Black Native Americans -  Black Natives (1023 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: ROSETTA321  (83 of 137) 
 745.83 in reply to 745.82 

I've seen some awfully old or recent phoos and of oher than forebears or descendants of the so called FCT nations members:

So,  you relating it all not ancestors or forebears who mated or married who had or have black and indigenous ancestry,  bu instead to cosmetic surgery,  etc.,  is the worst sort of revisionist b. s. I've ever have had to challenge or dispute,   since I started posting on the message boards!

Your viewpoints are not my views:

Your views aren't anybody's who ever did or do post on this forum...

We don't impose ours on you...

I ask you stop trying to do likewise...

FYI...

Reply   Options 

To: BlackChoctaw unread  (84 of 137) 
 745.84 in reply to 745.27 

"the umbilical cord has been cut from Africa a long time ago and I think we need to move on and connect with who we really are."

Well said!

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (85 of 137) 
 745.85 in reply to 745.39 
"

And people tend to forget - if they ever knew - that the Black people who were slaves weren't a bunch of less than smart people with no skills.  Those plantations were each a world within itself and bought very little from the outside.  They made all their own furniture, their own wagons, saddles, clothes and shoes.  They spun their own cloth and made their own soap.  Who do you think did all that - the white master?  No way.  It was the slaves who did all that.  There were alot of very skilled people on those plantations who weren't white.

And how to you think those big plantation homes down there in the swampy lands of the south got built.  Who do you think cleared the land and drained the swamps?  Who built the homes?  Who cleared the land and planted crops, cotton and tobacco?

"

Have you been watching HBO's John Adams?

I was surprised at the accuracy when they showed the construction of the White House.

To: repenting (JUPITER117)  (86 of 137) 
 745.86 in reply to 745.78 

"I think if DNA were considered (something many "Natives" fight), you would find that there is more "Native American" DNA running through the veins of the average Black American than the White "Natives" who live on (and off) those reservations and claim themselves to be "Native"."

I have yet to see the DNA results of ANY FullBlood!

To: ctj2010  (87 of 137) 
 745.87 in reply to 745.80 
Yup! We need to UNITE.

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon5/19/08 12:50 AM 
To: stormshaddow  (88 of 137) 
 745.88 in reply to 745.85 

No, I haven't been watching much tv lately...the HBO program sounds like it must be good, though, if it's accurate.  I think I did read that slaves were largely responsible for building the White House.

Jeanne

To: stormshaddow  (89 of 137) 
 745.89 in reply to 745.84 

Good morning,  Storm Shadow!

But,  long time no see,   (or hear back from yah),  man!

I am looking forward to an update about that as well...

Ok?

Now back to the subject of this thread (more or less)...

And,   to say the least,   my take is a wee bit different from Black Choctaw's...

Y'see,   even if I moved somewhere else,   inside or outside of the states,   I would continue to be my mother's firstborn son...

I. e.,   we continue to be the descendants of continental africans,   first and foremost...

Who else our ancestors and our forebears mated with or married on this side of the oceans only reflects how their lives did go on in spite of their enslavement etc.

As I've also written and said before:

Most (if not all) of the time that took place between consenting adults (and/or those who found the other worthy of being a mate etc.)...

So was a good thing-- or we wouldn't be around to figure out what it means to be us-- on this side of the oceans--either...

Brother Malcolm reminded us how it is in all of our best interests to unite etc.--as in--on the basis of what we have in common:

That's far more inteligent and wise than constantly seeking to appease others who we have little or nothing in common with at all!

Anway:

That's my take on this particular subject...

FYI...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

• Edited 5/19/2008 11:12 am ET by ctj2010

To: ctj2010  (90 of 137) 
 745.90 in reply to 745.89 

"You can't hide from yourself. Everywhere you go, there you are."

Isaac Hayes :p

To: stormshaddow  (91 of 137) 
 745.91 in reply to 745.90 

Good afternoon,   Stormshadow...

But I was expecting a wee bit more of a update than that...

And nothing yet as regards what B. C. posted?

Please do try again!

Thanks!

FYI...

Peace...

To: All  (92 of 137) 
 745.92 in reply to 745.79 

To the three or so posters who were and are welcome participants on this revived forum:

One does know and the other will now it was only meant to be an archive of sorts at this point:

Short version...

Long story when time etc. permits...

What one also does know and others will now:

Another forum exists for us to continue this dialogue on...

I. e.,   yahoogroups BLACK INDIAN ACTIVISTS ALLIANCE forum...

Because this is one Jerry Eaglefeather started and since my take on it all is a tad bit different from his too:

I kindly ask you to resubscribing or subscribing to that other forum...

Whatever any of you do decide:

Please let me know via pm or email...

Thanks!

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

• Edited 5/20/2008 6:00 pm ET by ctj2010

Navigate this discussion: 1-2 3-12 13-22 ... 63-72 73-82 83-92 93-102 103-112 113-122 123-132 133-137
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.