---- SHOW N TELL---- -  TAW - October 13, 2016 (200 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 5) 

Hi PolyClayers! I've missed seeing TAW posts the last few weeks and hope to inspire some new sightings of the pretties we're all working on. I've got two things to show:

1. a pair of medallions that were the butt-ends of a cane I made. One is polished with my new JoolTool. In the center of each is a bead of hematite secured with some liquid clay.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f43t80qy4o0xdh/Yellowmedalions.jpeg?dl=0

2. first try at something recognizable using some baked shapes made from scraps and ends of different canes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjtroqotfj5k3rn/Turtlemosaic.jpeg?dl=0

hope the sun is shining in your creative space today!

cheerios

amyfb

Reply   Options 

To: amyfb  (2 of 5) 
 71351.2 in reply to 71351.1 

Yay!! Im not alone! Im in the middle of a mosaic so i will show my progress thus far. 

Its fun to see your projects too...and it looks like we are thinking along the same lines. Arent they a blast to do!? 

I'm so happy you posted. Let's hang in until others return, ok?

Susan

To: amyfb  (3 of 5) 
 71351.3 in reply to 71351.1 

Here's my project so far....I decided to try a dragonfly this time. It will have flowers surrounding it once its done. Mosaics are fiddly and take some time...the one thing I have little of.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126108624@N06/29676717234/in/dateposted-public/

Susan

To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 71351.4 in reply to 71351.3 

Susan! Nice work on the dragonfly mosaic. It looks like you actually planned it out.

i just rolled, cut and baked a bunch of stuff using a brand new set of cutters , and then dumped it all on the table to see if anything came out of it. 

do you draw out your plan in advance and try to figure out all the shapes and sizes you will need? 

Do you cut your bits from raw or baked clay?

To: amyfb  (5 of 5) 
 71351.5 in reply to 71351.4 

Baked clay strips. I roll it at a 5 setting. It is planned somewhat. The dragonfly was from a pattern on pinterest that i copied by hand (same with the bee). This one is benefitting from first one which wasnt as well planned. I found a plain background was a bit boring so I'm adding the flower shapes to give a little interest. The flowers were totally random before and from bits i already had. I like them so will do the same here.

Ive spent hours perusing the internet for ideas. Ive used embroidery patterns, mosaics and photos for inspiration. Whatever pops up in search lol. 

Susan

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.