About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SENSATIONAL SENIORS   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/23/15 by ModDee; 1337640 views.
Kittyarnold

Aug-22

we liked the house and location we saw yesterday.....but have decided not to go forward with it...Brian (who knows how to do plumbing and everything)....talked about the fact that he can't work all day long anymore...so fixing stuff would take days or longer.....did need some work....so we will keep looking....stay well...

Cocoa60

Aug-23

Morning Kitty.  Should be able to find a place that needs little work. 

We went to our friends memory gathering yesterday.

I painted the license plate holder on Subaru, It flips down if you are driving with the tailgate down and was rusted.

I have to wait 5 days to put the second coat on the whole undercarriage.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-23

hope there is a house for us...;or we end up building....and that means months....I don't like that....otherwise all is well....and the underside of the car?  what is being painted?  just to protect from rust or is it very old........?   but more importantly it must have been so hard to go to your friends service....

Cocoa60

Aug-24

Morning Kitty.  Seems like fun looking at houses.  My wife watches shows about looking a t homes and having some of them rebuilt.  Mostly people like the first floor all opened up instead of split up into rooms the way it was.

Subaru is 13 years old.  It was rustproofed and touched up every year for 10 years but its getting pretty rusty underneath now.  I'm not ready to give it up yet.  I got the POR15 undercoating years ago for the two 80s cars I have but ended up doing this late model car first.  The other 80s cars aren't on the road during the salty winters.

The friend was wife's manager at a job for 12 years, she's glad she went.  I had this POR15 on my hands so they were black.  It dried and nothing will take it off.  After new skin cells grow it comes off in a few days.

Have a good day.

Ernie

Hello all,

Thought I'd check in and see what's happening. Kitty has left her paradise home.  Sounds like a move North closer to family is a good idea.  Mine are 20 minutes away. Ray, grandson started preschool today and was so excited....mask and all  

Kitty...Sorry to hear of your back pain. Hope you are getting some relief. And Susan with her poor knee. Knock on wood....my back has been ok as long as I don't work too hard. Easier said than done. Glad we are still smoke free...and grateful lungs are ok during this covid time.  

How is Finn doing?  Bella is fighting ear infections all the time. Getting old and she doesn't get too far away from me. Her hearing is gone and her eyesight is poor. 

Kitty...wow your husband is thinking of building your house!!!  More power to him.  I'm very impressed.  

Carolyn

Kittyarnold

Aug-25

my husband is 12 yrs younger then I.....so still energetic and in good health....but building may be a modular with him directing etc....he is going to walk a piece of property today with a realtor/owner of the lot....I will wait at home...he is going to take pictures....we have driven by and I liked the location and view etc....the back? well went to a surgeon yesterday and he wants to do surgery....showed me the where and the why....and I will go to my primary Dr. and get his opinion....I did like the Dr but the surgery would be done about an hour away and of course no one could come to visit because of the virus....some hard decisions to make...he wants to do it soon before it gets worse...and if is right in the middle of shopping for a home or land etc....glad you are doing well and so glad you stopped in.....and yes nice to stay smoke free....it has been 13 yrs for me now.....

Kittyarnold

Aug-25

well he is not building a house we saw a house today and made an offer....we hope our offer is the best...several showings to many people in the next two days...it just came on the market...lovely....wish us luck please....

Cocoa60

Aug-26

Good luck on the house Kitty.  Surgeon isn't making money unless he does surgery.  I'm not there and I'm not you so it's up to you.

We are going on a picnic and then on to the farm to help my brother and his wife for a short time, granddaughter and Brandy dog are going with us.

Visited my daughter and our grands yesterday, they seem to be doing well. 

Have a great day.

Ernie

Kittyarnold

Aug-26

conferring with my primary DR this morning via virtual visit  and then will make a decision.about the surgery ...am considering it...hoping it would stop the damage to my nerves but am really thinking about this house.....we are so ready to get settled in our own space...hopefully before winter.....sounds wonderful that you can spend time with granddaughter.....enjoy

Cocoa60

Aug-27

Morning Kitty.  Glad house hunting is going well.

We had a good picnic.  Wife and granddaughter spent most of their time with my sister in law, she is dying of lung cancer.

Got a large tractor tire from the farm tractor getting it's tires changed.  I will probably make a flower garden in the tire like my mom had decades ago.

Walking late this morning because of rain.

Have a good day.

Ernie