Black Native Americans -  Black Natives (1060 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (124 of 137) 
 745.124 in reply to 745.6 
Considering that Indians held black slaves that is simply not accurate. The southern nations received bounties for returning slaves to their owners dead or alive. In the colonial period some slaves did find refuge with the Seminole who were fighting the British. The fact is that by 1776 almost all the Indians in the south practiced racial slavery and runaways were usually re-enslaved by Indians.

Reply   Options 

To: ROSETTA321 unread  (125 of 137) 
 745.125 in reply to 745.8 
Please just because folks are black doesn't mean that they're stupid.

To: BlackChoctaw unread  (126 of 137) 
 745.126 in reply to 745.11 
How do you know that? What proof do you have, documents, photos of him etc. If you have his birth certificate or baptismal certificate apply to his nation. If not you only have a family story, right. As I posted before most family stories are just that family stories, not family facts.

To: BlackChoctaw unread  (127 of 137) 
 745.127 in reply to 745.13 

Again, what is the basis of your claim. you may have Indian blood, but unless you are accepted by your nation you are NOT an Indian. The first thing any nation will tell you if you have 25% blood quantum you are NOT black you ARE Indian. The reason is that unless you are blood quantum you should not be eligible for the benefits of membership, nor should you be allowed to call yourself an member of that nation.

Race is an American obsession, I am perfectly happy to simply be a human being and NOT an American!

To: BlackChoctaw unread  (128 of 137) 
 745.128 in reply to 745.16 
Join the Chacta Nation, but not as a black Indian as an Indian.

To: ctj2010 unread  (129 of 137) 
 745.129 in reply to 745.24 

Chuckie,

The only thing that is really unwanted is a wannabee who hates being black and HAS TO BE INDIAN. Chuck someday you will learn who your white ancestors were and I hope that you can accept them like you have your mythical Indian ones. We have been having a rather lively discussion about you and you delusional views.When you grow beyond your race hatred maybe you realise that most Indians in your country and most black people share one thing WHITE ANCESTORS. You are not much better than that crazy lady who thinks she is an Shemetic Algonquin. You can get some uneducated, ignorant black folks to believe anything, like you.

To: ctj2010 unread  (130 of 137) 
 745.130 in reply to 745.25 
How many tirbes have you tried. The only one that accepts you is the Binay!

To: BlackChoctaw unread  (131 of 137) 
 745.131 in reply to 745.50 
As no Ethiopians were in the Atlantic slave trade and Belize is a multiracial country, are you sure who your ancestors were. Having studied the Atlantic trade extensively I would really like to know how an Ethiopian got to America. have you check your sources. I should have told you earlier I am a retired professor of African, Caribbean and Latin American history.

To: BlackChoctaw unread  (132 of 137) 
 745.132 in reply to 745.66 
Arabs are Caucasians.Skin colour is not race...

To: strongnfree unread  (133 of 137) 
 745.133 in reply to 745.124 

To the best of my knowledge, Native Americans do not have a history of enslaving others, not even those that were highly developed, not in the traditional sense of American slavery.

But African-Americans were found on every side of this land.

Those that came before the Mayflower traded with Indians, mixed with Indians and settled in various locations here in peace with native Americans.

Those who came on the Mayflower were originally indenture servants and settled here with other settlers—it is my understanding that they were few in number.

The enslaved Africans and the freed Africans, just like the poor serfs and the free poor whites, fought against the Native Americans with Whites.

When the enslavement of Blacks were full, Indians who mixed with Whites not only enslaved runaway Africans but also learned to see themselves as a different people and learned to enslaved their darker Indian brothers (e.g. Chickasaw, Choctow).

Other Indians helped runaway Africans and mixed with them as well.

There is no one Indian story. And there is no one African story in this land.  At a given time, all Indians did not enslave Blacks. And at a given time, Blacks and Whites mixed wit various Indian tribes. And at a given time, Blacks and Whites warred against the Indians.

Of course I’m not expert on Indian history; this is just my understanding based on what I’ve read and heard here and there on the subject.  A reliable and professionally written account has to be examined and written if it hasn’t already.

Navigate this discussion: 1-3 4-13 14-23 ... 104-113 114-123 124-133 134-137
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.