Requests-prayers,energy,etc, -  Fires out west... (87 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: *DZ* (Dark_DZ) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/5/07 1:57 PM 
To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon  (11 of 19) 
 9363.11 in reply to 9363.10 
*LOL* Yep! It's political paralyzation, the politicians are scared to death of rattling anyone in the Ag and housing industries (which are sometimes even at odds with one another) and we're always hearing how many MORE people are going to move to CA over the next 20 years (saying like 50 million will live here??)...oh we vote alright, but it doesn't do a helluva lotta good...unfortunately...I'll probably run away from this state sometime in the future... =(

Reply   Options 

To: *DZ* (Dark_DZ) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (12 of 19) 
 9363.12 in reply to 9363.11 

Government in general is just not very responsive. Look at the President. He's supposed to enforce federal law. But he doesn't do squat about protecting our borders.

I think we should go to single-terms for every politician.

From: *DZ* (Dark_DZ) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/5/07 7:35 PM 
To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon  (13 of 19) 
 9363.13 in reply to 9363.12 
Here here! ...and not only that, if *ANYONE* gets Federal funds to run then *ANYONE* who runs should get Federal money...it's only fair cuz I'm tired of the same old yahoos getting MY cash and screwing us over once they've won office!

To: *DZ* (Dark_DZ) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (14 of 19) 
 9363.14 in reply to 9363.13 

My solution about getting getting federal funds for running is that no one gets any federal funding. You run and, maybe, get elected to an office. If you do, that's that. You have a few years to serve. It's not a career.

Can you run for some higher office? Yep. But, for one term. No running for reelection. A Plumber or school teacher or truck driver gets elected, that's just how things are. No more professional politicians.

From: *DZ* (Dark_DZ) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/6/07 2:13 PM 
To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon  (15 of 19) 
 9363.15 in reply to 9363.14 

I always thought it would be fun to have a "random draw of all eligible Americans" (ie natural born, over 35, not felony yada yada)...every 4 years we would have a wonderful TV show where the computer spit out names of the president, vice president, Secretaries of Agriculture, Interior etc, emissaries, heads of departments what-have-you...of course judges would still need to be selected cuz I can't imagine what THAT would be like if they were randomly selected too!! *LOL*

"Hey look! Jane Fonda was selected as Secretary of State!" Can you see the heads exploding already?? *LMAO*

To: *DZ* (Dark_DZ) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (16 of 19) 
 9363.16 in reply to 9363.15 

Randomly drawn? What an interesting idea! My first response is 'How could we do worse than what we have?'

I would seriously consider randomly drawn candidates. Then debates and an election.

From: Buck Dharwin (Byff1) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/8/07 1:19 AM 
To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon  (17 of 19) 
 9363.17 in reply to 9363.16 

There'd have to be some sort of escape clause, though.  It'd have to be at least as easy as jury duty to weasel out of, else we'd have a lot of folks phoning in their campaigns, effectively wasting any funds involved.

To: Buck Dharwin (Byff1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (18 of 19) 
 9363.18 in reply to 9363.17 

There'd have to be some sort of escape clause, though.  It'd have to be at least as easy as jury duty to weasel out of, else we'd have a lot of folks phoning in their campaigns, effectively wasting any funds involved.

If they phone-in their campaigns, that's their choice. People would choose based upon whatever the candidates presented. Maybe, there could be a "Nobody" option. If "Nobody" got most of the votes; we could have another election for that position.

From: Buck Dharwin (Byff1) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/8/07 7:05 PM 
To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon  (19 of 19) 
 9363.19 in reply to 9363.18 

If they phone-in their campaigns, that's their choice.
<<

Yeah, but does that give them the right to squander federal funds on a deliberately-shoddy campaign?

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-19
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.