About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2019 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 36542 views.
Denim50

Sep-25

Hey July25, 

CONGRATULATIONS ON TWO MONTHS SMOKE FREE! Hope you have a fun day celebrating and do something special for yourself today. You deserve it. We all know the beginning is the hardest and you’ve made it through those first two months. That’s terrific. It’s wonderful to see you staying close to the forum and staying strong. Keep going, a day at a time, and on to month three.... YAY YOU! So happy you’re here with us and wishing you continued success. Have a great day. relaxed 

• Edited September 25, 2019 9:49 am  by  Denim50

Thank you for your kind words!!!!

This is a difficult journey but one that will be most rewarding!!!

The forum has been a huge support!!!  Alot of good reading.  I really believe this forum is how i have come this far!!!  Wishing all  great strength and NOPE each and every day!!

QuitJul19

Oct-12

How is everyone doing? Wondering how many of us are left! I know of at least 4. Today is officially 3 calendar months for me. Seems like we don't post on this thread much, but I do see posts in other places. 

I'm here!!!  Very excited about 3 months coming up!!!

Happy 3 calendar months to you!!  I really am excited for everyone.  

I have good days and i have bad days.  Mostly good.  I do take a lozenge once a day!!  Hoping by the time i hit month four won't need that.

I am surprised that when i smell a cigarette it doesn't smell good.  My biggest problem is when i see someone exhale smoke!!  Weird right but when i see that i want one.  I know i will be ok  because being a nonsmoker is top priority!!  

Let's keep the JULY QUIT!!

sweetstuff76

Oct-13

Yes I stopped posting in here because there wasn’t much activity and it was posts around the forum instead .

Im close to my 3 month mark too (23rd) and I’m doing good , cravings for me eased off by week 5 , it’s the adjusting my body /brain is doing that’s given me some difficult times on and off . Week 9 was a solid week of headaches which weren’t pleasant because I was soo happy to be headache free when I quit , I also go through cycles it seems of exhaustion , also some cycles of anxiety . I won’t hide away and get consumed about how awful I feel just waiting for things to get easier , I’ll live my life through it and take the awful days with the good and fill my days to keep busy , it’s what I had to do to get a better quality of life with my anxiety and went from housebound to getting out there alone , there is no magic switch and the healing process takes as long as it does   . Weird but I’m enjoying this journey and finding me as the non smoker , overall life is good and it’s always one day at a time and just get to bedtime smoke free , each day is a new day . 

Quit July 23rd 2019

Jpatrick1996

Oct-13

Not to worry.....I'm still here. Thanks for checking though!

Congratulations on 3 months.......HUGE accomplishment!

My phone tells me that this is day 89 for me, so I am getting there. 3 more days until 3 calendar months smoke free! Not one puff!

All the best to everyone, and thank you all for doing your part in keeping me smoke free. You've helped more than you could know.

Sincerely,

Patrick

Quit  July 16th, 2019

In reply toRe: msg 356
4quitness

Oct-13

Hey everyone!

Congrats to those that have reached the 3 mth. mark. I'm really hoping that not all of us have such a rough time between months 3 and 4. It's been an emotional roller coaster yet again for me. Cravings and some depression. I just come on here and reread all of the help articles. Some of the journals and quit stories are very inspiring as well. We have some awesome veterans on here that are super supportive and generous with their time and wisdom. These people really know how to pay it forward.

Hang tight everyone, and stay in touch. I am proud of each of you!

Michele

Killed the beast 7/9/19

quit 13 calendar weeks, 5 days ago 

QuitJul19

Oct-13

My biggest issue is all the sudden I need to put something in my mouth all the time smile I don't know where this came from, but I feel like something is missing.  I'm trying very hard to not constantly snack. It's been harder it seems for me as well. Almost as if I'm losing some of the determination I had early on that was so strong. I won't cave, but would like to find that positivity again. 

07-12-19 dizzydizzydizzy

• Edited October 13, 2019 6:12 pm  by  QuitJul19
4quitness

Oct-14

Yes, I definitely understand. Do you also feel antsy? Like you're coming out of your skin? My daughter suggested that maybe I'm actually reading too much about smoking cessation, and that maybe I think a lot of this is happening because of what is described in all of the articles. The power of suggestion? I really wish I knew!

Msg 4222.360 deleted