Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are You Finding Empty Shelves Due to Pandemic Preparations?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 3/9/20 by BWArtist; 7071 views.
BWArtist

Poll Question From BWArtist

3/9/20

Are You Finding Empty Shelves Due to Pandemic Preparations?
  • Yes, somewhat scarce on a few different items.19  votes
    57%
  • Yes, I'm having to shop different stores just to find what I need.2  votes
    6%
  • Yes and I decided prices are too outrageous on some items to buy now.0  votes
    0%
  • No, no panic here.1  vote
    3%
  • Haven't bothered to notice any problem yet.2  votes
    6%
  • Answers 1,2,36  votes
    18%
  • I buy extra supplies before a problem exists.1  vote
    3%
  • Other2  votes
    6%
Yes, somewhat scarce on a few different items. 
Yes, I'm having to shop different stores just to find what I need. 
Yes and I decided prices are too outrageous on some items to buy now. 
No, no panic here. 
Haven't bothered to notice any problem yet. 
Answers 1,2,3 
I buy extra supplies before a problem exists. 
Other 
Showtalk
Staff

3/9/20

Yes. Today they were out of toilet paper, napkins and all kinds of pinto beans, garbanzo beans and white beans. They had black beans. They were also out of rice and almost out of hand soap.  They had four people restocking the shelves and were still out of some items.  They had hand sanitizer in boxes at the manager’s counter.

BWArtist

3/9/20

I'm presently home bound at the moment. So I'm going by what folks tell me as they go out and shop. Bleach and other disinfectants are scarce. People are noticing prices climbing on most everything as they run out. Purrell is getting to be unavailable all together.

ANNMTM

3/9/20

1 & 2 for me. My daughter is moving to Palo Alto and her new roommate couldn't find TP. I got some for them and me. I just got back from Safeway, did some shopping. Except for disinfecting wipes, they were good.

I'm impressed to hear someone had hand sanitizer left at this point! Out of curiosity I looked on Amazon. There was some, at outrageous prices!

kizmet1

3/9/20

2 Costco stores here had huge crowds Saturday, especially on toilet paper. Restocked by time I was there Monday. Fred Meyer (Kroger) was rationing certain things. All due to one man being infected.
Showtalk
Staff

3/9/20

Price gouging is illegal in some states.  That is inexcusable.

https://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer-transactions/price-gouging-laws-by-state.html

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

3/13/20

I saw a lady in Dollar General with a large shopping cart stacked over full of toilet tissue.

I find this to be especially hilarious as TP is NOT an essential in the worst of times unless you live in the woods.  Push comes to shove, a wash cloth or other fabric can do, and it is renewable.

ANNMTM

3/13/20

I read explanations from four mental health professionals who basically said it was because people felt they had control with TP. I don't even know what that means. My daughter figures it is people who are really hunkering down for a long stay indoors. I don't know, just seems crazy.

BWArtist

3/13/20

I remember keeping a copy of the Monkey Wards or Sears catalogs in the outhouse. Have to say I prefer TP over a page in the catalog. And the old rag clothes material only works well in more humid climates. In the desert, it's a different deal.

BWArtist

3/13/20

Comfort for the human soul comes in different forms.