POLITICS -  The Dangerous Social Media Overlords (9190 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: JEFF10307  (599 of 627) 
 8789.599 in reply to 8789.539 

May 12, 2022

100 Facts Elon Musk-Owned Twitter Should Now Allow People To Say

It’s only been a couple of days since Elon Musk officially took the Twitter reins completely, and already notable conservative accounts are seeing a remarkable spike in followers. ~~~~~~~ “Free speech haven” appears to be precisely Musk’s goal, though, so we have hope things will keep looking up. Here’s to no more “hateful content” warnings for pointing out the Y chromosome or saying the 2020 election wasn’t perfect. To that end, I’ve compiled 100 facts that censorious Democrats might not like but Musk-owned Twitter should let people tweet.

1. Boys and girls are different.

2. Ivermectin works.

4. Lockdowns caused more harm than good.

5. Hunter Biden’s laptop is real.

8. Rachel Levine is a man.

9. The 2020 election was rigged.

11. Preborn children are living humans.

15. Gas prices are Joe Biden’s fault.

17. Covid vaccines don’t keep you from getting the WuFlu.

18. Covid vaccines don’t keep you from spreading the WuFlu.

26. College is overrated.

Reply   Options 

To: Michael (APBAPengy) unread  (600 of 627) 
 Featured Message8789.600 in reply to 8789.599 

May 12, 2022

HUGE UPDATE: Tech Giants Are Censoring, Blacklisting and Banning Posts on the "2000 Mules" Ballot Trafficking Documentary Across Social Media Platforms

The virtual premiere for the movie ‘2000 Mules’ was held live from Las Vegas. In the film, Dinesh D’Souza and True the Vote provide answers and evidence of the stolen 2020 Election. The explosive documentary was released on Tuesday at select theaters across the nation.  

The movie “2000 Mules” proves through geo-tracking and video confirmation that Democrats used ballot trafficking to steal the 2020 election from President Donald Trump.  The national conspiracy involved every battleground state. THOUSANDS of Americans participated in the virtual premiere last night. On Sunday Morning True the Vote published this alarming post on their Facebook account.

Extremely important updateWe’ve received numerous reports of widespread censorship of posts about 2000 Mules across major social media platforms. Our website to help citizens engage in democracy and clean up the voter databases has been fully blacklisted on Facebook.

Instagram has reportedly been blacking out images from our premiere with POTUS 45 in Mar a Lago. TikTok is flagging accounts distributing video clips of last night’s premiere in Vegas for “inciting violence”. Twitter is shutting down accounts. Rumble came under “unprecedented attacks” trying to prevent the stream of the video. If this isn’t proof that big tech is absolutely terrified of America seeing the evidence we presented in this movie, we don’t know what is.

To: All  (601 of 627) 
 8789.601 in reply to 8789.600 

May 13, 2022

Twitter's top censor donated $18,000 to Democrats before shutting down the New York Post's laptop scoop for Joe Biden

This week, we've been introduced to a new breed of an old Stasi standby now in the United States: the intrusive political censor. Once the province of crummy, furtive, little gray-faced men, as depicted in "The Lives of Others," these modern day censors are now out and open as big social media stars, not even trying to hide their claims to being our political masters.

While Elon Musk, was decrying the censorship activities of Twitter's top corporate attorney Vijaya Gadde, and the latter famously bawled about her company's new owner, Joe Biden's secretary of Homeland Security, Alejandro Mayorkas, was introducing us to think tank regular Nina Jancowicz who made a bizarre Disney-tune singing video on TikTok as his new "Disinformation Governance Board" chief.

Neither of these characters have a claim to impartiality in their zeal to censor others in the name of halting "disinformation," both are clearly Democrat party hacks and tools. 

To: Impeach Xo Bai Den!! (ducky1988) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (602 of 627) 
 Featured Message8789.602 in reply to 8789.593 

May 16, 2022

“I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on Truth,” Trump told Fox News in April. “I hope Elon buys Twitter because he’ll make improvements to it, and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on Truth."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/elon-musk-issues-warning-on-twitter-algorithm-as-companys-legal-team-reaches-out_4467974.html?est=pXA1mKYiS84OUe87YHJo%2FuAQv9aAPpAXAwb9W7upTA8M7Me2sZgxgLZUdgPdCy4%3D

Elon Musk Issues Warning on Twitter Algorithm as Company’s Legal Team Reaches Out

Elon Musk warned Twitter users that they are “being manipulated” and told them to turn off the platform’s algorithmic newsfeed, coming as the firm’s legal department apparently said he committed a violation of a non-disclosure agreement.

“You are being manipulated by the algorithm in ways you do not realize … Easy to switch back and forth to see the difference,” Musk wrote on Twitter. The Tesla CEO advised other users to switch to seeing the latest Twitter posts immediately by tapping the Twitter home button, tapping the stars button on the upper right of the screen, and selecting “latest tweets.”

“I am not suggesting malice in the algorithm, but rather that it is trying to guess what you might want to read and, in doing so, inadvertently manipulate/ amplify your viewpoints without you realizing this is happening,” Musk continued in another post.

Musk announced his intentions to purchase Twitter on April 25 as he criticized the firm’s content moderation policies. Both he and Twitter said that Musk would attempt to purchase the firm for $44 billion, allowing him to take the platform private after the purchase.

But on May 13, the deal appeared to be on thin ice after Musk posted that the agreement was “on hold” after reports said that bots and automated accounts make up fewer than 5 percent of the overall users. Hours later, Musk confirmed that he is still committed to the purchase.

“Twitter (TWTR) legal just called to complain that I violated their NDA by revealing the bot check sample size is 100!” the billionaire wrote on Saturday, referring to a study on bots.

Musk posted early Sunday that he’s not seen any analysis that suggests that bots comprise fewer than 5 percent of Twitter accounts. He later said that “there is some chance it might be over 90 percent of daily active users.”

Meanwhile, Musk confirmed last week that he would allow President Donald Trump to return to Twitter after the deal is finished, although Trump has said he wouldn’t return to Twitter because he wants to stay on his Truth Social venture.

“I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on Truth,” Trump told Fox News in April. “I hope Elon buys Twitter because he’ll make improvements to it, and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on Truth."

To: All  (603 of 627) 
 8789.603 in reply to 8789.602 
  11911.29 in reply to 11911.28 

May 16, 2022

"It’s an order from a federal judge, and Twitter is going to have a hella time slithering out of it."

Judge Rules Against Twitter In Case Of Suspended Journalist Alex Berenson - "Next Comes Discovery"

Former New York Times Journalist Alex Berenson was suspended from Twitter after saying COVID vaccines don’t stop infection or transmission. Here is the tweet:

Berenson sued Twitter over this — and went to court on Thursday over the case.

From Fox News: Former New York Times reporter and “Pandemia” author Alex Berenson’s lawsuit against Twitter for banning him goes to court Thursday, he told Fox News. Berenson, whose work now appears on Substack, said he initially filed the lawsuit in December, and that it has survived Twitter’s motion-to-dismiss. “Our lawsuit, I think, is stronger than a lot of other lawsuits that have not survived the motion-to-dismiss stage,” he said Wednesday on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.” 

California judge William Alsup has allowed for the case to move forward and for “expedited & broad discovery” to take place. We’re going to find out Twitter’s reasoning behind banning Berenson.

From Alex Berenson Substack: - Suffice it to say that from our point of view the most crucial element is the expedited and broad discovery the decision demands. It’s not our request. It’s an order from a federal judge, and Twitter is going to have a hella time slithering out of it.

To: All  (604 of 627) 
 8789.604 in reply to 8789.603 

May 16, 2022

Republican AOC' Laura Loomer gains steam in congressional run

Laura Loomer Serves Facebook and Twitter with $10 Billion Lawsuits

Congressional candidate and canceled conservative Laura Loomer has been at war with Big Tech for years. She has complained, pulled publicity stunts, and exposed the draconian measures they’ve used against her. Now, she’s taken her fight to a whole new level. According to her press release:

This morning, after 18 months of work, I filed a $10 billion lawsuit against Facebook (Meta), Twitter, Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). The case was filed in the Northern District of California by my attorneys who are former Congressman Bob Barr, and Constitutional attorney John Pierce.

Former Congressman Barr led the Senate impeachment trial against Bill Clinton and was appointed by President Reagan to serve as the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia. John Pierce is a graduate of Harvard Law School and was one of only a handful of conservative editors in the history of the Harvard Law Review. Mr. Pierce has represented Carter Page, George Papadopoulus, and Kyle Rittenhouse among many others. He also currently represents more January 6th defendants than any other attorney in America.

This is the legal “dream team” to take on two of America’s most powerful corporations – and make no mistake, we will win

To: All  (605 of 627) 
 8789.605 in reply to 8789.604 

May 16, 2022

"Our goal and President Trump’s goal was to give the American people their voice back, and that’s what we’ve done... That’s why I think it’s so Orwellian, so dystopian, something you only see in dictatorships, that now they’re going to set up some type of disinformation board."

Devin Nunes promises to protect Truth Social users from Biden Disinformation Czar

Trump Media and Technology Group CEO Devin Nunes on Sunday slammed the Biden administration for creating a Disinformation Governance Board and promised to protect Truth Social users from being canceled on the platform.

"Our goal and President Trump’s goal was to give the American people their voice back, and that’s what we’ve done... That’s why I think it’s so Orwellian, so dystopian, something you only see in dictatorships, that now they’re going to set up some type of disinformation board. I think that’s a direct attack the on what we are doing at Truth Social because we can no longer be canceled," former California Republican Rep. Nunes told Fox News' Maria Bartiromo.

"We’re going to protect our user from this... phony government disinformation service," he said.

Nunes criticized Disinformation Governance Board head Nina Jankowicz as "some D-rated TikTok star that is the queen of disinformation herself on the Russia hoax and the laptop from hell."

Jankowicz, who served as a disinformation fellow at the Wilson Center, in 2020 voiced her beliefs that the since-proven-true Hunter Biden laptop story was false while the since-proven-false Steele dossier on Donald Trump was true.

Her appointment, Nunes said, is "the height of hypocrisy."

"I know they may want to do it and they're going to use the Department of Homeland Security to do it, but we’re not going to tolerate it," he said.

Nunes added that he would "love to go appear before the Senate" and discuss censorship on social media if the government tries to crack down on his platform.

Truth Social is growing in popularity, becoming the top free iOS app last week. 

To: All  (606 of 627) 
 8789.606 in reply to 8789.605 

May 16, 2022

Twitter founder Jack Dorsey now says he AGREES with Elon Musk about reinstating Trump

Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey has said he agrees with Elon Musk's decision to reverse a ban on Donald Trump on the platform - despite Dorsey being CEO when the decision was made.

Musk, who is in the process of completing his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter, on Tuesday revealed he intended to revoke the ban, calling it 'a morally bad decision and foolish in the extreme'.

Trump was banned from Twitter in January 2021, in response to his supporters storming the US Capitol and attempting to block the certification of Joe Biden's election victory. ~~~~~~~ 'I do agree,' Dorsey tweeted, pointing out that he supported bans for sharing content such as child sexual exploitation (CSE), but not generally. 

'There are exceptions (CSE, illegal behavior, spam or network manipulation, etc), but generally permanent bans are a failure of ours and don't work, which I wrote about here after the event (and called for a resilient social media protocol).'

'I do not celebrate or feel pride in our having to ban @realdonaldtrump from Twitter, or how we got here,' Dorsey said at the time.  'After a clear warning we’d take this action, we made a decision with the best information we had based on threats to physical safety both on and off Twitter.

'I believe this was the right decision for Twitter. We faced an extraordinary and untenable circumstance, forcing us to focus all of our actions on public safety. Offline harm as a result of online speech is demonstrably real, and what drives our policy and enforcement above all.' Dorsey added, in his lengthy thread, a caveat that the decision would need reevaluating. ~~~~~~~

On Tuesday, quizzed about his views by Axios's business editor Dan Primack, Dorsey said that he now regretted the call.

To: All  (607 of 627) 
 8789.607 in reply to 8789.606 

May 17, 2022

Twitter Is Still Ramping Up Efforts To Suppress Content

While the deal is not yet final, Elon Musk is buying Twitter and he’s promising to make changes to the platform, most notably by lessening the censorship that goes on behind the scenes.

While those of us who doomscroll the hellscape that is the bird app have seen some signs of life in response to Musk’s pledge — long-banned accounts being reinstated, dormant users returning, people on the right finally getting their blue checks — it increasingly seems like those still in charge want to leave as much of a mess for the next owner to clean up as possible.

An example of such began showing itself last week when podcaster Eliza Bleu sent her first op-ed to a friend and asked her to share it. When the friend opened the message, she was greeted with a warning stating “Message hidden due to suspicious content.”

So much for being a place “to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly without barriers. Our business and revenue will always follow that mission in ways that improve – and do not detract from – a free and global conversation.”

Bleu’s inaugural op-ed was about Twitter, but that doesn’t seem to be what triggered the algorithm, or person masquerading as an algorithm, as the article was more specifically about how Musk’s changes could help lessen child predators’ ability to use the app to share media showing sexual abuse. It was not a broadside against Twitter’s current modus operandi. It was not a call for digital anarchy. It wasn’t even that pro-Musk. Nonetheless, whatever algorithmic changes that have been rolled out in recent days caught her message. ~~~~~~~

While my friends, as well as Bleu’s, were able to view the message, this development is reminiscent of Twitter’s reaction to The New York Post’s reporting on Hunter Biden’s laptop. At the time, users could not only not tweet a link to the piece, they couldn’t even direct message it, content warning or otherwise. Jack Dorsey may have called that decision a mistake, but some of the coders behind the scenes evidently do not share that opinion, even today.

When announcing his acquisition of the company, Musk wrote, “Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated.” Today, with these subtle changes, Twitter is now still trying to not only limit debate but prevent friends from sharing their work with one another. ~~~~~~~

But since the rot is still deep within the company, seeking to control which conversations get to happen even now, Musk must channel one such banned user, roll in on day one, and tell a whole lot of employees, “You’re fired.” If he truly wants a digital town square, it’s the only way to remove the chains that a bunch of lefty nerds are trying to keep us in.

To: A_Mt_Man DelphiPlus Member Icon  (608 of 627) 
 8789.608 in reply to 8789.607 

May 18, 2022

It looks like Jack Dorsey knew when it was time to fly the coop and get as far away from Twitter and he could. Not far enough I should think. When the class action suits start hitting like meteors, I doubt there will be any safe havens for him. This may also turn out to have major ramifications on the power that is needed to drive the voter fraud legislation and lawsuits forward.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/twitter-facing-financial-nightmare-must-prove-didnt-lie-sec-filings-bots-5-elon-musk-waiting-newsweek-reports-biden-account-made-50-bots/

TWITTER FACING FINANCIAL NIGHTMARE – Must Prove It Didn’t Lie in SEC Filings About Bots Only 5% – Elon Musk Is Waiting – Newsweek Reports Biden Account Made Up of 50% Bots

Twitter is in a terrible position. 

It is facing potentially devastating lawsuits for claiming less than 5% of its users were fake or bots in its filings with the SEC.  To report lies to the SEC is enough to take down any company and cause it to go bankrupt.  If investors make decisions based on a company’s financials, which they do, if found to be false, a company could be taken out.

Earlier today we reported on the challenges Twitter has in reporting only 5% of its accounts are bots.  In 2017 we found that both President Trump and Hillary Clinton had millions of bots included in their list of followers, many more than 5%.

Musk tweeted moments ago claiming his offer was based on Twitter filing honest SEC records. Unfortunately for Twitter Newsweek reports that half of Joe Biden’s followers are bots.

Almost half of President Joe Biden's current 22.2 million followers on Twitter are fake accounts, according to an audit tool provided by software company SparkToro.

SparkToro’s tool found that 49.3 percent of accounts following the official @POTUS Twitter account are “fake followers” based on analysis of a number of factors, including location issues, default profile images and new users.

Navigate this discussion: 1-8 9-18 19-28 ... 579-588 589-598 599-608 609-618 619-627
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.