Requests-prayers,energy,etc, -  MIghty Grim (695 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (9 of 116) 
 8664.9 in reply to 8664.8 
Thanks. I found out today that I should be able to get around $4000 for cashing in my life insurance. That should help. Now it's just a matter of finding work. Oh, I also called my counselor. A while back he suggested that I might be able to get disability because of my depression.

Be your own hero.

Reply   Options 

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (10 of 116) 
 8664.10 in reply to 8664.6 
For a spiritual boost, try lighting a green candle and either do a little money spell (or a lotta money spell.. LOL) or just meditate about having a positive mind, being OPEN to opportunity.. sometimes when we're feeling down, we're blocking good things from happening. it's NOT a concious kind of thing, we don't even realize it... it's worth a try at least.

When applying for a job, not only do first impressions count now, so do after impressions. The gal I ended hiring for my business I did so because she sent me a thank you and followed up after the interview. Not in the "am I hired" way but in the "I'm still interested" way and that won me over. It showed me she had interest in working with me where her interview just showed me how she interviews. Anyway, not telling you what to do but just offering it as a way to help. Sittnig waiting for the phone to rnig sucks... call them, let HR know you're still interested, make sure they know it's Ralph calling... *smile*... then go for a walk.. ennjoy the changing colors of the trees, feel the cripsness in the wind and don't be disppointed if you hear nothing, see it as an opportunity to do smoething else, or to call again. Squeaky wheels and all that...

YOU CAN DO THIS RALPH... I have faith in you, now YOU have faith in YOU...

If all else fails whistle the tune from Monty Python's Life of Brian.. and 'always look on the bright side of life.. *whistle*.... always look on the bright side of life... "... it's corny but if you tell yoruself this, it will sink in. Affirmations work, might as well make them positive.. sometimes it's all that pulls us through a crappy part of our life. ;)

You're not alone, my friend! We're here for you!

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (11 of 116) 
 8664.11 in reply to 8664.9 
Yeah, what Saff said...the problem is, it's hard to have a positive attitude when it seems like all of the wheels are falling off at the same time. So I'd suggest taking some serious meditation time..not thinking, meditating. Try to clear all the trash out of your head, so you can hear your inner voice. It knows what to do.

I have faith in you, my friend. Don't be too upset - be glad you had the life insurance to sell. I've parted with most of my musical equipment, collected over twenty-plus years of playing. But they are only things. People matter - things don't. Life matters - money doesn't (beyond the bare minimum necessary in our society).

So you might want to try to clear your mind for a while, relax, and wait for your Guide/Voice/whatever you wish to call it to let you know what to do next. If you're like me, being smart can be a real problem, sometimes - just thinking yourself into a frenzy doesn't do much good. There is wisdom in silence.

I'm also willing to discuss the pros & cons of disability if you want to...been there for several years, fighting like hell to get off, but I definitely needed it when it was necessary.

Brightest blessings,
Your friendly neighborhood Hawk-dude

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (12 of 116) 
 8664.12 in reply to 8664.10 
Thanks, Saff. Really, it's only been about a week and a half since I started applying for jobs, so I probably should just be patient.

I might have a little problem doing the money spell - about a year ago, I had a paranoia fit, and threw out most of my occult books. Fortunately, I missed a few, but they're mostly on hows and whys, not actual spells. I still remember a thing or two, though, so I might be able to make up my own spell.

Mum offered me $1000 to help me get back on my feet, but I refused. I owe her too much already, and she needs that money for herself. She doesn't know about the life insurance policy, because she probably wouldn't want me to cash it in.

Be your own hero.

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (13 of 116) 
 8664.13 in reply to 8664.11 
Thanks, Hawk. I really should work on meditation, anyway. I have this theory I'd like to test out, but I can only do it through meditation.

I've even been thinking of cashing in some of my more valuable comics and roleplaying books. I doubt I'd get as much as they're really worth, though.

I think the thing that really helps the most is in knowing all my friends are standing beside me.

Be your own hero.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (14 of 116) 
 8664.14 in reply to 8664.13 
OK, another helpful hint from personal experience - valid only for myself, but perhaps food for thought.

Doing any sort of Magick while not centered is not usually a good idea. Panicked money spells are as likely to misfire as to work. Don't worry about books, don't worry about Magick, just worry about getting yourself centered. I can tell you that you are all you need, and that all the answers lie within you, but you have to believe it. Feel the Force, Luke (*G*).

Perhaps try making lists. Prioritize what you need, and what assets you have on paper. List what you want, then think about alternative ways of getting there. Words are powerful. Written words organize thoughts, and use a different part of your brain than either the spoken word or internalized thoughts.

If there's a possibility you will have to sell something, start checking what similar items are getting on Ebay. Have facts in hand to help you make decisions. I recently sold stuff I spent $1200 for two years ago for $300 - but did so knowing that that was fair market value, since the price of new gear had dropped for those items...decreasing the resale value of the used gear. So it sucked, but I knew I got the best price possible. And it was worth it to get my car, which has opened the doors for my new job. Sometimes the only choice is between which is least bad, instead of between good and bad. So make sure you know which is the least bad decision, and how it advances your ultimate goals.

If you can, take a day off and treat yourself to something you like that isn't horribly expensive - go for a long walk in the woods, see a movie, or whatever. Just get out of your rut for a while. Have some fun. You'll feel better, and be able to face things refreshed.

Write me anytime - lltracy@hotmail.com

BB,
BH

To: All  (15 of 116) 
 8664.15 in reply to 8664.1 
Well, it doesn't look like I'll be able to move to DuBois anytime soon. In order to get into the housing authority there, I have to have *some* steady source of income, which I don't. Mum offered me some money until I get back on my feet, and the landlady says I can stay here another month. Thursday I'm going to see about welfare. I looked into disability today, and I have an appointment next month. Unfortunately, that's going to take a while. A friend of mine from elsewhere on the 'net said it took him at least five months! Mum said it took her three, but she was already seeing a doctor about the ulcer in her foot when she applied. <sigh> It's a mess, but I'm managing. Thanks for all the help and support. I really do appreciate it.

Be your own hero.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (16 of 116) 
 8664.16 in reply to 8664.15 
get those green candles burning hun!

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/22/03 2:21 PM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (17 of 116) 
 8664.17 in reply to 8664.6 
(((((((((Ralph))))))))))

I wish I could do more than offer encouragement. You have a lot of people behind you. Hang in there

How many characters?

From: Jen (JenNipps) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/22/03 4:56 PM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (18 of 116) 
 8664.18 in reply to 8664.9 
It is extremely possible that you could.

I do transcription for some doctors who do Social Security Disability exams for my mom's company. (She's contracted with the state.)

In all honesty, more people are approved for depression than for most anything else.

Navigate this discussion: 1-8 9-18 19-28 29-38 ... 89-98 99-108 109-116
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.