BreakRoom/Almost Anything Goes -  Business card questions (232 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: DesertRubble (boozersworld)  (14 of 22) 
 70381.14 in reply to 70381.6 
Thanks, Lynn. I tweeted this out to our guild.

Reply   Options 

To: DocSarah DelphiPlus Member Icon  (15 of 22) 
 70381.15 in reply to 70381.14 
Thanks Sarah, I hope at least one person finds it useful, even if it just helps getting them thinking about what they want =)

Have a great day!
Lynn

To: merrie60  (16 of 22) 
 70381.16 in reply to 70381.1 
Vista print also does both sides. I just got some and a T-shirt, too. But now I get emails and "offers" every day. Not good. Gotta turn that off.

From: kathy47 (kth47) DelphiPlus Member Icon5/2/13 7:51 AM 
To: DesertRubble (boozersworld)  (17 of 22) 
 70381.17 in reply to 70381.6 
Great post! And never having seen your site before I was enthralled-absolutely love the work! Bookmarked it, made coffee and am going to settle in to look at all the cool eye candy.

To: kathy47 (kth47) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (18 of 22) 
 70381.18 in reply to 70381.17 
Well that just made my day Kathy, thank you very much =) BTW I really love the rustic, organic touch you bring to your own work, it's really great!

Lynn

From: kathy47 (kth47) DelphiPlus Member Icon5/2/13 12:54 PM 
To: DesertRubble (boozersworld)  (19 of 22) 
 70381.19 in reply to 70381.18 
Oh you're welcome, and thank you also.  Oddly enough I used to do woodworking also, but my style was much like my clay. I did the primitive, rustic Americana style, and did pretty well at the craft shows until I had to quit.  I guess it is taking me longer to solidify my clay style but it seems it will be on the 'organic' side as you said. 

I did want to ask you how you like the website (3dcart) that you have. I liked the navigation, very easy to find my way around. Some sites might be pretty but hard to find what you want and it is off-putting so you don't visit as much. Yours is a nice easy-going place to visit.

To: kathy47 (kth47) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (20 of 22) 
 70381.20 in reply to 70381.19 
Oh, my woodcrafts were sort of rustic, too, less Primitive Americana though. I LOVE organic style in polymer clay, I say go with it =)

Thankyou so much for your feedback on my website, that means a lot. I really wanted it to be easy to find the links to navigate, it helps that there isn't much there though lol The smaller the website the easier it is to organize =) Some sites have so much
'stuff' that it is overwhelming to me and I don't like that, so I purposely keep it simple.

I love my 3dcart! I should say though that only about half the website is 3dcart, the other half is wordpress. But I did what I could to make them match as closely as possible so it's not so obvious (and I hope it isn't) that they are different platforms. It was a lot of work, but it I like it =)

Thankyou Kathy!
Lynn

To: All  (21 of 22) 
 70381.21 in reply to 70381.1 
Vistaprint seems cheaper than Moo, but by the time you add in the cost for printing on both sides, being able to add your own artwork, having good fonts, and using the really nice heavy matte coated paper, Moo comes out the winner.  There is just no comparison on the paper quality. Moo is ultra luxurious.

I am a huge Moo fan (many orders under the belt) but recently used Vistaprint for some cheap cards for a show. The quality is just not there. They printed them off center and even the upgraded paper feels cheap.

I use Mini-Moo cards as cards that I include with orders. They're small (therefore cheaper) and unusual looking enough that they're likely to be remembered. But the biggest advantage to Moo is that you can upload a different picture for each card. So if you have lots of photos of your artwork, you can get a whole array of cards with those images on them. That's particularly nice if you have multiple lines of work that you will advertise in different places.

I agree about not making the card too busy. All you really need is your name, tagline, and your web address. Plus a picture of the kind of work you do. Address, phone number, etc are not needed if they're on your website and if you don't expect people to contact you that way. Also include a Facebook icon if you have an active FB page (and make sure you have an obvious follow button on your website). 

If you use your website as home base, you can then redirect them where you want them to go from there (such as Etsy, FB, or subscribe). The business card just needs to get them to the website (which, of course, you should have all decked out with gorgeous photos of your work). 

To: gingersblue  (22 of 22) 
 70381.22 in reply to 70381.21 

I agree with all Ginger has said about Moo, they are very good.

Jackie

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-3 4-13 14-22
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.