Requests-prayers,energy,etc, -  Start thinking good thoughts... (208 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (46 of 64) 
 9342.46 in reply to 9342.45 
All right, I'll pass the word on to my friends in the political forum. Be sure to let me know if there's anything else you need.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Shotgun of The Short Path.

Get yours.

Reply   Options 

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9) unread  (47 of 64) 
 9342.47 in reply to 9342.4 

Greetings Bluehawk...

You have my vote if you want to run for office!

Many of us may not agree with this "war" but we will still support our troops. Then again if it is comprised of the men from the groups you just mentioned....I might have second thoughts about the support...roflmao.

And not only an address would be great but also email addresses of pagans that are serving over there.

Blessings

lj

From: *DZ* (Dark_DZ) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/8/06 11:53 PM 
To: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (48 of 64) 
 9342.48 in reply to 9342.45 

Hey man! I've been lurking along a bit reading your posts and I want to say thanks for the "eye opener" regarding conditions for y'all over there...and I'd like to also add a *THANK YOU* for serving; I know it's a really divisive issue but I have never had a problem being 150% behind the men and women who serve our country in times of peace and war while not necesarily agreeing with some of the decisions our "fearless leaders" sometimes make...

I'm sure you've heard about how the elections went down, and Rumsfeld's rather abrupt resignation but all that aside, as a *cough* "left-leaning, environmental-wacko" living on the "left-coast" *cough* my thoughts and prayers are with you and those serving with you to defend our country...An honest, heartfelt *GOODONYA* brother...

To: *DZ* (Dark_DZ) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (49 of 64) 
 9342.49 in reply to 9342.48 

Greetings DZ...

Well said! Totally agree with your post. Being from a military family...yes my #### did wear combat boots and she also had needles (she was a WAC), there could be some heated discussions regarding conflicts..lol I was told that I should go to college to obtain my degree and then go in as CO not non Com...went to college, got a degree and also got married (was my dad thrilled -being an unmarried Italian daughter at 21 was not something that the family was proud of in those days. Oh the Gods were laughing at the planned life that I had...roflmao.

As I said before...email addresses would be nice if you could get them Sumerian. I will check with DZ about your address. I have tons of books that I can send :D I am thinking anything but romance novels would be acceptable :D

Blessings

xoxoxoxoxox

lj

To: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (50 of 64) 
 9342.50 in reply to 9342.45 
Thinking of you today.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (51 of 64) 
 9342.51 in reply to 9342.46 
Which political forum do you go to Ralph?

To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (52 of 64) 
 9342.52 in reply to 9342.51 
Hot Topics. I told them about Sumer, but they didn't want to believe me. Figured he was working in the Green Zone or something. Ah, well. I guess the rightwings aren't the only ones with nutjobs. ;-)

Get yours.

From: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/11/06 2:09 PM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (53 of 64) 
 9342.53 in reply to 9342.52 

Hot topics huh? Hmm. Never been there. Least I don't think I have ...If it's any consolation I went to a right wing nutball forum a few years back called "Breaking News" (DON'T EVER GO THERE) and they didn't even believe I was a Marine at all because I disagreed with every single thing they said.

So some left wing guys think I'm lying about the good conditions? Tell them to look up Camp Taqaddum. I have no reason to lie. Now camp Habaniya right across the way from here, yeah that's a whole different story. They don't even have a chowhall. I never said the conditions were great everywhere. They're not exactly great here but considering everything I heard and then considering I'm in a warzone, yeah, this place is pretty slack.

Actually, some of the letters I've read in Stars&Stripes have said the green zone guys don't even have real PX's. We have a nice one over here on the other side of the base.

You'll find in politics, both sides have become polarized. You're probably dealing with the kind of progressive voters that were cheering on election day and talking about celebrating with "A big fat doob man! Yeah!" Yeah, those kind. The left over hippies that make it that much harder for the left side of the aisle to ever be taken seriously.

Ooooo....I'm ranting. I better shush now.

To: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (54 of 64) 
 9342.54 in reply to 9342.53 
Well, for starters, it's the forum owner I've been talking with, and she seems to think your camp is one of the ones where the big brass hang out, that's why you have it so good there. She's more inclined to think that things are less than ideal for most of the other military personnel.

Get yours.

To: JCP (SumerianWolf) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (55 of 64) 
 9342.55 in reply to 9342.53 

Glad to hear things are going good.

I hear you with the political game. Some folks are a little too wedded to their preconceptions.

Hopefully, we will have an exit strategy before much longer.

I also hope you passed on that message to your squad. I have yet to see a Marine that can stand up to me when I get pissed off.

Navigate this discussion: 1-5 6-15 16-25 26-35 36-45 46-55 56-64
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.