746 messages in 71 discussions
Latest 9/24/19 by TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)
2104 messages in 63 discussions
8687 messages in 574 discussions
5533 messages in 480 discussions
3692 messages in 83 discussions
3160 messages in 101 discussions
20507 messages in 1307 discussions
3630 messages in 193 discussions
3408 messages in 75 discussions
62891 messages in 17 discussions
6071 messages in 679 discussions
5880 messages in 19 discussions
1481 messages in 89 discussions
124 messages in 2 discussions
943 messages in 15 discussions
I play in windowed mode and I use the Snipping Tool to capture whatever part of the screen I want. Then, depending on what I want to post, I paste the pic into Word and "adjust" it...size, brightness, sharpness, etc.
On my version of Windows 10, it is the windows key and g to bring up the menu for a picture (screenshot) or a video.
I'm not sure I'm doing this right by using reply. I have several questions.
1. What is the object of the challenges? I never get past the third challenge.
2. What is the object of changing avatars?
3. Is there any way to buy what is needed? You can buy a gift.
4. What is the object of changing objects in the special rooms?
I guess I'm old and a bit dense.
1. Challenges can get you up to 3 new avatars and they are a change to the MC routine. Most players enjoy them but some don't and ignore them.
2. It is a matter of personal preference foremost. Some people, including me, think that the choice of avatar has an influence on your chances at the dice table.
3. You can buy items you are supposed to get for ZZ and crafting with diamonds. Same goes for the catching devices during the seasonal events. You can also buy furniture in the room - some with shards, others with coins or diamonds. You can also buy amulets during seasonal events, some for a lot of coins, not sure if all.
4. Again a matter of personal taste. But there is a glitch that can lead to your friends not seeing the room you chose last unless you also made a small change to the furniture. During events that could mean that our friends can't play the HOS in the event room.
Thank you. I'm still trying to figure out how to save MC to a flash drive. I get so far and then I'm stuck. I worry about my computer crashing or something else happening.
If you only COPY and don't MOVE files then you need not worry.
Copy the MC shell folder and the MC progress folder to a flash drive.
The MC progress files live in:
C:\users\user\AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\Midnight Castle
The MC game shell files are in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Midnight Castle
You can get there either by unhiding the folders or by clicking on your Windows start button. Choose run and type/copy the above into your run line. (Replace user with your windows user-name.)
Another dumb question. What is going on with Valeria Steiner? I've done at least 40 tasks in a row for her and each time receive 20 coins and a fancy blue key. How long does that go on and what is the object? Do you happen to know?
Go here and begin with message 158, it should answer your question...………...
At certain stages in the game several characters (not just Valeria) offer blue key quests. In the first instances they are part of the main quest. With the Destiny Keys (blue keys) you can craft the Keys of Fate. With them you can open the Ghostly Chest in the Dark Tower. If you get more keys you can open the chest again without being send to it as the chest is the only way to get the four exclusive pets.
At later stages these side quests appear again for a short time. Some players like to do them for gifting keys or for getting ZZ items (especially during castle challenges or for Trina's quests). Others ignore them once they have all the pets.