Whats it all about? -  Melting Pot (22 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: stormshaddow  (31 of 38) 
 723.31 in reply to 723.30 

Good afternoon,   Stormshadow...

And stay tuned...

FYI...

Reply   Options 

To: stormshaddow  (32 of 38) 
 723.32 in reply to 723.31 

Because most if not all of what the public school textbooks pass along is anglo/eurocentric and/or cultural/socially/class/race biased,   at best all we get back is a very generalized overview of the white invasion and conquest of these three renamed American continents and/or a very self selving rehashing of white/nonwhite relations,  etc.

Instead?

I call it all White Imperialism for Beginners...

(Hint hint/wink wink)...

Seriously...

In this nation whereas also at best things are viewed in terms of the white majority and the colored minorities,   those public school textbooks were and are meant for white mass consumption,  i. e.,   so one can guess the teachers and adminstrators obviously need and want for little timmy and jenny to continue to believe in the idealized notions of freedom and democracy,   i. e.,    so everything related to the founding of this white settler nation is either absent and/or gutted of a lot of verifiable facts...

Such as how George Washington and Thomas Jefferson lived on plantations,  had enslaved africans as their unpaid workforce;   and in quite of the lofty ideas et al the latter was/is identified with he didn't even stipulate for his slaves to be free in his will after he died!

My and the and more to the point?

Some of the white founders of this present day nation were hypocrites!

So what did and does characterize white/nonwhite relations is an obvious double standard...

Then,   too,   white colonists from different nations warred over the control of these three continents,   i. e.,   so the one's descendants have chosen to say little or nothing about the past histories of the others...

Yes,   the existence of some places--such as now embattled New Orleans--founded by french colonists--can hardly be disputed,    but everything else is restated in terms of vague references to treaties:

So we merely read about how the Lousiana Purpchase transferred 'ownership'  of parts of renamed North American territory from one bunch of white colonists to the other:

Though what's usually left out of even that revisionist take on history was the Spanish--not the British--colonized and controlled large parcels of land in the south...

That past history was and is as important and relevant and significant for us to reflect as the British colonial legacy,  etc.

Ditto the history of the conflicts between the indigenous folk and the Spanish colonists on this continent,   above and beyond present day Mexico,   even a lot of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans may not know or understand anything about!

But that is a part of our legacy and history:

And part of our attempt at the decolonization of our minds will take us reeducating ourselves too!

Simply put:

Yes...

For the self serving intent and purpose of some advancing themselves at our expense some have kept the truth from us:

And now we must find out what the truth is for ourselves!

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

• Edited 9/18/2006 9:35 am by ctj527

To: ctj527  (33 of 38) 
 723.33 in reply to 723.32 

>>And now we must find out what the truth is for ourselves<<

So, we need frsh sources?........Maybe Spain, France, or the British national libraries?.........

To: stormshaddow  (34 of 38) 
 723.34 in reply to 723.33 

Good morning,   Stormshadow...

But I've found the general sources (which were/are based on the same books first year college students read)  disturbing and revealing enough as to just how undereducated the rest of the general population was and is about everything...

The short version:

Just seek out the books first year college students read about the history of whatever nation you're interested in...

One guesses there's a section dedicated to that nation's past colonizing of everywhere...

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

To: ctj527  (35 of 38) 
 723.35 in reply to 723.34 
As long as it don't interfere with the religion of Manifest Destiny.

To: stormshaddow  (36 of 38) 
 723.36 in reply to 723.35 

I don't consider the mere ideas of humankind a religion...

Not allowing oneself to be accountable to higher powers is the source of our grief on this continent and in the midst of these white settlers descendants:

Never mind what the Farwells and suchlike say/write to the contrary...

I. e.,    these alleged christians,   etc.,   have proven time and again they simply don't practice what they preach...

FYI...

To: ctj527  (37 of 38) 
 723.37 in reply to 723.36 
Its a conquering religion. It was used to advance the Roman, Spanish, French, British, etc. Empires.

To: stormshaddow  (38 of 38) 
 723.38 in reply to 723.37 

Both Bush Senior and Junior used or uses a bigoted message to  justify his regime's meddling in Middleastern affairs too...

That doesn't necessarily make him a white christian pope...

FYI...

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-38
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.