Whats it all about? -  Official Efforts of the Cherokee Nation  (41 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: stormshaddow  (11 of 15) 
 726.11 in reply to 726.10 

Each and every tribe/nation's traditional and modern defenders (aka indigneous activists like the AIM crew) did and do base their deeds and words on historical events and wrongheaded actions of the non-indigenous folk of decades/years/centuries past...

In the case of the Dakota/Lakota/Nakota:

It was the cowardly slaughter of fleeing women/children/mostly unarmed elderly male tribespeople,  i. e.,  as an act of revenge,  since beforehand the united tribes of the western indigenous peoples defeated General George Armstrong Custer and the white soldiers at the Battle of the Little Bighorn...

So they were and are seen as resorting to very dishonorable acts in order to save face...

While adding insult to injury is how some of those butchers were actually given medals by the U. S. Congress for their 'value'  during that alleged 'battle' and conflict'...

Though I also have to ask you to answer this question for me:

Exactly what have you learned or you were taught about American Indian History?

I mean a book titled BURY MY HEART AT WOUNDED KNEE kinda should've kinda sorta clued you in about some of it...

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

• Edited 9/25/2006 9:27 pm by ctj527

Reply   Options 

To: ctj527  (12 of 15) 
 726.12 in reply to 726.11 

Haven't red Bury my Heart...........

How does AIM relate to the Freedmen issue?

To: stormshaddow  (13 of 15) 
 726.13 in reply to 726.12 

Good afternoon,   Stormshadow...

But I am having second thoughts as regards how we non-Freedmen descended folk are writing and speaking up/out about the plight of our relations who are...

As regards the AIM reference...

It might not apply in quite the way(s)  I had presumed or assumed it would...

The flip side?

I have heard from Marilyn Vann and also after a couple of phone calls she does imply/suggest she's following the lead of black movement activists of the Civil Rights/Black Power eras...

She's about building a movement to promote and protect the rights of the various Freedmen Descendants as regards the indigenous nations;  just as MLK,  Jr.  did the same as regarded black folk in the states during his lifetime...

Again...

I remain an advisor if she needs and wants me to be...

I also respect her and her right to fight her peoples battles as she chooses...

Understand?

Anyway...

FYI...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

To: ctj527  (14 of 15) 
 726.14 in reply to 726.13 

Considering what the Freedmen are up against; that may be neccessary.

As you point out repeatedly; Before we can't address the double-standard, we have to first attack the double-talk.

To: stormshaddow  (15 of 15) 
 726.15 in reply to 726.14 

I will keep that in mind as well...

And stay tuned...

Later...

Peace...

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-15
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.