Requests-prayers,energy,etc, -  MIghty Grim (693 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 116) 
Well, folks, I have two weeks to get out of my apartment, the bills are piling up, and still no job. I'm going to cash in my life insurance policy for some quick cash, but that won't last. If I don't get a part time job soon, I'll have to quit school and get a full time one instead, since that seems to be all Spherion can supply right now. Not sure what I'll do if that doesn't work out. Anyway, I want to thank all of you for being a part of my life.

Be your own hero.

Reply   Options 

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (2 of 116) 
 8664.2 in reply to 8664.1 
(((((((((((((((((Ralph)))))))))))))))))))))

I hope everything works out for you.

To: Alli (AlliJaguar)  (3 of 116) 
 8664.3 in reply to 8664.2 
((((((((((((Allie)))))))))))))
Thanks, hon. I should find out more by the end of next week, but it doesn't look good.

Be your own hero.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (4 of 116) 
 8664.4 in reply to 8664.1 
~*(~*(~*(~*(~Ralph~)*~)*~)*~)*~)*~

Chin up darlin'... brighter days are ahead.. just, don't lose faith in yourself or your strength. You can get through this. Believe that.

From: PhilH (philh1985) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/19/03 1:53 PM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (5 of 116) 
 8664.5 in reply to 8664.1 
Ralph,

I wish you the best of luck, and am definitely sending out good thoughts for you!

Phil

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (6 of 116) 
 8664.6 in reply to 8664.4 
I want to believe that, I really do, but things are looking pretty bad right about now. I've applied to places that have been hiring like crazy, but no word from them. I managed to get my credit card payments lowered, but that won't do me any good without a job. I don't know, it just seems that every time I try to go for something I like, something I want, I get slapped in the face. I have these dreams, but I can never seem to make them come true.

Be your own hero.

To: PhilH (philh1985) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 116) 
 8664.7 in reply to 8664.5 
Thanks, Phil.

Be your own hero.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (8 of 116) 
 8664.8 in reply to 8664.7 
Keep plugging, Ralph. I'm supposed to be dead several times over, I lost my wife, house, 70% of my heart function, career..gee, I could keep going, but I think you get the point. I have gone through some really rough times (ask Tarty!) but sooner or later I'd get back up & keep plugging. If I could only give one bit of advice, that's it - don't give up & keep trying.

Sometimes things really are no-sh*t tough. Screw Pollyanna. Life can suck really bad sometimes. But I finally decided that if I did go down, it would be while still swinging.

There's always something else to try. It's not always obvious, and sometimes it's too obvious. Just be willing to ask for help and advice, and be willing to try something different. After a lot of frustration dealing with state agencies, I joined the local UU church (knowing how many activists and social progressives were there), and the leads for both my current volunteer and my upcoming paying job came from there.

Enough pontificating. Write or call me anytime.

Larry

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (9 of 116) 
 8664.9 in reply to 8664.8 
Thanks. I found out today that I should be able to get around $4000 for cashing in my life insurance. That should help. Now it's just a matter of finding work. Oh, I also called my counselor. A while back he suggested that I might be able to get disability because of my depression.

Be your own hero.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (10 of 116) 
 8664.10 in reply to 8664.6 
For a spiritual boost, try lighting a green candle and either do a little money spell (or a lotta money spell.. LOL) or just meditate about having a positive mind, being OPEN to opportunity.. sometimes when we're feeling down, we're blocking good things from happening. it's NOT a concious kind of thing, we don't even realize it... it's worth a try at least.

When applying for a job, not only do first impressions count now, so do after impressions. The gal I ended hiring for my business I did so because she sent me a thank you and followed up after the interview. Not in the "am I hired" way but in the "I'm still interested" way and that won me over. It showed me she had interest in working with me where her interview just showed me how she interviews. Anyway, not telling you what to do but just offering it as a way to help. Sittnig waiting for the phone to rnig sucks... call them, let HR know you're still interested, make sure they know it's Ralph calling... *smile*... then go for a walk.. ennjoy the changing colors of the trees, feel the cripsness in the wind and don't be disppointed if you hear nothing, see it as an opportunity to do smoething else, or to call again. Squeaky wheels and all that...

YOU CAN DO THIS RALPH... I have faith in you, now YOU have faith in YOU...

If all else fails whistle the tune from Monty Python's Life of Brian.. and 'always look on the bright side of life.. *whistle*.... always look on the bright side of life... "... it's corny but if you tell yoruself this, it will sink in. Affirmations work, might as well make them positive.. sometimes it's all that pulls us through a crappy part of our life. ;)

You're not alone, my friend! We're here for you!

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 91-100 101-110 111-116
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.