3629 messages in 192 discussions
Latest Sep-19 by AEGram
2098 messages in 62 discussions
8650 messages in 572 discussions
5509 messages in 474 discussions
3685 messages in 83 discussions
3143 messages in 100 discussions
20486 messages in 1306 discussions
3407 messages in 75 discussions
62786 messages in 17 discussions
742 messages in 70 discussions
6046 messages in 673 discussions
5880 messages in 19 discussions
1468 messages in 88 discussions
142 messages in 3 discussions
943 messages in 15 discussions
Here begins a very unique section of the game that bears its own explanation. I considered adding this section at the beginning with the other narrative, but felt it would make more sense and be less confusing if it were explained here where it actually happens.
The Ghostly Chest mentioned here is a ZZ that is located on the Dark Portal location. (It is a golden chest located at the top of the steps just below the actual portal.) To get there:
* Go to the Dark Tower
* Enter the door behind Anabel (you will be in the Dark Tower Hall)
* Enter the door at the top of the steps behind the Iron Knight (you will be in the Guest Room)
* Enter the door on the right when going up the steps (you will be in the Laboratory)
* Enter the tunnel in the Laboratory Floor (you will be at the Dark Portal)
You need 1 crafted Keys of Fate to open the Ghostly Chest. The components for the Keys of Fate are:
50 Destiny Keys
1 Rare Stamp
2 Unusual Stamps
5 Plain Stamps
The Destiny Keys are secured by doing “side quests” that are introduced at various places in the game. (Characters offering side quests will have a blue exclamation point over their head.) At the very end of Level 68 to the last quest of Level 71, the characters will also give you a Destiny Key in addition to the coins and experience points for completing their tasks.
The GAME will require you to craft the Keys of Fate three times:
1. During Level 69, you unlock the Ghostly Chest for Prof. Pinfeathers and receive the Portal Activator.
2. During Level 70, you will be required to provide a Keys of Fate and 15,000 coins to open the Cargo Hold for Pete.
3. During Level 71, Lord Chamberlain will send you to the Ghostly Chest from which you will get the Ocean Guide.
After you get the Portal Activator from the Ghostly Chest, if you use the “i” to look inside the Chest you will see the Rainbow Dragon (an Exclusive Pet). There are a total of 4 Exclusive Pets: Rainbow Dragon, Sea Serpent, Fire Dragon, and Woolly-Paw. At no time are you sent to the Ghostly Chest during game play to get these pets. There is absolutely no mention of their existence while playing the Game, either. Someone just got curious and looked inside. They then shared what they discovered.
Some additional info about the Side Quests:
1. They appear during the above mentioned times in the game when you are asked to craft the Keys of Fate so you can collect them for that crafting.
2. They go away/are temporarily disabled shortly after you either use the Keys of Fate or complete the Pinfeather’s set of quests in which you are required to craft it. How long they stay varies each time.
3. IF you have less than 50 Destiny Keys when the GAME asks you to craft the Keys of Fate to open the Ghostly Chest, your pets will give you Destiny Keys in their pet chests when you feed them.
4. There are usually 7-8 characters offering the side quests when they are activated.
5. When doing the side quests, you would want to open the quest for each character because there’s some overlapping…..if two characters send you to the same location, one visit will satisfy both characters.
6. Side quests only become available after Level 71 at the points where players were waiting for new content to be released. Sometimes they show up a few tasks before the last task of the old content and sometimes it’s only on that last task. Generally, though, when you accept the first task of the new material, they are disabled until the next update was issued to players.
7. The location/task where new content was released is marked in the character quests after Level 71. (These markings should not be confused with the “download next chapter” notations that occur at various points of the game.)
8. Once you get your first Exclusive Pet from the Ghostly Chest, the Exclusive Pet food is also unlocked. It will then come randomly at HOS completion as does the regular pet food. You should maintain at least 20 bags of it in inventory to encourage the game to continue to give it regularly.
9. The Rainbow Dragon is the first pet you will get when returning to the Ghostly Chest. The other 3 come out randomly. Sometimes when players went back to the Ghostly Chest to get one of those remaining pets, they got the 5-bags of Exclusive Food instead.
10. Once you have completed Levels 69 – 71 AND have collected all four of the pets, there is absolutely no necessity to continue doing side quests or to return to the Ghostly Chest for the Exclusive Food.
11. It is important to have no side quests activated/opened when proceeding with character quests in the new content. Some players have not been able to continue in the game when they have had a side quest open for a character when this character is the first one to whom the new content sends you. If this happens, only Big Fish technical support can assist with getting the game to allow you to proceed.
Henry - Astral Protection (750) & Seal of Obedience (800)
Henry - Ancestor's Spirit (no coin) & Eternal Light (500) -- at the end of this quest, the first "side quest" is presented. See narrative above.
Anabel - Heiress Regalia & Steel Defender
Anabel - Iron Knight (4 tasks) & Magma Sphere
Knight - Eternity Flow (3000) & Nature Force (3000)
Knight - Peacemaker (3100) & Sabre of the Avenger (3600)
Knight - Ageless Guardian (4000) & Knight's Banner (1300)
Knight - Almighty Luck (1700) & Demonic Whip (800)
Anabel - Flame Loop & Big Eye
Anabel - Militiaman's Helmet & Soaring Cold
Chamberlain - Open: Portal Guard (10,000) & Check the Headstone
Chamberlain - Open: Ancient Scrolls (8000) & Examine the Antique Globe
Chamberlain - Open: Living Crystal (12,000) & Explore the Old Turnstile
Chamberlain - Valeria (5 tasks) & Innkeeper (4 tasks)
Valeria - Explore Overgrown Pond & Check out Potion Shop
Valeria - Look in Train Cabin & Go to Flying Boat
Valeria - Examine Passenger Car & Examine Reconstruction Site
Valeria - Look in Fabric Counter & Check the Old Fireplace
Valeria - Check Medicine Cabinet & Explore the Statue in the Thicket
Innkeeper - Crown of Justice (600) & Amulet of Challenge (1000)
Innkeeper - Key to Wisdom (2500) & Traveler's Diary (3500)
Innkeeper - Dearest Wish (2500) & Moon Bloom (4000)
Innkeeper - Ominous Trophy (2000) & Cursed Doll (2000)
Chamberlain - Explore Sphinx's Paw & Look in Source Torch
Chamberlain - Examine Tree Face & Look in Glass Painting
You get the Portal Activator when you craft Keys of Fate (2000) to Open: Ghostly Chest (5000).
Pinfeathers - Arabella (4 tasks) & Use Portal Activator to unlock the portal
Arabella - Seal of the Guardian (3000) & Mirror of Clear Sight (800)
Arabella - Tiara of Rapacious Age (2500) & Crafty Leprechaun (800)
Arabella - Keeper of the Castle (3 tasks) & Seal of Prayer (700)
Keeper - Check Desk Drawer & Look at Musical Box
Keeper - Check Ancient Scrolls & Look in Crystal Ball
Keeper - Look in Telescope & Explore Dragon Head
Arabella - Monster of the Dawn (no coin) & Pendant of Sympathy (1000) When click on repaired Portal Activator, it leads you through the Portal. Unlock: Harbor (no coin) <-- Side quests are temporarily disabled when clicking "complete" at the end of this quest.
Cost Level 69 = 86,450 coins
Stamps: 68 Plain, 42 Unusual, 59 Rare, 37 Unique
Pinfeathers - Look around Harbor & Lighthouse Keeper (3 tasks)
Lighthouse Keeper - Vampire's Palm & Poisonous Flower
Lighthouse Keeper - Chain of Blood Rubies & Cannonball
Lighthouse Keeper - Unlock: Captain's Bridge (Level 69; 15,000) for Skull Pete (2 tasks) & Wizard's Ball
Pete - Dragon of Eternity & Wind Dance
Pete - Protector of the Oppressed & Wolf Scowl
Pinfeathers - Lighthouse Keeper (4 tasks)
Lighthouse Keeper - Open: Overturned Boat (6000) & Look in Bar Counter
Lighthouse Keeper - Check Elfish Bas-Relief & Examine Broken Statue
Lighthouse Keeper - Look in Scroll Storage & Look in Warden's Office
Lighthouse Keeper - Unlock: Lighthouse (Level 69; 15,000) to Open: Lighthouse Keeper's Desk (8000) & Look in Castle Armory
Pinfeathers - Skull Pete (4 tasks); Arabella (3 tasks); Innkeeper (3 tasks)
Pete - Search Hold of Ship -- Unlock: Cargo Hold [Level 70; 15,000 & Keys of Fate (2000)] & Open: Battle Trophy (5000) -- Side quests are temporarily disabled when this quest is completed.
Pete - Open: Pirate Loot (5000) for Mark of a Victim to Open: Cannon(5000) & Star Dust
Pete - Open: Armory (7000) & Jolly Roger
Pete - Open: Fishing Net (5000) for Sea Devil to Open: Lantern (5000) & Lost Page
Arabella - Examine Rune Altar & Look in Six-Paw
Arabella - Search Paper Lantern & Visit Fire Altar
Arabella - Search Astral Lamp & Wish Master
Innkeeper - Color of Fern & Rainbow Stone
Innkeeper - Check the Flower & Examine Elf Potions
Innkeeper - Search Forest Lantern & Silver Actinia
(Level 70 continued next post)
LEVEL 70, continued
Pinfeathers - Lord Chamberlain (4 tasks) & Use Lighthouse Heart to light the Lighthouse
Chamberlain - Book of Dancing Shadows (1900) & Binding Fate (200)
Chamberlain - Folio (4000) & Manuscript of Resurrection (2500)
Chamberlain - Writing Piece & Book of Wisdom (4000)
Chamberlain - 100 Magic Shards & Cube of Fortune (no coin) -- Activating the Lighthouse Heart repairs the Lighthouse light. You do not get another "goal" immediately to repair.
Pinfeathers - Skull Pete (3 tasks)
Pete - Innkeeper (3 tasks) & Iron Knight (4 tasks)
Innkeeper - Forest Sounds (3600) & Wreath of Fear (3500)
Innkeeper - Thicket Keeper (no coin) & Idol for Rock Master (3000)
Innkeeper - Elixir of Immortality (2400) & Forgotten Relic (3500)
Knight - Check Writing Corner & Check Secret Slab
Knight - Impenetrable & Sword of Law
Knight - Open: Boatswain's Bag (12,000) for Hero Belt & Lily Shield
Knight - Warrior Power (3000) & Example of Bravery (3500)
Cost Level 70 = 140,100 coins
Stamps: 73 Plain, 74 Unusual, 1 Rare, 4 Unique
Pete - Lord Chamberlain (3 tasks) & Henry the Archeologist (4 tasks)
Chamberlain - Card of Destiny (250) & Crafty Leprechaun (800)
Chamberlain - Flask of Miracles (2200) & Golden Chest (2800)
Chamberlain - Ice Breath (2800) & Lord of Water (2800)
Henry - Examine Sphinx's Paw & Look in Three Monks
Henry - Look in The Bag & Check the Birdcage
Henry - Check Mirror Obelisk & Check Cloak Room
Henry - Examine Mystic Fountain & Look in Ancient Scrolls
Pete - Anabel (3 tasks) & Valeria (4 tasks)
Anabel - Look in Cenotaph & Dig in Bas-relief
Anabel - Great Anvil & Sun Wings
Anabel - Check Donation Box & Look in Mailbox
Valeria - Drop of Time (2600) & Seal of the Guardian (3000)
Valeria - Stone Light (3800) & Baton of Swiftness (2600)
Valeria - Real Power (4500) & Golden Coin (2800)
Valeria - Ageless Guardian (4000) & Secret Oppresser (4000)
Pinfeathers - Lord Chamberlain (3 tasks) & Lighthouse Keeper (4 tasks)
Chamberlain - Open: Rusty Safe (7000) & Check Dragon Head
Chamberlain - Look in Ghostly Chest [Keys of Fate (2000)] & Check Floating Barrel -- get Ocean Guide (next item to repair) from the Ghostly Chest -- NOTE: Side Quests go away when you use the Keys of Fate, but then continue with the next set of Pinfeathers quests. When the last piece of the Ocean Guide is attached, the side quests stop.
Chamberlain - Anabel (3 tasks) & Open: Sunken Chest (8000)
Anabel - Check Glass Painting & Check Gnome Road Sign
Anabel - Fairy Dust & Web of Lies
Anabel - Warlock's Ritual & Bloody Tooth
Lighthouse Keeper - Wild Necklace (560) & Burden of Obedience (2700)
Lighthouse Keeper - Blessing Pendant (200) & Time Flow (1400)
Lighthouse Keeper - Buckle of Full Moon (1100) & Emerald Tablet (1000)
Lighthouse Keeper - Vulture's Claw (2340) & Bouquet of Fear and Dust (1800)
(Level 71 continued next post)
LEVEL 71, continued
Pinfeathers - Skull Pete (3 tasks); Innkeeper (4 tasks) & give the Ocean Guide to the pirate when all is ready
Pete - Check Boatswain's Bag & Open: Ship Compass (8000)
Pete - Open: Pulley (7000) & Look in Gnome Safe
Pete - Send Airship (4x) & Simple Food (10x)
Note: Pete is asking for 10 bags of Simple Food. He is not asking for you to feed a pet with this type of food.
Innkeeper - Open: Wall Clock (6000) & Look through Portal Guard
Innkeeper - Open: Barrel Organ (8000) & Look in Book of Knowledge
Innkeeper - Examine Cauldron & Check Column of the Fallen
Innkeeper - Open: Ship Model (7000) & Examine Mechanical Semaphore -- You stop getting Destiny Keys with each character quest at this point.
When you give the Ocean Guide to the pirate, the ship “sails” and it ends up at a "forgotten city" -- Unlock: Atlantis; Gates to Atlantis (no coin)
Cost Level 71 = 103,050 coins
Stamps: 51 Plain, 60 Unusual, 26 Rare, 14 Unique
Pinfeathers - Look around this new land & Lydia (4 tasks)
Lydia - Look at Battle Trophy & Look in Wall Clock
Lydia - Open: Mermaid's Junk (7000) & Look in Living Crystal
Lydia - Look in Overturned Boat & Look in Ship Compass
Lydia - Look in Armory & Open: Vessel of Tears (5000)
Pinfeathers - Valeria (5 tasks); Innkeeper (4 tasks); Lydia (4 tasks)
Valeria - Look in Pirate Ship & Check Tree of Knowledge
Valeria - Unlock: Watery Bridge (Level 72; 5000) to Open: Statue Ruins (7000) & Check the Confessional
Valeria - Look in Doll Showcase & Check Mermaid's Junk
Valeria - Examine Griffin Stall & Look in Rock Tree
Valeria - Check Blacksmith & Examine Office
Innkeeper - Look in Cannon & Check Ancient Scrolls
Innkeeper - Examine Boatswain's Bag & Check the Telescope
Innkeeper - Open: Exotic Beast (5000) & Don't ignore Barrel Organ
Innkeeper - Examine Vessel of Tears & Look in Rusty Safe
Lydia - Weather Forecaster (3000) & Key to Wisdom (2500)
Lydia - Sea Howl (2000) & Ominous Trophy (2000)
Lydia - Explorer Beneath the Depths (2000) & Warrior Power (3000)
Lydia - Small Joy (2000) & Open: War Elephant (7000)
Pinfeathers - Lydia (4 tasks)
Lydia - Touch of Greatness & Atlas's Archfather
Lydia - Open: Solar System Model (5000) & Attentive Stare
Lydia - Ambrosia & Celestial Wanderer
Lydia - Open: Stash in Moss (5000) & Sunrise
(Level 72 continued next post)