---- SHOW N TELL---- -  TAW-August 11, 2016 (249 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/10/16 9:14 PM 
To: All  (1 of 8) 

Can you believe it's already TAWsday again?

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

Reply   Options 

To: All  (2 of 8) 
 71334.2 in reply to 71334.1 

I've been so excited about my latest experiment! I've always admired Cynthia Toops micro-mosaics so I decided to try my hand at mosaics. First I did a bunch of tiny tiles and did a sample with those. Then I got bold and cut them down to the size of rice grains and did another with those. Time consuming but not as much as I thought it would be. I really like the results and have been dreaming up what to do with the technique now that I have made like a million tiles, lol. I'm thinking a vase but would really like to make a tile bracelet too. After last weeks discouraging results with that bracelet I need to shake that feeling off and move on. It is my first project that is destined for the trash...and that's saying something as I have always kept even the things I didn't really like in the past. So, here are 2 of the tiles I made.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126108624@N06/28906056035/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126108624@N06/28290749823/in/dateposted-public/

Susan

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/12/16 5:47 PM 
To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 8) 
 71334.3 in reply to 71334.2 

I so love micro mosaics! Yours are cute and well done - maybe I need to try it out myself before my eyes get worse than they are now.

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 8) 
 71334.4 in reply to 71334.3 

I did need my glasses for that! 

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/12/16 8:48 PM 
To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 71334.5 in reply to 71334.4 

--o-o--

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/12/16 9:04 PM 
To: All  (6 of 8) 
 71334.6 in reply to 71334.1 

I missed last week - sorry. Well, I finished these two cuffs, but didn't get them photographed.

To compensate (and because it was clay weather aka cold and wet) I did an eyeglass holder and a shawl pin for this week. There's a pull tab from a tuna can inside the eyeglass holder to help support my heavy glasses. There's a bail for a chain imbedded on the back. Now I'm hoping for a few sunny days next week so I can sit on the terrace and sand the lot.

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 8) 
 71334.7 in reply to 71334.6 

Love the shawl pin...thats a cool shape too. And the glasses holder! That is so cute! Clever to put the pull tab in it. Hubby has been hounding me to get a nice extruder so i can make cool designs like your bracelets.  Its really just lack of time to decide which one, not lack of desire for it. Sheesh, he doesnt really need to twist my arm...lol. 

Susan

To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (8 of 8) 
 71334.8 in reply to 71334.7 

If you're still debating on which extruder, may I suggest the Makin's USA Ultimate Clay Extruder Set, Stainless Steel. It has a black barrel. It is incredibly sturdy, AND easy to turn the crank to extrude the clay. I have their green one, and it's very good, but I use relatively soft clay in it, and don't stress it much. The most annoying part is that it has a t-shaped handle to turn, and it's just hard on the hands and slow to turn that. And it makes a squeaking noise that bothers some people. I saw the Ultimate Extruder and it's SO much easier to crank, and sturdy! A friend has one, and loves it. I have purchased one even though my green one is still going, just because I know the black Ultimate Extruder is so much better. And it comes in a great container with all sorts of disks included.

I would suggest you order it from Makin's to get the real thing. They are having trouble with having a lot of knock-offs being made and distributed.

Happy Claying!

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.