UAESol

Web hosting Support

Hosted by UAESol

Any question about the dedicated hosing servers, VPS servers, shared web hosting and ccTLD can be asked here. Discus your hosting related problems and have a perfect solution here.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Screaming wash machine, repair or replace?

Started Jul-2 by black1Star; 41 views.
black1Star

Jul-2

Recently our 10 years old Kenmore Elite, SM 9710803-A washer started screaming when enterting spin cycle. The noise is horribly sharp and loud, it lasts a few minutes then disappears.

The washer has been repaired twice. The 1st time we replaced agitator when it started damaging clothes. We were told that we put sharp items in the washer that caused burs on the agitator, we throught we never did but admitted nontheless. The 2nd time the washer quit. We were told that we should not set the water level in between two water level indicators. DH loved to do that, the repair bill cured this habbit. We are not crazy about the washer, but it gets the job done.

May I ask is this an expensive problem to fix? DH wants to get a new washer since it is 10 years old. I suspect the thought of dealing with Sears repair department gives him incentive of buying a new machine elsewhere. Yet after reading reviews of wash machines of different models under various brands, I am thinking may be it is worthwhile to fix and keep this one.

Any feedback will be very appreciated.

Lucifer656

Jul-2

SM 9710803-A is not a model number. If you found the number on the lid, top deck, control panel, rear panel, etc., it's a vendor production number for that single part. Agitator infers toploader, but there's more than one mechanical design under the Kenmore Elite branding so I can't accurately answer without the model.

A screeching noise at the start of spin (presumably during basket acceleration) that eases when full speed is reached may be related to the spin clutch or brake, basket drive block being worn, or bearings. Does a similar noise occur when the basket brakes to a stop at end of spin?

kotlyarkolya

Jul-2

I know great guys who work 24 to 7. They will help you repair any household appliances for more information here . If your speakers are in contact with them they will help you find the model number the cause of the failure and help you fix it. And most importantly, it is inexpensive.