Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Poor RNC can't win   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jun-30 by Jeri (azpaints); 2583 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-30

It’s a non issue, they will wear masks if required.

BWArtist

Jun-30

It's not that a mask will make Trump look unmanly. It's the fact that the mask lifts his makeup onto the mask.

These are the new problems  the RNC now has.

MerlinsDad

Jun-30

I would like to see Trump and his troop  wearing masks. 

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

He would not wear one, but everyone else could.

MerlinsDad

Jul-1

If the virus is still raging, everyone should, including him.  Even Mitch McConnell, Trump's chief enabler, has endorsed wearing masks.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/politics/republicans-encourage-wear-a-mask/index.html

also see

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-face-masks-protecting-everyone

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

Mitch McConnell, senate leader, can make his own decisions.  It’s none of our concern whether the President wears a mask or not.  I don’t know how you do it.  I can’t sustain the anger of hatred continually. That must be exhausting and a lot of negative energy.  

• Edited July 1, 2020 1:16 pm  by  Showtalk
MerlinsDad

Jul-1

Showtalks says;  "Mitch McConnell, senate leader, can make his own decisions."

No.  He's recommending that all of us wear masks.  It's a blanket statement:

"We must have no stigma, none, about wearing masks when we leave our homes & come near other people,” said McConnell, R-Ky. “Wearing simple face coverings is not about protecting ourselves, it is about protecting everyone we encounter."

“In fact, the more we dislike the pain and suffering caused by the strict stay-home guidelines a few months ago, the happier we should be to take reasonable small steps every day to ensure our country can stay on offense against the virus [bolding mine --MD].” McConnell added.  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-face-masks-protecting-everyone

showtalk says:  "It’s none of our concern whether the President wears a mask or not"

I disagree.  He should provide a model.  I'm sure that there is a smattering of people who say to themselves "if he can do, so can I."  Not really a good attitude under the circumstances. 

showtalk says:  "I can’t sustain the anger of hatred continually. That must be exhausting and a lot of negative energy. "

That's rather humorous.  You know nothing about me but keep trying to insult me.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-1

That's like an abusive father telling his son "do as I say, not as I do" when he smacks his wife.

Leaders should lead by words, by actions and by example.  Just leading by words is simply blowing hot air.

kizmet1

Jul-1

Is it possible that certain high up politicians are tested daily along with their guards and staff?
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

I am not trying to insult you, it’s an observation. Many times when you mention a major Republican figure you call them names that come out of anger or derision when most people use them.  It’s happening so often, I made the assumption there was emotion behind it.  If not anger, then what? I don’t mind being corrected.  It is still very negative, whether anger or not.