---- SHOW N TELL---- -  Color Inspirations - exercises (252 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 

Hi All,

Hope you are all having a nice start to the New Year 2017 and getting in some clay play. 

I had a lot of fun doing some exercises in a book on color theory for polymer clay (Polymer Clay Color Inspirations, by Lindly Haunani and Maggie Maggio). 

One thing I did was spend a few minutes arranging my raw clay stock in a color wheel. Then of course I had to make a color wheel for each brand, which led to a shopping list of missing colors!

The point of the exercises from the book that I did today was to see how colors mix, and how they can be altered with additions of white, gray or black. Labeling the results of the exercises leaves me with great reference tiles for future mixing as I go.

The images: a collage of four of the color mixes; recipe and map of one color Yellow, and the colors before mixing, 

Cheerios, Amy

Reply   Options 

To: amyfb  (2 of 4) 
 71376.2 in reply to 71376.1 
  • Edited January 15, 2017 8:21 am  by  Melody01

To: Melody01 unread  (3 of 4) 
 71376.3 in reply to 71376.2 

I finished up with what I could do with stock colors and have a nice starting reference catalog!

And I started on the next exercise which is to make little buttons that show two-color mixes.

the center of each button has a 50% tinted version and the flip side has a pie-chart recipe of the colors used in the mix.

its really nice to discover how to mix colors from the basic primary and secondary colors. 

To: amyfb  (4 of 4) 
 71376.4 in reply to 71376.3 

Wonderful work!! You are doing something vital to design. Since you know how your colors will behave, you'll be freed up to design new projects and have confidence in the end result.

Bravo!

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.