---- SHOW N TELL---- -  TAW-September 22, 2016 (359 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/21/16 10:41 PM 
To: All  (1 of 8) 

It's that time again - let's celebrate autumn by posting some eye candy.

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

• Edited September 21, 2016 10:42 pm  by  Eva (mejsel)

Reply   Options 

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 8) 
 71349.2 in reply to 71349.1 

Good morning Ladies!

I've got some bits and pieces I baked up last week. This month's challenge inspired me to work with leaves for the first time; that was fun! I also had some scraps that begged to become something ....necklace? mosaic? who knows..... https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcfnygryfprb3ai/MiscBits.jpeg?dl=0

I also had a really successful first trial with Pardo brand translucent clay and plan to use it to make some more cool canes and create hanging pretties for windows, https://www.dropbox.com/s/psrsxpbd73c3dt7/Stainedglassbits.jpeg?dl=0.  (note it bakes up at very low temp compared to premo, and in thin slices it tore when trying to install a jump ring into a pierced hole)

This next one shows the light shining thru the baked clay. I tried to make a hollow bead using a technique i saw online. Using cotton ball, nylon hose and thread to form and anchor a bead shape to the end of a toothpick. Cover it with liquid polymer (or in my case, tissue thin slices of cane with some liquid polymer to fill in cracks.) remove cotton and stuff after baking. If i am more careful next time, I can surely get a much smaller hole left over. fun fun fun....https://www.dropbox.com/s/pu9z50hk6skt6kd/Glassballtest.jpeg?dl=0

cheerios

amy

From: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/22/16 11:41 AM 
To: amyfb  (3 of 8) 
 71349.3 in reply to 71349.2 

I like your pretties, Amy - especially the leaves in the first picture. 

Do you have a link for that hollow bead tutorial you mention, and care to share? It sounds very elaborate the way you describe it.

EVA

www.everclay.dk/

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
TRY, TRY AGAIN....

MY BLOGSPOT

MY ETSY

To: Eva (mejsel) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 8) 
 71349.4 in reply to 71349.3 

found the video! - https://youtu.be/U4p7hmOnTF0

in short summary , the steps are:

1. stixk a Cotten ball into a scrap of nylon  pantyhose and snug it up tight into a ball shape.

2. Stick it on a toothpick

3. Tie tightly with thread to hold the ball shape and trim excess sticking out of the way.

4. Apply clay - liquid do in thin coats , baking between each. Cane use thin slices and grout with liquid clay if needed.

5. After baked and cooled , pull out the cotton and panty hose and toothpick.

i saw another video using purpose made balls that were coated with cooking spray to facilitate extraction.

another tutorial was using some kind of paper form.

good luck

• Edited September 22, 2016 3:13 pm  by  amyfb

To: All  (5 of 8) 
 71349.5 in reply to 71349.1 

Just got home from work....and I only have an "in progress" bracelet to show. Hope you are all having a good week! Susan

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126108624@N06/29561041910/in/dateposted-public/

To: amyfb  (6 of 8) 
 71349.6 in reply to 71349.2 

Wow, you've been busy, girl! I also just bought some Pardo translucent clay. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Now I'm inspired! There was some amazingly clear beads on pinterest that I plan to try to duplicate.  The technique you used looks interesting too. 

Susan

To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 8) 
 71349.7 in reply to 71349.6 

Hi Susan,

Conditioning -wise, I have not enjoyed working with the Pardo brand translucent so far.(haven't tried any other color of Pardo).

It seems like I spend twice as long working it to a workable state That still feels dry.

i will try adding a drop or two of liquid clay next time.

the cured color is nicely clear and not yellow like the premo or kato but is more white . 

I made these flowers entirely of Pardo translucent that were colored with alcohol inks and wrapped/filled with un-colored.

sliced , baked and waiting for their next state of being....

To: amyfb  (8 of 8) 
 71349.8 in reply to 71349.7 

I read about how dry pardo is. Guess its true. I need to get some alcohol inks. You'd think I have all the craft supplies known to man if you saw my craftroom but there's always "one more" i need/want lol. 

I absolutely love your little flowers!!! I will be waiting to see what they become!!! 

Susan

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.