Black Native Americans -  Black Natives (1035 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (24 of 137) 
 745.24 in reply to 745.5 

Good morning,   Jeanne...

But as regards the forum's unwanted 'guest'?

No audience...

No show...

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

Reply   Options 

To: BlackChoctaw  (25 of 137) 
 745.25 in reply to 745.12 

Some hold on via anxiety and desperation and fearfully presume or assume being the mere descendant of past indigenous ancestor listed on enrollment lists gives them the right to claim to be 'an indian':

Others base it on non indigenous means/ways...

Instead?

One must at least walk the walk...

So later for the pretenders:

Regardless of their lack or amble amount of melanin...

Etc.

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

• Edited 1/7/2008 11:07 am ET by ctj2010

To: BlackChoctaw  (26 of 137) 
 745.26 in reply to 745.13 

First of all?

This was more or less a dormant board until you and Jean decided to drop by...

Ditto the other two are as well...

Regardless some continue to post  (and if you want information about those two just email me directly)...

We undocumented black indigenous folk tend to be seen/not heard  (at least few acknowledge the worth of our deeds and words outside of our own circles etc.)...

The flip side is nothing ventured/nothing gained...

And so it goes...

FYI...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

To: ctj2010  (27 of 137) 
 745.27 in reply to 745.26 

This is so awesome to have the opportunity to meet other people that feel the same way I do. Is there any way to stand up and be proven? We have no other place to call our home but the place of our ancestors. We are native here not natives of Africa.  Like other peoples around the world with African blood, but they are natives of the land they were born. I want to be called Black Native American, not African American, for me it seems more appropriate. I'm so happy to find my great grandmother on one of the rolls but what about the people whose names are not on the rolls but thier ancestry dates back to the 1800's? I really wish all blacks with that type of history here could be counted as natives because when you've been in a land for over 200 there's bound to indigeous blood in us everywhere.

What really got me started on this is, I was challenged by an African from Ethiopia one day. People always discussed we can trace our roots by our facial features,when some asked the question if Ethiopians are black a few Ethiopians responded saying they are not because 85% of thier people have Caucasoid Skulls. They are going at this by Scientific methods, they say very few of them had Negroid skulls, also thier language is a Semitic language: meaning a language spoke from the begining of time with Symbols not letters,therefore thier language is an ancient language, please correct me if i'm wrong many of the people of Yemen came to thier land for refuge back in time. Yemen is located near the Arab countries just past India. Many say they are African but not black as the Libians or Egyptians and some of them say they are black. Learning from them 90% of my family have Cacasoid features so they call it some are dark some are light from,straight hair to kinky hair we resemble the Ethiopians so I said I was of Ethiopian Heritage. The Ethiopian told me NO! you are not! Do you have any family there? I felt like an Idiot at that point because our family look like them but we are not. I lots of people were told go by your family features, instead I prayed to God and the answers are right before us, in the blood of our ancestors and the stories we were taught. Lots of foreigners have heard of Black Americans saying they have Indian Blood lines, and they talk about us saying we look like we are African why claim that blood line? I say because we are Native here too although we are black we are Native so why mention Africa? In the title of our names. Tongans are from Tonga they don't say African Tongan, or Jamaicans African Jamiacan. It's evident that we are all black but like the Hawaiians with Kinki hair are of African decent but they are Hawaiian not African Hawaiians. I think the umbilical cord has been cut from Africa a long time ago and I think we need to move on and connect with who we really are. We are Black American Natives here I would look stupid saying i'm a Native of Africa when I'm really not.

To: ctj2010  (28 of 137) 
 745.28 in reply to 745.26 
Yes i would like Coconut Queen's email thanks :D

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (29 of 137) 
 745.29 in reply to 745.18 
wow i'm stunned cause I recieved an email saying that only the people on the Rolls will be considered not by DNA or Family records. This law is different from anyother land or country. Generally if you have recorded truths of you're heritage that would be enough.

To: BlackChoctaw  (30 of 137) 
 745.30 in reply to 745.29 

This was and is about official documents  (and if some folks ancestors bribed their way on the rolls that is unfortunate though it doesn't change anything about whose descendants get fderal funds et al)...

I. e.,  those (long forgotten) treaties determine the nature of indigenous/non indigneous relations,   and even us undocumented folk dare not deny the obvious,  when it comes to stuff like that there...

Ya folla?

Anyway:

FYI...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/7/08 10:02 PM 
To: BlackChoctaw  (31 of 137) 
 745.31 in reply to 745.21 

You're very kind and show a great deal of dignity and self-posession.  I'm glad to meet you.

Aloha, Jeanne

FoodCourtPunchbowl012.jpg Diamond Head as We Leave Punchbowl 2 image by coconutqueen_hawaii
Diamond Head from the
slopes of Punchbowl Crater

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/7/08 10:07 PM 
To: BlackChoctaw  (32 of 137) 
 745.32 in reply to 745.16 

Wow, that's great news!  It's so much fun to find information.  I bet you felt like jumping up and down yelling "Yay!"

I have found it so interesting tracing my family back in time and finding evidence of where family members were at different times.

Aloha, Jeanne

FoodCourtPunchbowl012.jpg Diamond Head as We Leave Punchbowl 2 image by coconutqueen_hawaii
Diamond Head from the

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/7/08 10:13 PM 
To: BlackChoctaw  (33 of 137) 
 745.33 in reply to 745.19 

Oh, my goodness, anyone who knows anything about history and/or genealogy or has a number of Black friends knows how prevelent the Black/Native ancsetry is.  But there are still white people who are ignorant of that. 

When I was little, there was this white man who lived next door to my grandparents in Hollywood.  His wife was a light-skinned Black woman and they had two chilren.  She claimed Native American ancestry and I'm sorry to say that my own mother was one of those people who made fun of the woman saying "oh, so she wants us to think she isn't Black!"

By the time I found out the woman was probably telling the truth, it was many years later and I was an adult.  But I did tell my mom she was wrong to make fun of the woman like that.

Aloha, Jeanne

Diamond Head from the

Navigate this discussion: 1-3 4-13 14-23 24-33 34-43 44-53 ... 114-123 124-133 134-137
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.