BreakRoom/Almost Anything Goes -  K.C. Redcat's NEW HOUSE (427 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/22/12 11:15 PM 
To: All  (1 of 28) 
11 hours from now I will be at the closing of my very FIRST HOUSE!  FINALLY after over 3 YEARS of searching and jumping through hoops and well...going through LOTS and LOTS of stress etc...

I WILL BE A FIRST TIME HOMEOWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be moving a WHOLE 3.2 miles from where I have been living with the ex.  He is actually helping out with some funds and we are getting along well. 

Its a 3 bedroom, 1 bath house on almost one acre.  There is a 3 car pole barn/garage.  I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  976 sq ft. partially finished basement...where my studio will reside until I eventually make 2/3rds of the pole barn into my studio...of course that will be 'down the road'...as will the BIGGER KITCHEN...that will be where the roofed patio is at present (was going to turn it into a screened in catio...but I really will be missing the BIG OPEN kitchen here...so...the 'catio' will be redelegated<G>) they'll survive!

There needs to be work done on the house...nothing MAJOR MAJOR...but replacing galvanized pipes, redoing ungrounded outlets, and other misc requirements that my loan with Rural Development requires...but I'd figured I'd do them anyhow!  My realtor gave me the name & # of the contractor that used to work w/ her DH when he was in the construction business...and I REALLY LIKE HIM and he's half the price of this other estimate...and way more 'personable' at that. 

ANYHOW.... I've been wanting to share with ya'll here for awhile... my offer was accepted back in early July? I DID mention it at Saturday chat a couple times...but now it'll be OFFICIAL....I WILL BE A FIRST TIME HOMEOWNER in roughly 11 hours! 11am est 8/23/12

YEAH!!!!

here's a link to a pic of the house & pole barn to start with... I'll have plenty more to come I'm sure... I'm so very VERY excited and happy! this is the 'end' of one part of my journey I've been on for the last 3+ years...and the start of a new exciting one I'm really looking forward to... the REALIZATION OF A DREAM...  WOW!

http://flic.kr/p/cWZxBS

Kim
K.C. Redcat
almost HOMEOWNER!

Reply   Options 

To: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 28) 
 69756.2 in reply to 69756.1 
Hi Kim, I'm so happy for you.  I remember how I felt when my husband and I bought our first house.  It looks really nice.  Love that patio.  I know you will be happy in it.  I know you've had some rough times, but you can just put all that behind you.  I'm sure this is the start of a lot of good things for you.  You deserve it.  Blessings,  Vicky

To: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 28) 
 69756.3 in reply to 69756.1 

Congrats, Kim!!!

Jackie

From: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/23/12 11:16 PM 
To: vedwards143 unread  (4 of 28) 
 69756.4 in reply to 69756.2 
Thanks Vicky!  yeah...my rough times weren't so bad...not life threatening...sanity yes... but looking back it helps me appreciate how far I've come!  You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Kim

From: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/23/12 11:18 PM 
To: 7Jackie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 28) 
 69756.5 in reply to 69756.3 
Thanks Jackie! kinda surreal for me...even with the papers and KEYS in my hands...it was final at 11:20am...WOW! 12 HOURS AGO!<G>   the contractors start work on MONDAY! cannot wait!  I'm just HAPPY right now...and tired...... this has been a LONG time coming for sure....

Kim

To: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 28) 
 69756.6 in reply to 69756.5 

Cool! Are you moving in right away?

Jackie

From: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/25/12 1:11 AM 
To: 7Jackie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 28) 
 69756.7 in reply to 69756.6 
nope...have contractors coming to start work on Monday...my loan required me to set aside $ to pay for their 'required repairs'...just as well....I wanted the stuff fixed anyhow... and my realtor has a great contractor that ended up giving me the lowest estimate WITH more work being done...and we left some cushion in there in case they find more to be done...or I want more done. 50% of the 'gift money' from the ex will be paying for this! YEAH!!!!

then...all the cleaning...and painting... need appliances (Craigslist and/or my guy friend is going to start looking for stuff for me...he's great at finding deals!) 

don't know if I mentioned the house was built in 1948...and although they did some updating...they didn't do some stuff...like the plumbing needs replacing (galvanized pipes...) ungrounded outlets... and various misc stuff...  going to also have my dad's friend who does plumbing switch out my double wash tubs here...for the single one that's at my house... plus he's going to put in whole house filters at both places...the ex is paying for those!  and hopefully going to get my stove & dryer converted over to natural gas (HATE ELECTRIC!) to help save $$...my boiler is natural gas already... 

yup...plenty of work to be done first... hoping to start moving stuff outta my one smaller storage unit into the garage tomorrow...as I bug bombed that and the house tonight! (spiders....YUCK!!!!!!!) need that unit cleared out before the 1st...or I'll have to pay for another MONTH! no way! 1st house payment is due Sept 23rd!  thankfully I've got the little 4' x 8' trailer that I built 5 yrs ago, that helped me moving out here...then my 'other' (forced) moves since then... 

hopefully I'll be in by October...esp my b-day on the 9th... would be nice to be IN my house for that!<G>

so glad they are starting work on Monday!!!!! no doubt they'll be able to take care of it quickly... it's NOT that big a house<G> one bathroom right next to the kitchen...

Kim

To: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 28) 
 69756.8 in reply to 69756.1 
my heart just BURSTS for joy knowing you finally have your own home, your own space and you don't hafta put up with anyone you don't want to and have as many over as you do want!!! LIFE IS GOOD sista!! congrats

To: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 28) 
 69756.9 in reply to 69756.1 
Congratulations! Nothing more fun.

To: Kim (KCREDCAT) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 28) 
 69756.10 in reply to 69756.1 
Congrats to you Kim!! I'm so happy for you :)  Have your feet touched the ground yet, or are you still walking on air? LOL
Heidi :)

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-28
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.