Polymer Clay Talk -  Where is everybody these days? (2327 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Stephen (SDROSS) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/4/15 2:33 PM 
To: Melody01  (6 of 50) 
 71186.6 in reply to 71186.5 
Melody01 said...

I'm probably showing my age, but I really prefer the PCC message-type forum a WHOLE lot more than Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I DO NOT care for the Facebook format at all!!!!!!!!!!      I sure do miss the folks who used to hang out here and the discussions and friendships we had and am so grateful for the amazing years we had together when PCC was a PC Camelot. Thanks Stephan and Leigh!

Yeah, I agree... and showing my age, too <G>! And "PC Camelot" - LOVE IT!!!

Reply   Options 

To: SherryBinNH  (7 of 50) 
 71186.7 in reply to 71186.1 

Hi Sherry,

Busy!!! Fall is the time we do shows, bring out new designs, travel, and more. Plus life has thrown us for a couple of loops that have changed our plans and sent us in new directions. I did not think that during my 70's I would be learning so many new things including how to operate a laser machine!

On a positive side, staying busy helps to keep me young and creating new projects, designs and artworks. Our most recent tutorial is free on our website along with four other, older free tutorials. The new tutorial is how to make a glasses or badge holder using a pull tab from soup, polymer clay, pin back, 26 gauge wire and sharpie markers. The artwork can be molded or sculpted as desired.  I did the demo a couple of weeks ago at the Lone Star Retreat.

http://www.bestflexiblemolds.com/collections/tutorials-fun-projects

Time kind of gets away from me and I am not on the forums as much as I used to be.

Thanks for posting your question.

To: Stephen (SDROSS) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 50) 
 71186.8 in reply to 71186.4 

Stephen,

I think you are right. Social media is growing by leaps and bounds.

To: SherryBinNH  (9 of 50) 
 71186.9 in reply to 71186.1 

Yep, times, they are-a changing! People only have so much time for social media sites, and so PCC has gone by the wayside, but it is a terrible shame! We used to have such a blast here. For me, Jackie Sieben, I am still living in the same place, but my daughter's death 2.5 years ago, and the subsequent loss of her 3 children to the evil husband has sent my life into such a bad place for so long! I had no idea recovery, as it is, would take so long and be so difficult at the time of her death. But losing 4 people who you were so close to really does take some mental work to find out how to deal with. I'm thinking that things are getting much better, somehow. You just learn a new way of living and try not to think of these people who you love so much too often. It's too hard if you dwell on it.

Actually, even though I've had a few false starts in these hard years, I do feel like thinks are finally turning around. I can actually focus while I'm in my studio, and I've been creating new canes... not too many that I'm super pleased with but I am learning some new techniques. This week I will be putting away the canes to do some gift making which I'm looking forward to, although it's hard to remember the clay techniques that were second nature 3 years ago!

Plus, people have really moved along with new ideas, it's so great, but I'm not aware of them all since I wasn't paying attention. I would love to learn some new stuff, that would be good for me.

That's my story! It's nice to see my old friends here. I did just find out that the Claypen Art website from the Discussions from the Claypen chat that I hosted here at PCC for 8 years has closed down and we cannot access the photos any longer, so I'm not too pleased about that. Stephen, I know you offered! I just didn't know how to think at that time, and I guess we missed our chance to move the photos over here to PCC. Sorry about that, but if you knew the turmoil - I couldn't hardly decide what to cook for dinner for a couple of years. :( Oh well.

Jackie

P.S. I love Thing a Day every February, and I'm looking forward to it again next year.

Remember we used to do the game with the most posts in a month? That might be a fun thing to try again. It used to get really crazy the last couple of days, haha!

To: 7Jackie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 50) 
 71186.10 in reply to 71186.9 

Jackie, We've missed ya! Glad to read that things have been turning around a bit for you. Think of you often.

Blessings, Love, and Hugs

Anita in AZ

http://www.etsy.com/shop/melodyodesigns/

http://www.melobeau.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/anitalbrandon/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melobeau/

http://www.facebook.com/MelodyODesigns/

To: Melody01  (11 of 50) 
 71186.11 in reply to 71186.10 

Thank you, Anita. I think of you all the time, too. :) :) :)

Big hugs!

Jackie

To: 7Jackie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (12 of 50) 
 71186.12 in reply to 71186.9 

Hi Jackie (aka Jax),

I am not on forums much anymore either but it is great to hear that you are making canes again and claying! I think of you often and am so sorry to hear the pictures from the ClayPen are gone.  I loved the chats and seeing what everyone was up to in clay.

As for myself, it seems the older I get, the less I can do in a day. :-/ Travel to shows and all the prep and restore when we get home has taken so much time and energy but travel is slowing down now. Our focus now is to build our little business, new designs, new molds, etc.

New and or updated tools are a big help but time is still the fire in which we burn. Blessings always.

To: Claylady43 (Penni_Jo)  (13 of 50) 
 71186.13 in reply to 71186.12 

Some of us are still around. Jean stargazer has been taking a break from her weekly webcams due to the chat and cams not working properly.

To: Stephen (SDROSS) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (14 of 50) 
 71186.14 in reply to 71186.4 

I think you are correct Stephen,

Many of us are now teaching, designing and writing for retreats, PC magazine articles, or promoting their own local guild. I'm busier in polymer clay than ever and enjoying the clay and it's many, many facets daily. However, most of my time and energy is focused here in Oklahoma, small in population, big in distances but growing in an interest in polymer clay. Our Twister retreat is going on six years and next year Lindly Haunani will be our teacher.

I check in here from time to time and occasionally post a new product. However, life is like the little poster I have over my monitor. "Time is the Fire in Which we Burn".

Still spending time in claying and still loving it.

To: Claylady43 (Penni_Jo)  (15 of 50) 
 71186.15 in reply to 71186.12 

Hi PJ! I'm happy to hear about new tools and molds and designs! I will check out your website... www.bestflexiblemolds.com, right? I do love your molds and texture sheets a LOT!

Jackie

Navigate this discussion: 1-5 6-15 16-25 26-35 36-45 46-50
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.