BreakRoom/Almost Anything Goes -  Bangle Bracelet Forms (1250 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: kathy47 (kth47) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (38 of 44) 
 70313.38 in reply to 70313.30 
Ahhh..no. Do NOT put a full, unsealed soda can in the oven!!! Big, big mess.

What I meant was to take an unsealed, full (and therefore sturdy) soda can, wrap it in a paper sleeve - construct your bracelet - then SLIP THE SLEEVE -OFF- WITH THE BRACELET ON IT and stand THAT round paper sleeve with the bracelet still on it on your baking sheet in the oven.   :o(

Put soda in refrigerator for later congratulatory party on wonderful pc art.

Sorry for the confusion! (Hope nobody baked a soda....)

Reply   Options 

To: paintprints  (39 of 44) 
 70313.39 in reply to 70313.31 
Right. No sodas in the oven! (I've been known to make some odd meals... but not that!)

However, I HAVE been known to shop with a tape measure... there I am in the jar and can aisle... who cares what's inside... if the circumference it right, it's going home with me. Yes, I do get some strange looks. I consider it a public service.... something to talk about with your co-workers next few weeks.....  ;)

To: BinkyMelnik unread  (40 of 44) 
 70313.40 in reply to 70313.32 
yep... I get those looks too.
And I'm on the other end of the spectrum... most bracelets I could not get on because they are too small. 8 1/2 inches around against my wrist... can you imagine how big it needs to be to get over my knuckles?  (thanks Dad and Grandpa for the big bones!)

To: Debbie G / Twinkle (debtwinkle)  (41 of 44) 
 70313.41 in reply to 70313.39 
One question I have about bracelets - is it better (stronger) to use an old metal or wooden bracelet as a base for the polymer clay or do the bracelet in all clay ?

From: kathy47 (kth47) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/23/13 7:15 AM 
To: Debbie G / Twinkle (debtwinkle)  (42 of 44) 
 70313.42 in reply to 70313.38 
LOL!!!   I would pay to se that! Good idea about the sleeve, I just always had a sleeve on so I could get it off after I baked it but this makes more sense, and you can bake more without having pop cans all over the place.

To: klcrist  (43 of 44) 
 70313.43 in reply to 70313.4 
I just bought one (metal mold from Premo) and broke it.  I was under the impression that I was supposed to apply the clay on it and I would wear it like that.  Later, I read that it was only a mold.  I could not get it on my arm, tried to stretch it and it broke in half.  Just wondering if I were to have used that mold, would the Premo be durable to stretching?  My wrist is very narrow.

To: manbeader DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (44 of 44) 
 70313.44 in reply to 70313.1 
Hi. I know I'm late to the party. I shared you issues with the soda cans - if you still want to use it, fill it with water or rice or sand. That will help.

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-7 8-17 18-27 28-37 38-44
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.