Requests-prayers,energy,etc, -  Start thinking good thoughts... (221 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (40 of 64) 
 9342.40 in reply to 9342.31 
Just sent out two more boxes today. They should arrive by next weekend.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Shotgun of The Short Path.

Get yours.

Reply   Options 

From: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/28/06 2:58 PM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (41 of 64) 
 9342.41 in reply to 9342.40 
Well thanks dude!

To: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (42 of 64) 
 9342.42 in reply to 9342.41 

Well, I said I'd send you stuff, didn't I? ;-p

Too bad the one box won't reach you in time for Halloween - it has hard candy in it.

Get yours.

From: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/8/06 12:14 AM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (43 of 64) 
 9342.43 in reply to 9342.42 

I just wanted to say thanks for all the reading material dude. I think I got enough now, lol. But thanks again. Especially the stuff by Robert E. Howard (I think the Cormac Mac Art stories may be some of the best I've read in a while). Unfortunately the spray bottle got here the day it turned cold and it's been rather nipply lately. I've been retreating to my office and hiding out most of the day to avoid having to go outside.

In other words, not much different than when it was hot, lol. But I'm keeping the bottle. It's pretty cool and I can use it when I go off roading in the So Cal deserts. Most thoughtful thing anyone's sent me so far!

To: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (44 of 64) 
 9342.44 in reply to 9342.43 
Glad you're enjoying the packages I sent. I heard a rumor that they're not feeding the troops right over there, is that true? If so, I could see about sending you some non-perishable food so you won't be as hungry.

Get yours.

From: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/8/06 7:45 AM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (45 of 64) 
 9342.45 in reply to 9342.44 

Where'd ya hear that? Probably same place I heard it before I left. I'll leave that subject alone. I know I heard a whole lotta crap about this place that was false and a lot of it was from the *cough* left *cough* side of the house (and I usually vote for them btw).

To be honest, the chow hall here is unreal. In fact, one of the biggest problems here is Marines becoming overweight. Everyone lives in air conditioned/heated trailers called "cans" with linen and furniture and 24 hour emergency service available in case something breaks. Hell, they even clean the porta-jon's at work on a daily basis. Shower trailers, flush toilets (at the "cans". Porta jons at work, to be clear), a chow hall that serves Baskin-Robins ice cream. KBR does a pretty good job here, at least where I'm at.  

Being stationed here has been an eye opener. It ain't that bad. The internet connectivity is testy, the phones ain't free and you have to buy a TV to have something to watch. The PX is pretty crappy.

But then I remind myself and my Marines ...it's a combat zone. It's also a base that's located just a few miles away from Falujah. All things considered, it's a decent existance here. Don't believe all the hype back home on the news or out of the mouths of nay sayers.

To: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (46 of 64) 
 9342.46 in reply to 9342.45 
All right, I'll pass the word on to my friends in the political forum. Be sure to let me know if there's anything else you need.

Get yours.

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9) unread  (47 of 64) 
 9342.47 in reply to 9342.4 

Greetings Bluehawk...

You have my vote if you want to run for office!

Many of us may not agree with this "war" but we will still support our troops. Then again if it is comprised of the men from the groups you just mentioned....I might have second thoughts about the support...roflmao.

And not only an address would be great but also email addresses of pagans that are serving over there.

Blessings

lj

From: *DZ* (Dark_DZ) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/8/06 11:53 PM 
To: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (48 of 64) 
 9342.48 in reply to 9342.45 

Hey man! I've been lurking along a bit reading your posts and I want to say thanks for the "eye opener" regarding conditions for y'all over there...and I'd like to also add a *THANK YOU* for serving; I know it's a really divisive issue but I have never had a problem being 150% behind the men and women who serve our country in times of peace and war while not necesarily agreeing with some of the decisions our "fearless leaders" sometimes make...

I'm sure you've heard about how the elections went down, and Rumsfeld's rather abrupt resignation but all that aside, as a *cough* "left-leaning, environmental-wacko" living on the "left-coast" *cough* my thoughts and prayers are with you and those serving with you to defend our country...An honest, heartfelt *GOODONYA* brother...

To: *DZ* (Dark_DZ) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (49 of 64) 
 9342.49 in reply to 9342.48 

Greetings DZ...

Well said! Totally agree with your post. Being from a military family...yes my #### did wear combat boots and she also had needles (she was a WAC), there could be some heated discussions regarding conflicts..lol I was told that I should go to college to obtain my degree and then go in as CO not non Com...went to college, got a degree and also got married (was my dad thrilled -being an unmarried Italian daughter at 21 was not something that the family was proud of in those days. Oh the Gods were laughing at the planned life that I had...roflmao.

As I said before...email addresses would be nice if you could get them Sumerian. I will check with DZ about your address. I have tons of books that I can send :D I am thinking anything but romance novels would be acceptable :D

Blessings

xoxoxoxoxox

lj

Navigate this discussion: 1-9 10-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-59 60-64
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.