Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fake News? No!   The Serious You: Politics

Started May-31 by Jeri (azpaints); 3181 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

May-31

From my FB account...my post
The administration hatred of “fake“ news Is paying off. one reporter arrested, one Female reporter shot with pepper balls and Phoenix reporter Sprayed with tear gas and a second Phoenix reporters crew was physically attacked by a rioter Had to go to ER.??????
MerlinsDad

Jun-2

Yeah.  And there are those who actually believe what he says about the press.  Sad.  

And in Atlanta,  "AJC staff photographer Alyssa Pointer, a key member of the news organization’s protest coverage team, was detained by officers of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. Atlanta police arrested Haisten Willis, a former president of the Georgia Society of Professional Journalists who was working as a freelancer for The Washington Post. Both have been released."

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-2

And now he is ordering in the military even against the governors request.

MerlinsDad

Jun-2

I can't find anything which states that he has actually ordered them in.  If you know something I don't, please send me a link.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-2

He said he had ordered thousands of military into DC and would send them into states even against governors wishes.  The news said they confirmed 200;military were ordered to DC.   I don't know if he actually ordered the DC contingent and the state comments were a threat if the governors didn't get the riots stopped he would.

Calling violent protests 'acts of domestic terror,' Trump says he'll send in military if they aren't controlled
Trump urged governors to use National Guard troops to control violence and warned if they didn't, he would deploy the U.S. military "and quickly solve the problem for them."

Read in USA TODAY: https://apple.news/A97GDi19YR52IRzGBEai8BA

MerlinsDad

Jun-2

I found this

An active duty military police battalion consisting of 200 to 250 military personnel is now in the process of deploying to Washington, DC, and could be in the nation's capital as soon as tonight, three US defense officials tell CNN.

The troops are expected to provide security in the nation's capital but not perform law enforcement duties such as arrest and detention of protesters or rioters.

Two defense officials said the troops will be coming from a unit at Fort Bragg in North Carolina.

Because of Washington, DC's unique status, the deployment does not require local authorization.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-06-01-20/h_4fea2537c2a7ac1aec49102573b246fe

I've read about his threats to send federal troops where they are not wanted.  What part of law and order does he not comprehend?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-2

Ah, thank you.  I'm trying to restock my new refrigerator and post and read and watch TV and now it's treatment time...trying to stretch too far,

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-2

Cuomo may go around DeBlasio after his poor performance  in NYC.  Political infighting.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-2

If it is domestic terrorism he has an obligation to act.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-2

And Trump may overthrow several governors, including Cuomo, using the US military to install martial law across the country.