherokee and Choctaw Freedmen Descendants,  etc.

It is our diversity is what makes us a unique people on this planet...

And It is not a 'curse'...

I consider it a gift...

Let us cherish ours too!

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

• Edited 9/20/2006 1:49 pm by ctj527

To: stormshaddow  (16 of 31) 
 686.16 in reply to 686.8 
My family, on my mother's side migrated from Virginia to West Virginia to Ohio.

To: stormshaddow  (17 of 31) 
 686.17 in reply to 686.8 

The woman in the picture is my great grandmother on my father's side. I'm not sure if she was a free woman of color or Native American mixed. I do know that she was mixed.

Navigate this discussion: 1-7 8-17 18-27 28-31
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.