Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Flash drive   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started 6/13/19 by RavenofGA; 506 views.
RavenofGA

6/13/19

Is it possible to save a game on a flash drive?

Raven of Ga (Janice)

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

6/13/19

Howdy Janice!

For PC:

There are a coupla ways to find the AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\Midnight Castle Folders.

1.  What I do is go to PC Settings, search for Folder Options, then check:

Show All Files, Folders and Drives (or words like that, depending on your version of Windows)

and

Show Hidden Folders (or words like that, depending on your version of Win)

Then click your Start Button, Open your User (at the top of the Start Menu Popup)

AppData should be right there in the lineup.

Open AppData

Open Roaming

You will find the Elephant Games Folder.  This is where your MC Progress 'lives'

Oh and while AppData is open, I make a Shortcut for the Roaming Folder.  Right click on the Roaming Folder and about 2/3 down on the popup menu you will see Send to Desktop (make a Shortcut)

2.  Go to This PC, C:Drive, Users, User Name you want to get into, AppData.

If you are using this 2nd method, you DO have access to whichever User/MC Game  you are trying to back up.  Since I have so many Castles/Users/MC Games going, I don't use this method, because I might forget which one I'm trying to back up/Rename.  

Maybe with only TWO Users/MC Games going you won't run into that confusion.  But if you are backing up more than ONE Castle, the computer will overwrite a previous Folder with the same name.  So I ALWAYS Rename.  Does that make sense?

I just find it easier to backup my 13 Castles ONE AT A TIME, just after exiting that particular Castle, copy/paste the Elephant Games Folder FIRST to my Desktop, Rename the backup of the Elephant Games Folder, like:

Elephant Games Dhyani June 7

Then copy THAT Renamed/Dated Elephant Games Folder to a Flash Drive.

When Restoring your Game yourself, remove the wonky Elephant Games Folder from AppData Roaming.  (I put it in the Trash) 

Copy/paste your good backup of the Elephant Games Folder into AppData\Roaming.

You MUST remember to edit the good backup copy of the Elephant Games Folder to remove any Renaming you did.  The MC Shell will NOT recognize it if it says anything other than Elephant Games. I edit the Elephant Games Folder AFTER I copy/paste it into AppData\Roaming.

Hope that Helps!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

RavenofGA

6/13/19

Yes!  It helps a lot.  I always wondered if the game could be saves to a flash drive.  Amazon has them on sale today soooo, thought I'd ask.  Thanks so much!

In reply toRe: msg 3
Di (amina046)

6/13/19

Waaaaaaaaw I am stuck in a loop. 4 days running I get the same DQ "Competition"

I am so bored with it, I might need a breakdisappointed