Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Why Czoe thinks I hate Earl Warren   America - all of it

Started Sep-6 by CamGeary; 630 views.
CamGeary

Sep-6

A couple of brief mentions of facts from before Warren got on the Court and now I'm listed as a "Warren-hater", I wonder what the interned Japanese thought of the governor, who burst with enthusiasm over their ethnic cleansing?

Also, check this article out (it's from the LA Times, so the Party will let you read it): https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-05-26/la-me-col1-battle-santa-monica-bay  since the Rex was in international waters where Warren and the California cops had no jurisdiction, the "raid" was actually piracy rather than police business...

• Edited September 6, 2021 10:45 am  by  CamGeary
MEDDLY

Sep-6

Off Topic (sorry):

<<<When you think about what popularized Las Vegas and made it what it is today, I think credit is due to Tony Cornero.

AL STEFAN>>>

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-05-26/la-me-col1-battle-santa-monica-bay

So it wasn't mobster Bugsy Siegel who "made" Las Vegas what it's today?

In reply toRe: msg 2
CamGeary

Sep-6

What a great article...

CzoeMC

Sep-12

"Statute of limitations, or else stop reading the New York Times, which referred to "hook-nosed Jews" on at least one occasion in the early 20th century, and stop venerating Earl Warren, former #1 cheerleader for interning the Japanese during The War..."

This is what you posted to me, in the "Fix Racism?  " thread.

Nowhere had the topic of Earl Warren, the New York Times, or Jewish people were mentioned by me, who had just entered the fray a day or so before.

Just a typical Repub "red herring" thrown into the conversation, to steer it where you want to go, but I'm not playing that game.

I have NO IDEA why you hate Earl Warren. Why don't you enlighten us?

• Edited September 13, 2021 2:28 am  by  CzoeMC
In reply toRe: msg 4
CzoeMC

Sep-12

Tell us all about the Japanese internment camps, please.

I hope that you can compare the (both) hideous accommodations with those on the southern border?

*Just keeping it modern

• Edited September 12, 2021 1:53 am  by  CzoeMC
In reply toRe: msg 4
CamGeary

Sep-13

I do not hate Warren but despise his support of internment of American citizens (whereas non-citizen Japanese were interned quite justly as enemy aliens) and have nothing but contempt for the raid on the "Rex"...

In reply toRe: msg 5
CamGeary

Sep-13

The people in the camps are here illegally; game, set, match...

CzoeMC

Sep-15

You can participate in your own self inflicted arguments about Warren. 

I however, am not going to join in your masturbation like Q theories. 

In reply toRe: msg 8
CamGeary

Sep-15

CzoeMC said...

I however, am not going to join in your masturbation like Q theories. 

Why would you? You have vivid fantasies of your own...