Black Native Americans -  Two Black Men Say They Are Creek Indians (64 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: stormshaddow  (14 of 49) 
 716.14 in reply to 716.1 

If someone goes to Creek Nation citizenship and has the proof of lineal descent to someone that was on the roll books of 1900, irregardless of their "mixed" heritage, esta'hutke, esta'chade, or esta'lvste, they will become citizens. IF they DON'T have proof, that's usually where the boondoggle start's.

I know of mixed blood's of esta'luste heritage who are citizens of many different nations.

By the way the word madu is pronounced ma'doe, spelled mvto and means "thank you", not welcome.

Mark S Madrid
Florida Chapter Information Director

Florida AIM Home Page
Florida AIM Forum
My Web Page

Reply   Options 

To: Mark S Madrid (madridm)  (15 of 49) 
 716.15 in reply to 716.14 
Why do you think they are having so many problems.

To: Mark S Madrid (madridm)  (16 of 49) 
 716.16 in reply to 716.14 

Good afternoon,   Mark!

And thank you for your reply...

(Smile)...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

To: Mark S Madrid (madridm)  (17 of 49) 
 716.17 in reply to 716.14 

CTJ:

Good morning to you and Stormshadow...

But after having reread the original reply I sent along to you here?

I decided to revise it...

It was my intention to advise and not just intrude...

So please just go on continuing your discussion and debate as you two choose to...

Ok?

Ok!

Later...

Peace...

Edited 6/21/2006 8:42 am by ctj527

Edited 6/21/2006 8:43 am by ctj527
  • Edited 6/21/2006 8:45 am by ctj527

To: stormshaddow  (18 of 49) 
 716.18 in reply to 716.15 

It's hard to say sitting here and not knowing the individuals and what they have or don't have as far as birth records, proof of decent from anyone on the rolls of 1900, etc..

Paper work ?

For what it's worth, there have been occasions where individuals that are fullblood ndn's, of mixed tribes, and everybody knows their parents, yet they don't have the "blood quantum " required to "enroll" in one of the tribe /nation's of their decent.

It all goes back to the requirements of the tribe/ nation one descends from and what that governing body establishes as the base line.

Mark S Madrid
Florida Chapter Information Director

Florida AIM Home Page
Florida AIM Forum
My Web Page

To: Mark S Madrid (madridm)  (19 of 49) 
 716.19 in reply to 716.18 

Ok :o)

To: Mark S Madrid (madridm)  (20 of 49) 
 716.20 in reply to 716.18 

Good afternoon,  Mark!

I am listening and learning as well...

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon7/18/06 1:28 PM 
To: Mark S Madrid (madridm)  (21 of 49) 
 716.21 in reply to 716.18 

I've found out in my travels into the past with my genealogy research that if there's no paperwork, all it means is that there's nothing on paper - or nothing we can find at any rate. With Native American genealogy, there's the additional hitch that not everyone chose to ben "enrolled" or they couldn't afford it. One of the problems with the rolls, such as the Daws (sp?) rolls is that there were agents who were not exactly scrupulous or honorable. One of the things I found in dealing into genealogy is that there were agents who charged the Native Americans $10 per person to enroll. And they were pocketing the money for themeselves because they weren't supposed to be charging anything. (And people wonder why government employees aren't thought of in a positive light)

Ten dollars was a lot of money back in those days, especially if a family was living in poverty. If there were alot of people in the family, as can be the case where the family unit is an extended family, $10 per person can run into alot of money. If a family didn't have the money and the agent was insistant about charging, the family members didn't enroll. So, that's just one reason why full-blooded Native Americans didn't get on the list and why their descendants can't prove with "documentation" that they are "officially" Native American.

The documentation is skewed at best.

For me, there is a very profound lesson in this. For all of us, not just Native Americans, we cannot look to others to define us. We cannot look outside of ourselves for our identity. It took me a long time to learn that I carry myself within me. I'm going to be 56 this year and have just become solid in that knowledge of my identity.

Jeanne

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (22 of 49) 
 716.22 in reply to 716.21 

Good afternoon,  Jeanne!

And a belated welcome to our forum...

(Smile)...

Ditto given your recounting of the past sorry mess which some folks ancestors had to go thru,   one guess as to how their descendants feel/think about--of all people-- the tribal officials they're now in conflict with,  i. e.,   who seem and sound like they have less understanding and knowledge about it all than you!

So to say the least?

Your feedback on this particular discussion/debate thread is both appreciated and quite welcomed...

Take care of yourself as well...

Later...

Peace...

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon7/18/06 5:26 PM 
To: ctj527  (23 of 49) 
 716.23 in reply to 716.22 

Thanks for your welcome.

I have found researching genealogy and history to be a very interesting hobby and if I could figure out how to make an income doing this, I would.

Sometimes one finds what one is looking for in researching, and many times not. Things get lost with the passage of time.

Jeanne

Navigate this discussion: 1-3 4-13 14-23 24-33 34-43 44-49
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.